Fearghal Mc Kinney to stand for the Stoops in Fermanagh/S Tyrone?

Started by T Fearon, March 10, 2010, 12:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on March 10, 2010, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 10, 2010, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 10, 2010, 02:50:58 PM

As a complete side issue, i don't see how anyone can attack McKinney's qualifications to run in an election. There are no hard and fast rules, it takes all sorts and god knows this country could do with a few brighter mps. The standard of intillect of most of our mps (yes, including our side) is shocking.

Please God I hope your taking the piss!  :D

And you too! :D

:D :D :D feckin class Ziggy well caught!  :D :D ;D
Tbc....

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Maguire01

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 10, 2010, 12:25:12 PM
Strange one alright...exactly what are his "qualifications" for being an MP??  Feel a bit sorry for Tommy Gallagher who has plugged away in the constituency for years and is a good guy.
What are his qualifications? What are the qualifications of any candidate? It's up to the voting public to decide. Having said that, he'll hardly be learning from scratch.

It is a strange one though. Gildernew is probably one of the more credible Sinn Fein reps and it would be difficult to see the SDLP winning it. Although as she's already a Minister with a significant workload, it would be interesting to know how much she actually does/can do as an MP.

If the SDLP are going to field a candidate, it makes sense for them to try and put in their best contender and maximise their vote.

As for a 'united' unionist candidate, it's hard to know if that will actually happen. The only real option seems to be for the DUP to stand aside and let the UU/Conservative candidate run and it's hard to see them doing that.

Hurler on the Bitch

Regardless - my money is on Arleen - wasn't I made a fool of - Foster! Michelle Inthenude's time is up. Fergal is an educated grey-haired and unemployed man with a dubious future - all these attributes should attract votes from across the nationalist spectrum.

I heard that Logie is to stand for TUV in Mid-Ulster.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 10, 2010, 12:39:12 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 10, 2010, 12:26:20 PM
Will Pamela Ballentine be standing for Sinn Fein?

Nah, Suzanne Breen in running in W Belfast instead of Gerry A.
She wouldn't stand for the Shinners, in any way
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Don't forget we're getting Flash Harry standing here in Upper Bann. Perhaps this consitituency should be renamed Queen's County.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Ulick

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on March 10, 2010, 09:14:14 PM
Don't forget we're getting Flash Harry standing here in Upper Bann. Perhaps this consitituency should be renamed Queen's County.

Hehe very good Fiodoir.

Here btw, did you get that bus filled?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"