Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Wise words there SG. Young teams need to stay grounded
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Well

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Not too surprised Dunloy won I knew they had the players. I think the indoor facility they built has helped to develop this group. Apparently the indoor ball when it gets warm moves much faster so it might explain why some of them are very "wristy". The performance Sunday might give them enough confidence to win Ulster now.

theskull1

The Academy is a fantastic resource no doubt but those young lads were knacky when they were U10s before it was built
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Sunday was literally the definition of the two half game. I thought we were poor enough in the first half and Cushendall deserved to be in front. Though despite not playing well we were only 3 points down on them.

Second half we came out and completely blew them away. I knew the talent was there in the team i just didn't expect that to happen. It was a joy to watch as a Dunloy fan as the players showed what they could do.

Not going to lie, we enjoyed the celebrations on Sunday into the wee hours of Monday morning.
hurl like f**k boi!

breakingball

Disagree ☝️☝️☝️. Dunloy better team start to finish and shoulda have been in front at half time.

Na Glinntí Glasa

would love to agree with you BB but i thought we were poor in the first half. we shot bad wides and gave away silly frees to allow Cdall to tag over the scores. At times it looked like we were trying to force a pass and each time it was the wrong option.

I was happy to be only 3 down at half time despite not playing well.

On another note i heard last night that Sundays final was the biggest attended in an age with £25k on the gate. Fair play to everyone in Ballycastle as they had it all organised to a tee and before we had all left they had rubbish started to be collected around the pitch by club vols.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 27, 2017, 08:45:35 AM
would love to agree with you BB but i thought we were poor in the first half. we shot bad wides and gave away silly frees to allow Cdall to tag over the scores. At times it looked like we were trying to force a pass and each time it was the wrong option.

On another note i heard last night that Sundays final was the biggest attended in an age with £25k on the gate. Fair play to everyone in Ballycastle as they had it all organised to a tee and before we had all left they had rubbish started to be collected around the pitch by club vols.

Agree DR, was absolutely superb organisation.

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 27, 2017, 09:12:45 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 27, 2017, 08:45:35 AM

Agree DR, was absolutely superb organisation.

Credit where it is due for the ticket process also to the County, was very well organised. Clear and Transparent.

saffron123

Dunloy better team in the first half to in my opinion, just couldnt get the scores, 5/6 wides and 3/4 occasions nigel elliott and keelan molloy couldve been in on goal. they upped it a couple of levels start of the second half and cushendall couldnt live with the pace! you wont see a better 15 minutes like it again, 3 down to 11 up. 2-10 in 15 minutes. Unreal.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Sneill won the toss there this morning and the games set for Owenbeg. Im happy with that venue, big wide open pitch will suit us to a tee.
hurl like f**k boi!

shawshank

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 29, 2017, 10:50:56 AM
Sneill won the toss there this morning and the games set for Owenbeg. Im happy with that venue, big wide open pitch will suit us to a tee.

You are, wait to you see the surface, goal area a mud bath, couldn't take matches recently as it was into the knees. Is the game this Sunday?

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah i seen that there and the pics from the pitch. there hasnt been a game played on it since the 2 football semi finals so its had a lot of time to recover from the damage done to it.

The games set for next weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 29, 2017, 11:34:22 AM
yeah i seen that there and the pics from the pitch. there hasnt been a game played on it since the 2 football semi finals so its had a lot of time to recover from the damage done to it.

The second semi actually wasmt played there, it was moved to Celtic PArk cause it cut up that badly in the 1st semi
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 29, 2017, 01:35:32 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 29, 2017, 11:34:22 AM

The second semi actually wasmt played there, it was moved to Celtic PArk cause it cut up that badly in the 1st semi

Can't see the Derry board breaking its balls to make it suit a light fast team
Ballycastle was heavy and that turned out ok so it is what it is
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets