The Mcgregor rap battle

Should maybe be in the wtf thread

Eire90

absolute cringe from both mcgregor and whoever that rapper is

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tiempo

Latest podcast was a bit ott in terms of GAA exceptionalism, GAA has its share of fraud, spivs, spoofers, and wrong'uns - Joe's experience seems akin to Tom Cruise involvement in Scientology

And why so much hate for Micky Harte - referred to as 'that man' in the latest episode, a bit much

Saffrongael

Quote from: tiempo on April 12, 2024, 02:40:20 PMLatest podcast was a bit ott in terms of GAA exceptionalism, GAA has its share of fraud, spivs, spoofers, and wrong'uns - Joe's experience seems akin to Tom Cruise involvement in Scientology

And why so much hate for Micky Harte - referred to as 'that man' in the latest episode, a bit much

I used to find Brolly really interesting, he actually seems to be becoming slightly unhinged.

I can easily see him totally ostracised in the media world and an Ewan MacKenna type character in a few years
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Truthsayer

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 12, 2024, 03:00:33 PM
Quote from: tiempo on April 12, 2024, 02:40:20 PMLatest podcast was a bit ott in terms of GAA exceptionalism, GAA has its share of fraud, spivs, spoofers, and wrong'uns - Joe's experience seems akin to Tom Cruise involvement in Scientology

I used to find Brolly really interesting, he actually seems to be becoming slightly unhinged.

I can easily see him totally ostracised in the media world and an Ewan MacKenna type character in a few years
His podcasts are very good and popular albeit he is prone to tall tales. A far cry from Ewan McKenna.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truthsayer on April 12, 2024, 03:51:20 PM

His podcasts are very good and popular albeit he is prone to tall tales. A far cry from Ewan McKenna.

Don't know an awful lot about McKenna or his background, but Brolly and him share a similar narcissistic trait, it's all about them and being the centre of attention even if that is offending people.

The Harte thing is Joe being Joe, saying something controversial so that he is "trending" on social media, there must be an adrenaline hit in it for people wired like Joe.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

McKenna has been outspoken on Dublin and their special treatment.
Brolly brown noses Dublin at any given opportunity.

McKenna was ostracised because he spoke up against Cash Cow Dublin GAA.
Telling the truth and as it is became an offence when it came to losing Adverting and selling papers.
Brolly on the other hand talks with blinkers about the great Dublin Like one would talk about the romance of Man City winning everything - with no mention of the €€€€.

Politically they are poles apart also.

Truthsayer

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 12, 2024, 04:30:21 PMMcKenna has been outspoken on Dublin and their special treatment.
Brolly brown noses Dublin at any given opportunity.

McKenna was ostracised because he spoke up against Cash Cow Dublin GAA.
Telling the truth and as it is became an offence when it came to losing Adverting and selling papers.
Brolly on the other hand talks with blinkers about the great Dublin Like one would talk about the romance of Man City winning everything - with no mention of the €€€€.

Politically they are poles apart also.

McKenna just a nasty piece of work. Dublin don't buy in players, Man City does. Whys their hurlers not doing as well with same money pumped in?
I don't agree with everything Brolly says but he's not wrong about Harte.

Saffrongael

The same old GAA Board problem of people not reading a post, I'm not talking about Brolly & MacKenna having the same position on issues. I am talking about someone who was relatively mainstream (MacKenna) who has been totally ostracised due to his ramblings, ranting and behaviour. I can see the same happening with Brolly
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

I'd say Brolly couldn't care less.

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on April 12, 2024, 04:03:32 PM

Don't know an awful lot about McKenna or his background, but Brolly and him share a similar narcissistic trait, it's all about them and being the centre of attention even if that is offending people.

The Harte thing is Joe being Joe, saying something controversial so that he is "trending" on social media, there must be an adrenaline hit in it for people wired like Joe.

That's exactly  right.  As Oscar Wilde Said , "there's only one thing worse than being talked about , and that's not being talked about".

Brolly  has to be in the  limelight, regardless  of who suffers or who he insults.  He just needs to be centre of attention .  The Mickey Harte thing is just the latest  thing

JoG2

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 12, 2024, 06:16:22 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 12, 2024, 04:03:32 PM

That's exactly  right.  As Oscar Wilde Said , "there's only one thing worse than being talked about , and that's not being talked about".

Brolly  has to be in the  limelight, regardless  of who suffers or who he insults.  He just needs to be centre of attention .  The Mickey Harte thing is just the latest  thing

It's fairly tiresome at this point. I see he will now not let his entrenched hatred towards Mickey Harte stop him attending games. He loves this Derry team now that they're going somewhere, the same group who told him to run on when he tried to enter the Clones changing rooms and bask in their glory after we beat Donegal 2 years ago.

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on April 12, 2024, 06:08:40 PMI'd say Brolly couldn't care less.

He did when he got the boot from RTE