michaelg

Quote from: illdecide on February 22, 2019, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 22, 2019, 08:36:05 AM
Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 12:22:54 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 21, 2019, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 21, 2019, 05:06:26 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 21, 2019, 03:35:54 PM
Sectarianism in Scotland and N.Ireland is treated like racism in England.....brushed under the carpet....sure it's only fenians, huns. orange / black b**tards and ni##ers😡
Fixed that for you there

Thanks
No probs. As you well know, sectarianism is a double edged sword in Scotland and NI.

Gerrard couldn't even call it out for what it was...why? Sectarianism in all forms is wrong....but anti Catholic sectarianism is tolerated/accepted at all levels in both N.I. and Scotland. I wouldn't expect you to have experienced the levels of sectarianism that most nationalists have, but please don't try and say one side is as bad as the other.
Can you give examples of this in NI in 2019?  As for the one side not being as bad as the other, the trouble caused by Celtic fans in Spain is a case in point.  Celtic fans play up and it's police brutality, but when the same thing happens to Rangers fans away, it's thuggery, hooliganism etc.

Michaelg i will agree with you on most things and Celtic have their fair share of idiots and I've seen them first hand but i have to disagree with you on Celtic fans causing trouble in Spain, the videos are all on line of fans walking calmly and police beating them across the legs with batons for nothing. Also a girl getting hit with a baton for filming scenes on her phone, this is not hearsay this is fact, I've watched them several times...trust me i'm all for you cause trouble you deserve what's coming to you especially in other countries abroad but call it what it is and if you'd have watched the numerous videos from the last few days you'd retract what you said...maybe you were just trying to wind up :-\
Not on the wind-up, and have seen some of those videos, but there tends to be no smoke without fire in these situations.  I just find it hard to believe that there was absolutely no provocation for the police to act in the way that they did.

illdecide

Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 12:38:27 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 22, 2019, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 22, 2019, 08:36:05 AM
Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 12:22:54 AM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 21, 2019, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: michaelg on February 21, 2019, 05:06:26 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 21, 2019, 03:35:54 PM
Sectarianism in Scotland and N.Ireland is treated like racism in England.....brushed under the carpet....sure it's only fenians, huns. orange / black b**tards and ni##ers😡
Fixed that for you there

Thanks
No probs. As you well know, sectarianism is a double edged sword in Scotland and NI.

Gerrard couldn't even call it out for what it was...why? Sectarianism in all forms is wrong....but anti Catholic sectarianism is tolerated/accepted at all levels in both N.I. and Scotland. I wouldn't expect you to have experienced the levels of sectarianism that most nationalists have, but please don't try and say one side is as bad as the other.
Can you give examples of this in NI in 2019?  As for the one side not being as bad as the other, the trouble caused by Celtic fans in Spain is a case in point.  Celtic fans play up and it's police brutality, but when the same thing happens to Rangers fans away, it's thuggery, hooliganism etc.

Michaelg i will agree with you on most things and Celtic have their fair share of idiots and I've seen them first hand but i have to disagree with you on Celtic fans causing trouble in Spain, the videos are all on line of fans walking calmly and police beating them across the legs with batons for nothing. Also a girl getting hit with a baton for filming scenes on her phone, this is not hearsay this is fact, I've watched them several times...trust me i'm all for you cause trouble you deserve what's coming to you especially in other countries abroad but call it what it is and if you'd have watched the numerous videos from the last few days you'd retract what you said...maybe you were just trying to wind up :-\
Not on the wind-up, and have seen some of those videos, but there tends to be no smoke without fire in these situations.  I just find it hard to believe that there was absolutely no provocation for the police to act in the way that they did.

The old "no smoke without fire" one...Seriously ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 22, 2019, 01:15:18 AM
It's a dying breed and thankfully this rarely rears its head now ( save for the sectarian abuse netted out to visiting 26 county rugby teams playing 6 county based opposition in the 6 counties).

Really????

My interest in rugby doesn't go beyond TV and the occasional game but I have friends who are avid rugby followers (club and province) and they would have never reflected that to me.  I can't say they have denied either but if t was common I think they would have mentioned it.

/Jim.

michaelg

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on February 22, 2019, 04:28:16 PM
It's a dying breed and thankfully this rarely rears its head now ( save for the sectarian abuse netted out to visiting 26 county rugby teams playing 6 county based opposition in the 6 counties).

Really????

My interest in rugby doesn't go beyond TV and the occasional game but I have friends who are avid rugby followers (club and province) and they would have never reflected that to me.  I can't say they have denied either but if t was common I think they would have mentioned it.

/Jim.
If anything, it could be the other way round.  Have heard in past amateur era how a few choice words, on and off pitch, would have come Ulster's way when playing inter-pros in Cork and Limerick.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2019, 09:53:59 AM
No.
They aren't.

The establishment in the north of Ireland showed it's inequality at every juncture... including making the north of Ireland soccer team a cold hell for Catholic Irish.

Scotland is going to mean Celtic have to get out of SPL and even into the bottom tier of Welsh league if they want to play on a somewhat fair playing field... on and off the pitch
Are you involved with a team and experienced this  first hand?
Was.
Incidents from
Ulster junior rugby league
AIL all Ireland league

I am friendly with a lot of rugby players north and south and it's still there.
In fact two ex Irish internationals.. were joining in sectarian abuse..  10 or so years ago that was though

Insane Bolt

Farrandeelin

Maybe the Laois fella was attributing his GSTQ to being from the Queen's County. ;)

Seriously, I think it's a disgrace to be honest. One thing that strikes me is the partitionist attitude of so-called GAA men. However, it can't be reffed properly so sadly the taunts (I would hope that they are a tiny minority by the way) can't entirely be properly scrutinised.

That goes for all sledging.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

general_lee

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 23, 2019, 11:52:55 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on February 23, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
Well well...

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/opinion/2019/02/22/news/the-gaa-must-do-more-to-address-british-and-queen-taunts-towards-northern-players-1554780/

/Jim.

Personally I would laugh if someone called me 'british' in a gaa game.....but certainly do not find anything remotely funny in being called a fenian b**tard.
It's really hilarious when you think about it. Imagine some west Brit gimp from Laois, who probably w**ks over Man U or Liverpool in their spare time, calling somone from Cullyhanna or Crossmaglen a Brit. These boys have uncles brothers cousins fathers grandparents who shot down Brit helicopters for fun ffs 😂

Chrimtain

This incident was pretty embarrassing. However, he wasn't from Laois. He was actually from Kerry. He wore the Laois jersey but didn't represent the views of Laois GAA people.

spuds

Quote from: Chrimtain on February 23, 2019, 01:16:10 PM
This incident was pretty embarrassing. However, he wasn't from Laois. He was actually from Kerry. He wore the Laois jersey but didn't represent the views of Laois GAA people.

The emotional Laoisman!!
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Gmac

Quote from: spuds on February 23, 2019, 02:27:29 PM
Quote from: Chrimtain on February 23, 2019, 01:16:10 PM

The emotional Laoisman!!
did ye never hear of the nineteen men a missing

BennyCake

Ex-Rangers captain Fernando Ricksen in bad shape with Motor Neurone Disease. Was on news trying to raise awareness of the disease. He's nearing the end it seems. Only 42. Sad to see.