Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: Gold on January 14, 2019, 08:30:03 AM
Great win for St Brigids and Antrim yesterday in ulster u21 at Creggan

Some v classy forwards who can hopefully kick on for our County's sake

St Endas game live on TG4?

Yeah TG4 2pm

Gold

Great. Other than Galls footballers I cant recall any of our football teams being live on TV
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Gold on January 14, 2019, 11:53:06 AM
Great. Other than Galls footballers I cant recall any of our football teams being live on TV
Linfield be on regularly
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Gold on January 14, 2019, 11:53:06 AM

Tommy Murphy final 2008 Antrim 3-12 Wicklow 1-15......

belfastsaff

Made the trip over to Jtown last night to watch the seniors in a friendly v jtown. Jtown weren't far off full strength with McHugh Karl McK lee Brennan mckinless and a few other notable county players all featuring. However after what I seen last night it might be a long year in division 4. This is what I took from the game:

1. A few players are not upto the standard not naming names but a few players from aghagallon and Ballymena.

2. James Smith from St bridgets was excellent chipping in with 1.4/5 from play and that's with playing a tough ulster match yesterday - we will need him this year.

3. Ricky  J needs to be the county full back

4. Paddy Nugent needs to be number 1

5. We are really struggling at midfield and I feel in a few weeks time Chrissy McK and Bradley could dominate us.

6. Despite setting up defensively still leaked goals and let Jtown walk through the defence. I have no issue with setting up defensively however when attacking antrim did not commit enough players to the attack still holding 2/3 spare men in defence.

Take a chance we cant get relegated from division 4!!   

inabsentia

Quote from: belfastsaff on January 15, 2019, 09:08:16 AM
Made the trip over to Jtown last night to watch the seniors in a friendly v jtown. Jtown weren't far off full strength with McHugh Karl McK lee Brennan mckinless and a few other notable county players all featuring. However after what I seen last night it might be a long year in division 4. This is what I took from the game:

1. A few players are not upto the standard not naming names but a few players from aghagallon and Ballymena.

2. James Smith from St bridgets was excellent chipping in with 1.4/5 from play and that's with playing a tough ulster match yesterday - we will need him this year.

5. We are really struggling at midfield and I feel in a few weeks time Chrissy McK and Bradley could dominate us.

6. Despite setting up defensively still leaked goals and let Jtown walk through the defence. I have no issue with setting up defensively however when attacking antrim did not commit enough players to the attack still holding 2/3 spare men in defence.

What was the starting team? Or what sort of strength were we fielding?

paddyjohn

Quote from: belfastsaff on January 15, 2019, 09:08:16 AM

Can't fault your honesty..

Gold

Totally agree. I know we have to defend but jesus who cares if we only score 0-8.

Need to attack in numbers

Few young cracking forwards we need playing like Smith.

Young boy Henvey for Brigids is still in school but scored and involved in all goals the other day. Check the highlights. Need to bring proper forwards through to assist Murray etc

Belfast GAA man

Saw Jose Brolly's son a few years ago and he was a cracker - is he one of the main men in the St Brigids u21 team ?

imtommygunn

He's a sub. Still a few years left at u21 though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 15, 2019, 06:43:57 PM
He's a sub. Still a few years left at u21 though.

Still a minor, very good, smart on the ball and always talking  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Fixtures /CCC meeting last night with clubs proposal some major changes to league and championship structures.
1. Div 1 = SFC , DiV 2 = IFC   DiV 3 = JFC
relegation play offs for losing teams in championship
Losing club relegated.  League football  no bearing on outcome

And / or
Div 2 / 3 winners promoted
Runners up playoff with 2nd bottom team

Proposals to be discussed at next county committee meeting

Gold

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on January 15, 2019, 09:03:08 PM
Fixtures /CCC meeting last night with clubs proposal some major changes to league and championship structures.

And / or

My only thing being that i think the championship winner should get promotion so the following year they are playing a grade up. ie if you win JFC you also get promotion to Div 2, if its the same team that win the league then the next team down gets promotion also.

Points a Good Score

Quote from: themac_23 on January 16, 2019, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: delgany on January 15, 2019, 09:03:08 PM

And / or

My only thing being that i think the championship winner should get promotion so the following year they are playing a grade up. ie if you win JFC you also get promotion to Div 2, if its the same team that win the league then the next team down gets promotion also.

Agree with the promotion option summarised above, they operate a similar system in Tyrone, however the relegation via championship is nonsensical you could hypothetically lose all your league games, get a bye into the quarter final of the championship get beat there and still stay up.