GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

A Club Hurler in Kilkenny tested positive.  His teammates will have to isolate for 2 weeks.

omagh_gael

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 30, 2020, 06:01:08 PM
A Club Hurler in Kilkenny tested positive.  His teammates will have to isolate for 2 weeks.

Surely that's not true? Didn't the gaa identify training and matches as casual contact therefore no need to self isolate

screenexile

6 Counties still have to wait until 17th July for challenge games!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

It's true, that's the problem with it being Amatuer. Those players will probaly miss 2 weeks wages from work

The Inter County season starting in October when the flu season starts. It could be carnage then.

supersub

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 30, 2020, 06:01:08 PM

Not strictly true. They isolate until contact tracing and tests are done so could be less than 2 weeks. Training is regarded as close contact though.

Norf Tyrone

Folks
Anyone have any guidance/ best practice for washing jerseys and I don't mean 'use daz' etc.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

themac_23

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 01, 2020, 07:49:50 AM
Folks
Anyone have any guidance/ best practice for washing jerseys and I don't mean 'use daz' etc.

Id actually say a good idea would be use squad numbers and each player look after their own jersey for the season

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: themac_23 on July 01, 2020, 07:59:57 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 01, 2020, 07:49:50 AM
Folks

Id actually say a good idea would be use squad numbers and each player look after their own jersey for the season

I was half thinking that. However you know yourself some buck will forget!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

armaghniac

I think the problems with public attendance at these games is shown by the Danish cup final where a modest crowd was admitted, but the game had to be stopped because some of the fans insisted on squeezing in together. Some people are thick and several thick people together is a bad combination.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0702/1150933-social-distancing-breaches-delays-danish-cup-final/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebackbar1

At some stage it was communicated that you could only tog 24 players for challenge matches, is that still the case?

Cavan19

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 30, 2020, 07:09:16 PM
It's true, that's the problem with it being Amatuer. Those players will probaly miss 2 weeks wages from work

The Inter County season starting in October when the flu season starts. It could be carnage then.

It will be carnage this is a none runner people are going to be sick and not know whether its a heavy cold, Flu or Covid 19.

Some gobshite wont do what their supposed to do and that could be the star man on the team or the village idiot.

I would put good money on that there will be no All - Ireland Final this year.

Rossfan

I think this will be like trying to stop payments to managers...
Or will be implemented against some little County.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM