Favourite Cartoon Series.

Started by moysider, August 20, 2009, 09:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Probably been done before.

Just that my kids seem to enjoy the old ones the best. The stuff I used to watch - still do.

My favs are The Pink Panther[including The Inspector and Ant and Aardvark] and Foghorn Leghorn.

Should I be worried?

Agnes Dipesto

Scooby Doo was my favourite until they introduced Scrappy, he was annoying.

Galwaybhoy

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Batman
Ghostbusters
The Simpsons

All great cartoons back in the day

Billys Boots

I loved the Pink Panther, but hated the in between bits (Ant and Aardvark etc.), though I did like the Inspector.  My kids like his Pinkness too.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Puckoon

Ivecollected most of the loony toons, which I don't think will ever be beaten

my little girl has a soft spot for Mickey mouse and Tom and Jerry.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

turkey+ham

Denn Forever

Tom and Jerry the old ones directed by Fred Quimbey.

There was specific series of Cartoons that had a quite quitrky, lefh of centre feel.  Again directed by a specific director who gave his name to the series. 

What a wonderful thing this Google.  Tex Avery was the guys name.  Check him out.

In book form, Calvin and Hobbs. 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Tyrones own

Tom & Jerry was great alright but for me Foghorn Leghorn was the best of them ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

brokencrossbar1

I always thought that Pink Panther was too gay for my liking.  The in betweeny bits annoyed me too.  I love the naked barbarism of Tom and Jerry.  Roadrunner I loved.  Foghorn was great too, your man Fred from Coronation street as so like him with his repetition of his words :D

I also like Ulysses, Dungeons and Dragons(the Dungeon Master is the spitting image of our old groundsman in Cross), and latter the Animaniacs were class.

5 Sams

The Simpsons would be the Kerry of cartoonland...way ahead of everything else and no chance of anyone catching them. But apart from them my favourites are The Flintstones and Topcat.
The Aristocrat Years

AFS

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles

Captain Planet

The Hurricanes - awesome theme tune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxTw0g8F6Qk

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 20, 2009, 10:57:12 PM
I always thought that Pink Panther was too gay for my liking.  The in betweeny bits annoyed me too.  I love the naked barbarism of Tom and Jerry.  Roadrunner I loved.  Foghorn was great too, your man Fred from Coronation street as so like him with his repetition of his words :D

I also like Ulysses, Dungeons and Dragons(the Dungeon Master is the spitting image of our old groundsman in Cross), and latter the Animaniacs were class.
You were an advanced child.

My fav is Scooby doo  :)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Shamrock Shore

Anyone remember those awful Czechoslovakia ones that RTE used to show in the 70s or early 80s?

Made in the 50s in black and white.

Desperate desperate shite. Made Daithi Lacha look ground-breaking!

Tony Baloney

I liked Ulysses, that Cities of Gold one, Dogtanian and when I was younger Scooby Doo, Yogi Bear and Top Cat!

My eldest is a big fan of Ben 10 and I have to admit to liking it too! Can't really think of many modern cartoons I like apart from it.