Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 01, 2018, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 01, 2018, 04:54:36 PM
whoever did make the call to shut casement when they did really didn't think it through at all. In the mean time we will have to get used to not having a home for another ten years at this rate.

Think Mc Nulty is using this as a political dig at the shinners as well
Ulster Council to blame and the last half wits we had in charge at county

seen him today on the tv going on about it.

In the short term would they not be better investing some money into grounds around the county to try and help the facilities. they ask clubs to do all the work to host the games, the least they could do is do more to help improve that match day experience in some way.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 01, 2018, 05:23:29 PM
whoever did make the call to shut casement when they did really didn't think it through at all. In the mean time we will have to get used to not having a home for another ten years at this rate.

In the short term would they not be better investing some money into grounds around the county to try and help the facilities. they ask clubs to do all the work to host the games, the least they could do is do more to help improve that match day experience in some way.

If most ordinary Antrim folk knew how much has already been spent on planning consultants,and contractors delay penalty fees they would go mad
It's well into the millions
The paltry fee casement was let go for to Ulster Council was also way below market value
The whole thing is a complete mess
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Cannon Fodder

Just cause you boys have resulted to puke hurling don't try bringing the rest of us down as well.
[/quote]

And here we have it, Loughgiel change tactics to try and win the game, quite similar to what Cushendall have done in previous years under Smokey (Eoin Campbell being sacrificed more times than enough to play sweeper) and nobody else is allowed to use it. Only adapting to win the match

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 05:07:36 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 01, 2018, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
This board today has had more action than the match. Keep it up lads.
any news yet on any suspensions for your own action on the sideline saturday? two ex stars over the wire. i didn't see it but am informed a star player could be in a drop of hot water also

Well you didn't see it. The referee obviously didn't see anything either. No red cards or yellow cards. Just cause you boys have resulted to puke hurling don't try bringing the rest of us down as well.
;D ;D Ok!!  Exactly how did use beat us two years back?  lol quit the crack now
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

Quote from: Cannon Fodder on October 01, 2018, 05:38:41 PM
Just cause you boys have resulted to puke hurling don't try bringing the rest of us down as well.

And here we have it, Loughgiel change tactics to try and win the game, quite similar to what Cushendall have done in previous years under Smokey (Eoin Campbell being sacrificed more times than enough to play sweeper) and nobody else is allowed to use it. Only adapting to win the match
[/quote]

Cannon Fodder, my remarks about puke hurling were made with my tongue very much in cheek. Have a sense of humour ffs. You'll need one if you are to last any length of time on this discussion board.

Jesusjones

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 01, 2018, 05:48:04 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 05:07:36 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 01, 2018, 04:34:03 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
This board today has had more action than the match. Keep it up lads.
any news yet on any suspensions for your own action on the sideline saturday? two ex stars over the wire. i didn't see it but am informed a star player could be in a drop of hot water also

Well you didn't see it. The referee obviously didn't see anything either. No red cards or yellow cards. Just cause you boys have resulted to puke hurling don't try bringing the rest of us down as well.
;D ;D Ok!!  Exactly how did use beat us two years back?  lol quit the crack now

Fast flowing, expansive attacking hurling that yielded a higher score than our opponents SG?  ;D ;D

breakingball

Quote from: cfclg on October 01, 2018, 10:22:17 AM
Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 01, 2018, 09:33:45 AM
I believe that the results at the weekend were fair and the refs in both games did not cost any team - i thought they were neutral, tried to let both games flow (rather that than start /stop) yep for sure they missed somethings (and probably could have been helped more by their linesmen) - overall a good performance by both men in the middle.

Haha. You must be related to them or very good friends!

Honestly but, when a ref has a poor game (in the same way a player does), they need to be held accountable. Here's an idea. In cship games, an assessment panel made up of neutral gaels from other clubs (not ex referees) should rate the referees performance on various factors and the overall assessment be posted on Antrim website. All anonymous of course. What about that for a crazy a*s idea. A bit like the player ratings you see in the papers.

Crazy idea is right. Could think of nothing worse.

MoChara

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 12:10:56 PM
No stewards in the car park on the way out either. Complete mess trying to get out. Dunloy did a great job on the Saturday with stewards directing traffic right down through the village.
What about this new 20 grand ticket van as well? That was some investment. I've seen shorter queues going to the ticket booth at croke park. If there is any way to make a balls of something as simple as walking up to a gate man and paying into a game our county will find it.

The day Dublin came to Corrigan was nought short of embarrassing

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 01, 2018, 05:31:34 PM

If most ordinary Antrim folk knew how much has already been spent on planning consultants,and contractors delay penalty fees they would go mad
The paltry fee casement was let go for to Ulster Council was also way below market value

I seen the plans for casement online on the planning service web site a brave while ago and they are still floating about.

the fees that they will have been charging will have been shocking high and what has been spent on it at the moment is mental. All we have got from casement is fecking silage!
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 01, 2018, 06:07:24 PM

I seen the plans for casement online on the planning service web site a brave while ago and they are still floating about.

the fees that they will have been charging will have been shocking high and what has been spent on it at the moment is mental. All we have got from casement is fecking silage!
It's a right shame this has been allowed to happen. I was up past Casement last week and had a look in. Sad.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 01, 2018, 06:25:40 PM

It's a right shame this has been allowed to happen. I was up past Casement last week and had a look in. Sad.
Anyone ever speak to our own club delegates to see if clubs inquired who is responsible for the mess
At the end of the day casement belongs to Antrim Gael's and the clubs or am I way off on this

Jesusjones

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 01, 2018, 06:35:35 PM

Anyone ever speak to our own club delegates to see if clubs inquired who is responsible for the mess
At the end of the day casement belongs to Antrim Gael's and the clubs or am I way off on this

Not any more it doesn't.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on October 01, 2018, 07:05:57 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 01, 2018, 06:35:35 PM

Not any more it doesn't.

Sorry I should have said use to belong
My point being is who is accountable and why where they left to their own devices

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2018, 07:20:19 PM
Club delegates were fed a crock of shite on many aspects of this from the beginning. They also opened their mouths wider and allowed themselves to be, refusing to listen to any alternative. Anyone who spoke against it was an anti-GAA "blackguard". That was the term used by the St. Brigid's delegate. You reap what you sow.

I've seen it said on this site many times, same old guard in situ just in different chairs over the last few decades getting a handy wee turn. Things will never improve in Antrim unless the whole house is cleaned out and start afresh with genuine honest people in the correct positions....

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 02, 2018, 05:27:36 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 01, 2018, 07:20:19 PM
Club delegates were fed a crock of shite on many aspects of this from the beginning. They also opened their mouths wider and allowed themselves to be, refusing to listen to any alternative. Anyone who spoke against it was an anti-GAA "blackguard". That was the term used by the St. Brigid's delegate. You reap what you sow.

I've seen it said on this site many times, same old guard in situ just in different chairs over the last few decades getting a handy wee turn. Things will never improve in Antrim unless the whole house is cleaned out and start afresh with genuine honest people in the correct positions....

Saffron Vision was supposed to be the start of a new era for Antrim GAA. Unfortunately it seems to have gone by the wayside.

It seems that Antrim is one of the few counties who cant seem to get their house in order.

Id say the Casement episode has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth and that is the fault of the Ulster Council who fed the Antrim county board a lot of sweetie mice and attempted to coerce Antrim into signing over Casement Park to the Ulster Council.