Christy Moore tonight (22/04/11) on TG4

Started by Denn Forever, April 22, 2011, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Just saw that this is on tonight.  Will it be on the iplayer?

21:45 Come All You Dreamers - Christy Moore with Declan Sinnott Live at Barrowland, Glasgow (R) Performances by Christy Moore, Declan Sinnott and guests from the Barrowland, Glasgow, in 2008. Including renditions of After the Deluge, Barrowland, City of Chicago, Ride On, Missing You and Back Home in Derry.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

5 Sams

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 22, 2011, 08:45:21 PM
Just saw that this is on tonight.  Will it be on the iplayer?

21:45 Come All You Dreamers - Christy Moore with Declan Sinnott Live at Barrowland, Glasgow (R) Performances by Christy Moore, Declan Sinnott and guests from the Barrowland, Glasgow, in 2008. Including renditions of After the Deluge, Barrowland, City of Chicago, Ride On, Missing You and Back Home in Derry.

I seen the time when the boul Christy wouldn't have been too happy with that level of "audience participation".

Used to be a huffy hoor :-[
The Aristocrat Years

Tubberman

Heard used to be grumpy alright. Saw him a couple of times in last  few years though and he was in great form.
Never knew bobby sands wrote mcillhatton - great song. Didn't he also write 'back home in derry' or am I getting them mixed up?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

spuds

Great show, really hard to beat Christy being backed by Declan Sinnott.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tubberman on April 22, 2011, 11:16:59 PM
Never knew bobby sands wrote mcillhatton - great song. Didn't he also write 'back home in derry' or am I getting them mixed up?

Correct, he wrote them both.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Blowitupref

Where's the best place in Ireland to see Christy live?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tubberman

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 22, 2011, 11:35:08 PM

I've seen him twice - very different gigs but both brilliant.
first was at electric picnic in 09, was right up the front. Tent was absolutely jammed and the place sang along the whole way through. Christy wrote in his blog that it was like being in the beatles! Place went mental - have a video of ride on, its brilliant, still get shivers looking at it :-)

Second time was in vicar st, which I think was practically built especially for him to perform in for something like 10 years but he pulled out. Much more intimate gig, brilliant again. He took requests from the crowd.
I suppose it depends what mood he's in and what kind of night you're looking for. I'd say vicar stthough, he plays there fairly regularly

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mid Down Gael

Excellent show last night. Christy is a genius.

Donnellys Hollow

Milltown, Co Kildare.

Christy can be a grumpy old crank but all the Moorefield folk are just born that way!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 22, 2011, 11:27:25 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 22, 2011, 11:16:59 PM

Correct, he wrote them both.
He is credited with writing McIllhatton but afaiaa he was not the prisoner of war who wrote it.

Mac hinery

Anytime you see Christy live is an expererience but I saw him in Bellaghy GAA club, Co.Derry in the 80's and that was maybe the most intense performance I ever saw from him.  About a third of the way into the concert someone in the crowd pissed him off cheering and clapping at the wrong time.  He stopped singing and just glared until there was complete silence in the hall.  He sang slow ballads from then until the end and didn't encourage any sort of participation or requsts from the audience at all.  Off course they were differert times then too. 

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open