Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: johnnycool on November 22, 2021, 08:51:41 AM
Quote from: Taylor on November 19, 2021, 04:01:42 PM
I understand the issue you guys have now is that the McGuinness ticket was as good as done - few things to be ironed out but it would have been good to go.

Jim pulled the plug on it because it was leaked before any announcement was made.

Given Jim's penchant for everything staying in house, once the leak was made, he decided Down was not for him.

Means yous are having to look at a plan B now.

Was it a county board official or someone connected to the ticket that squealed? There is someone involved in that process who wanted the process to fail, they need to be weeded out of Down GAA future.
This is exactly it from a not so high ranking CB official..

McGuinness was more or less over the line till someone spilled the beans, Jim then decides he can't trust the setup and then distances himself from the role.

There is no plan B, it's back to the start

forevergreen

I wouldn't say they wanted the Jim McGuinness recruitment to fail, it was more that they wanted to look like the big fella who was involved in it and making out they were in the know. Anyone who has followed or read anything around McGuinness and how he operates would know he demands a closed shop. the fact that some of the CB boys were spouting in public just highlighted that he couldn't trust them at any stage and therefore pulled the plug.
For what its worth i think he'd have been a brilliant appointment and would have been ideal to work with Laverty and Clarke with a view to keeping the 20's and Senior set up in line

upandwin

Should Down not follow the United model and appoint an interim manager for now who can train the team until we get a proper interim manager who can oversee things until we can get a permanent manager in...Then the second interim manager can become assistant TO the permanent manager...

The Fish supper in Doc's is best in the business...#ForCodAndUlster

Truth hurts

I see the u20 comp is up and running. There have a few big scores. Burren will walk the A I would imagine. St Johns looks to be motoring well in the B. Are they joined up with anyone? Castlewellan has taken the best of Loughinisland while the Ford has taken the best from Mourne. Would these clubs not have enough players from their own clubs?

Truth hurts

Wee James, Aidan O'Rourke, Mickey Walsh, Mark Doran, and Jerome Johnston are to be unveiled this week, this was confirmed by a high-ranking former East Down board member in Bizzy bee bistro over lunch today. He also said a few clubs are struggling to get management teams in place, Carryduff and Bryansford being the most high profile.

upandwin

What rank was he exactly? Higher in the ranking order than the last prominent East Down Gael prophet?

Godsown

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 23, 2021, 02:33:53 PM
Wee James, Aidan O'Rourke, Mickey Walsh, Mark Doran, and Jerome Johnston are to be unveiled this week, this was confirmed by a high-ranking former East Down board member in Bizzy bee bistro over lunch today. He also said a few clubs are struggling to get management teams in place, Carryduff and Bryansford being the most high profile.

1) where is Bizzy Bee
2) was he a former high ranking official or a high ranking former official? Or did it just rhyme with rank?

Truth hurts

He has held various officers positions on both the East Down and County board over the years, is a well-respected Gael and a good source of information. Dundrum's  Mark Fitzsimmons away to Bright was another thing he told me.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Godsown on November 23, 2021, 03:39:12 PM

1) where is Bizzy Bee
2) was he a former high ranking official or a high ranking former official? Or did it just rhyme with rank?

The Bizzy bee bistro Downpatrick, I would recommend the Bee Feast wrap . A former high ranking delegate/officer, now heavily involved in club.

imagine

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 23, 2021, 03:53:29 PM
He has held various officers positions on both the East Down and County board over the years, is a well-respected Gael and a good source of information. Dundrum's  Mark Fitzsimmons away to Bright was another thing he told me.
What else is SMcC tell you in your dreams? ;D

Truth hurts

Quote from: imagine on November 23, 2021, 04:03:44 PM
What else is SMcC tell you in your dreams? ;D

He would not tell you the time !

razor

They have turned it down. The county board also called Paddy O Rourke to take it for one year and he rejected it as well.

manwithnoplan

He must be in the know, Fitzsimons was there last year too!

Mourne Red

Quote from: manwithnoplan on November 23, 2021, 05:54:15 PM

He must be in the know, Fitzsimons was there last year too!

He really knows f**k all that boy doesn't he - Maybe he's using internet explorer as his browser

Johnnysboys

Despite the county debacle - are most clubs now sorted with management??