Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearse Blue

Quote from: skeog on November 10, 2019, 03:21:41 PM
RTE making noises about the League final yesterday handbags was all it was.Does the man who sent in the report get paid for it.Hardly think RTE was in Fintona.Irish News be on the case next.
Fionntamhnach telling tales again.. Great weekend/year for Galbally. Next year in D1 will be a polar opposite to last year, that team will be very hard beat in Championship and League. Loch seem to be making big headway in youth grades however the seniors have unfortunately bottled again

toby47

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 11, 2019, 08:47:53 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 11, 2019, 08:24:40 AM
Quote from: skeog on November 10, 2019, 03:21:41 PM
RTE making noises about the League final yesterday handbags was all it was.Does the man who sent in the report get paid for it.Hardly think RTE was in Fintona.Irish News be on the case next.
Fionntamhnach telling tales again.. Great weekend/year for Galbally. Next year in D1 will be a polar opposite to last year, that team will be very hard beat in Championship and League. Loch seem to be making big headway in youth grades however the seniors have unfortunately bottled again

The report on rte.ie is credited to Francis Mooney, a long time freelance sports journalist whom often writes up reports in the Irish News.

Headline from Irish News Website

Brawl mars final clash between Dromore and Errigal Ciaran
Francis Mooney 11 Nov, 2019
THE Tyrone Division One final was marred by a brawl in the closing stages of the clash between Dromore and Errigal Ciaran.

From the video I've seen - How that 'brawl' made a headline in a national newspaper I'll never know.

SG08

Quote from: SG08 on November 12, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
Young Loughmacrory team bottling it in the big games again.
Hope for their own sake they don't get into a habit of it

Said it this time last year. Looks to still be the case

Wee Roddy

In fairness to Mooney he would not have selected the headline. However his style is lazy. In a write up previous to Carrickmore's championship game versus Derrylaughin he has our main players as Johnny Munroe and Daniel Fullerton. Anyone involved in Tyrone football circles knows Johnny is in Australia and Fulleron was U16 last year!

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 11, 2019, 10:08:44 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on November 09, 2019, 04:41:37 PM
We haven't gone away you know!!! Not the title that would have been our first choice but serious bottle shown by our young team to win the league title today, 8th league title since 2003. Added to our U21 Ulster title and Reserve league title it hasn't been a bad year for a team in transition that is supposed to have no future, still the U21 semi final to come too

Think a performance like that was a 2 months too late. Got embarrassed by your noisy neighbours and put on the worst championship performance senior football has probably ever seen.

Getting mauled by your nearest neighbours in front of the whole county who then went on to win the champiohship definitely isnt  a good year im afraid! Also Errigal gave up on the league Cup a long time ago, they only got to the League Cup final because they bate Coalisland reserves in the league Cup semi final, Coalisland only fielded half a team that day after they won the league on their final league game

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 11, 2019, 10:16:05 AM
Anyone see Richie Donnellys statement on twitter the other day regarding there championship exit?
Very noble statement, he is correct. Humble and honest.
I see it has since been deleted, after the replies pointed out that he didn't stand up and take a penalty. Also the foreign sport he speaks of was the same foreign sport he was seeking tickets to a few week prior...   

Pearse Blue

Paul Donaghy transferred to Dungannon?? Any truth to it? Edendork camp must not be the best to be a part of at the minute.. Stupid appeals and losing key player

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 11, 2019, 10:42:30 AM
Paul Donaghy transferred to Dungannon?? Any truth to it? Edendork camp must not be the best to be a part of at the minute.. Stupid appeals and losing key player

Are you not the fella who said that McKenna couldn't and wouldn't be playing for Eglish as he's got a professional contract?

Your reputation here for gossip has taken a bit of a battering.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 11, 2019, 11:05:30 AM

Are you not the fella who said that McKenna couldn't and wouldn't be playing for Eglish as he's got a professional contract?

Incorrect, I said I didn't think he would play but sure how wrong was I..

I'm asking if anyone heard about Donaghy, not saying its true

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 11, 2019, 11:09:38 AM

Coalisland or Dungannon. Highest bidder wins.

Eastie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 11, 2019, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 11, 2019, 11:09:38 AM

Coalisland or Dungannon. Highest bidder wins.

Dungannon doing an I'm a celeb fundraiser to get the deal done

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 11, 2019, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 09, 2019, 05:56:46 PM
I see Conor McKenna got a goal for Eglish today. Any reports on how he was in general play?

Wonder is he still home for the last play off game and if so will he play

I would hazard a guess not

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-10/irish-bomber-stars-in-crucial-gaelic-clash-in-hometown

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 11, 2019, 01:12:50 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on November 11, 2019, 12:29:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 09, 2019, 05:56:46 PM
I see Conor McKenna got a goal for Eglish today. Any reports on how he was in general play?

Wonder is he still home for the last play off game and if so will he play

I would hazard a guess not

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-10/irish-bomber-stars-in-crucial-gaelic-clash-in-hometown

Hence why I said a few weeks ago I didnt think he would play

tyronerebel

Havent been on this thread for a while. how do yous see the playoff games going.
Heres my prediction;
Lough vs Gortin- i fear here for lough i think they are going to down tools and maybe hope to go up with silverware next season, i also hear young mcaleer flying again in training and i dont mean literally as you might think with them size of ears
Owen Roes vs Clougher- im edgeing toward Owen roes as i feel that clougher team is bound to be found out... i seen them against Greencastle and alot of them are very limited footballers dont know how they have done so well in that division.
NTS vs C'town- im going for NTS im affraid for cookstown if they get relagated this season although they will probably make me eat my words and go down and do a Rock.

valley19

Quote from: tyronerebel on November 11, 2019, 02:16:55 PM
Havent been on this thread for a while. how do yous see the playoff games going.
Heres my prediction;
Lough vs Gortin- i fear here for lough i think they are going to down tools and maybe hope to go up with silverware next season, i also hear young mcaleer flying again in training and i dont mean literally as you might think with them size of ears
Owen Roes vs Clougher- im edgeing toward Owen roes as i feel that clougher team is bound to be found out... i seen them against Greencastle and alot of them are very limited footballers dont know how they have done so well in that division.
NTS vs C'town- im going for NTS im affraid for cookstown if they get relagated this season although they will probably make me eat my words and go down and do a Rock.

First of all its Clogher not Clougher...harsh enough statement saying they are going to be found out when they had secured 4th place with a league game still to go.. sounds like abit of jealousy, perhaps an augher man? possibly Eskra?