Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2012, 11:53:12 AM
Did my first Parkrun today, good craic and well run.

Did it as well MR but forgot my bar code. Hadn't been running much recently so took it easy. I pushed past your clubmate at about 3 or 4k.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on January 14, 2012, 01:41:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 11, 2012, 09:40:13 PM
I know the running machine can't replicate running out on the roads, but I've got to start somewhere!! I ran 5k tonight at the gym on the machine, the time was 21.53. What would be the difference? Obviously I'd be slower outside.

must have been cart horse slow or else you'd be bummin and blowin  :)

No bummin or blowing, finished up on 21.55, i could have done it a wee bit better, only three lads past me, two at the end (clubmate!!) and some bloke about 4k in. Probably imommygunn  ;)

So thats my target to beat next time i run, Fcuk it was cold
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

190 runners was a good turn out. When I did it on New Years Day there was only 41 eejits.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Well done all. Def not trying it with those times you're posting...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rois on January 14, 2012, 09:16:14 PM

Those times were in the top 40 from 190 Rois, you genuinely have nothing to be worried about! A guy with a kid in a buggy ran it!

MR I was running with a workmateand we passed a guy starting the second lap who seemed to take issue and sped up a good bit. I suspect that was you...

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2012, 10:58:10 AM

Those times were in the top 40 from 190 Rois, you genuinely have nothing to be worried about! A guy with a kid in a buggy ran it!

MR I was running with a workmateand we passed a guy starting the second lap who seemed to take issue and sped up a good bit. I suspect that was you...

The guy with the buggy has beaten me twice  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

I was only passed late on imtommygunn. The guy with pram was just in front of me. Running with a good looking blade ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Orior on January 15, 2012, 12:26:29 PM

Beat up the kid.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on January 15, 2012, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 15, 2012, 12:26:29 PM

Beat up the kid.  ;)

He would if he could catch him :)

imtommygunn

He gets carried down hills by that buggy - cheating...

Bingo

A few of the local runners always go for a sunday morning run - 9/10 miles. I've never done that distance before but been getting to it. So one of them suggested I come with them.

So I head and one of them who sets the route tells them he has a new route for them today.

Off we set and 13miles later, I am crawling home. Plus it was over the biggest hill in the area.

Was serious hard 2/3 miles to come home, run was more a slow jog and a shuffle!

At least its done now, wouldn't have went of I'd know what distance they were doing but only one of them knew.

Radda bout yeee

I bought a new pair of nike running trainers there and decided to get the app for the iphone. Has anyone on here used it? Is it any good or am I just a sucker for some Nike marketing?

imtommygunn

I don't use it but I've a mate who does and speaks well of it.

flantheman82

Just got a quick question about the different heart rate zones. My main aim at the minute is to lose weight. When I start running at a fairly slow pace, bearing in mind I'm really unfit, I quickly reach close to my max heart rate. To reach the heart rate zones for fat burning, I have to walk briskly.
Does this make sense that just walking would enable me to lose more weight than running? Can't really understand the logic!

thewobbler

The Runkeeper app records times, distances and maps, and it's free. Can't fault it myself.