Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

https://twitter.com/markdevenport/status/939026315562192896/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Flive%2Fuk-politics-42276855

The DUP are hilarious, not only were their aims not achieved in the text but they couldn't help but give their first love the Sinnner a wee mention.
But lying and talking about the Sinners is hardly new

vallankumous

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2017, 07:59:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 07, 2017, 06:49:19 PM
Listening to Gorman all week one would think the DUPUDA were the Government of the North and had about 60% of the population behind them.
Don't think there was a single word with SF, UUP, SDLP or Alliance.

Jesus lad!! Stop mimicking the DUP Ffs!

I've seen this pop up a few times. Must be a recent thing now that the DUP have a UK wide audience. It is petty.

Rossfan

They've been hand in glove for many's a day especially during the Arlene regime of 2016.
So anyway we'll all move on to the new "special relationship between the UK and the EU" and we'll all live happily ever after.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on December 04, 2017, 07:08:22 PM
It's a pause more than a stop. This is the DUP creating the illusion they have some control. In a few days the same deal will be agreed with some such shite added as "northern Ireland is part ok UK blah blah blah..." The DUP are out of road thanks to their own ignorance and stupidity.

As I stated earlier in the week...

johnneycool

Quote from: Rossfan on December 08, 2017, 08:11:23 AM
They've been hand in glove for many's a day especially during the Arlene regime of 2016.
So anyway we'll all move on to the new "special relationship between the UK and the EU" and we'll all live happily ever after.

There's enough in there for Arlene and Co to say they've achieved their goals yet there is provisions for "special status" .

Fantastic political double speak.

Milltown Row2

You really think that the DUP wil be happy with that and feel that they have achieved something?

Nick Cotton will be fuming I'd say on the inside but a brave face while standing at Stormont with Mr Smug
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Is this not the same fudge that wasn't agreed on Monday?

vallankumous

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 08, 2017, 09:12:02 AM
You really think that the DUP wil be happy with that and feel that they have achieved something?

Nick Cotton will be fuming I'd say on the inside but a brave face while standing at Stormont with Mr Smug

It's only an achievement if they can convince their supporters it's an achievement. The DUP do not want Brexit, many of their supporters do not want Brexit.
The only thing the DUP need is a bogey man. The bogey man in Brexit is the Irish Government. Usually it would be SF but SF have no role in Brexit. Then it would be the Prime Minister, but that won't wash this time. After next election Corbyn will be the devil and normality will resume for the DUP. Back to shouting at SF and the Prime Minister while being quite happy with the soft Brexit we will get.

lurganblue

So it's either special status or remain a part of the single market?

Smokin Joe

So for NI exporters...........

If goods can be sent from NI to Dublin without barriers or checks have we any idea whether those same goods can then go on to Germany or France without crossing a border?

So does this mean that NI effectively remains in the EU, despite the wording being used this morning?

DickyRock

I think this is better than Monday. Ensures north/south trade, and West / East. Does specify East / West. So NI could have best of both.

It does mean that NI could have higher regulations that both EU / UK that allows trade into both.

magpie seanie

Personally, i'm scratching my head. It's a load of aspirational nonsense. There's no agreement because there's nothing specific in it. Sadly I feel when it comes to the real dealing on this the political landscape won't be as favourable.

vallankumous

Quote from: DickyRock on December 08, 2017, 09:52:11 AM
I think this is better than Monday. Ensures north/south trade, and West / East. Does specify East / West. So NI could have best of both.

It does mean that NI could have higher regulations that both EU / UK that allows trade into both.

The north will be no different to the rest of the UK.

The EU and the UK will agree on regulation that is aligned, probably along existing custom union lines. The UK will call theirs something else, UK continent export regulation or something (CER).

Monday was a 'false flag operation'. To test the response. It was the response they wanted and the one they helped provoke by sending Varadkar out with special deal for the north. It seems Varadkar didn't know anything about this but the DUP were prepared. As soon as Varadkar called his press conference and the leaked documents came on line, every interested party in the UK were shouting for special status. Now everyone is happy.

Let's hope Corbyn keeps his mouth shut for a few weeks.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/dec/08/brexit-border-eu-theresa-may-juncker-tusk-markets-live

Foster has said she has won six guarantees in the deal but had not won everything she wanted and had "cautioned" the prime minister not to accept the deal.

Informed sources said May had "no choice but to face the DUP down. The stakes were too big not to progress talks. 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 08, 2017, 10:03:09 AM
Personally, i'm scratching my head. It's a load of aspirational nonsense. There's no agreement because there's nothing specific in it. Sadly I feel when it comes to the real dealing on this the political landscape won't be as favourable.

There were never going to be specifics at this stage - that's all Phase 2. Phase 1 was just about setting parameters, and I think we've done well on that front.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."