Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

On the subject of refs, I believe none of them deliberately get out of bed and decide that today's the day I'm going to get at a team by giving dodgy decisions but to anyone that goes and supports their team it may seem that way, their are a few refs who try their best but are simply not good enough to control certain games, and this is gets me wondering if the assessment procedure is not a total farce, certain refs have got big games and they have been shocking, refs all do the job differently, on duty today we have Aidy Sharvin - competent , gets the job done with little fuss, Paul Faloon- I like his style, no nonsense old style ref who lets the teams get at it, doesn't please everyone as he believes it's a physical game, and lastly Brendan Rice, who is better suited to the ladies game as he can prance about like a prima Donna and doesn't have to carry a watch as the issue of how long a match lasts is taken out of his hands but apart from not being able to tell the time and thinking he has to upstage the two teams he knows the rules and apply them well, so it's the magpies for me and I predict a red card and a few black as well with the linesmen having a real impact on the match outcome.

PTC

Hopefully the officials aren't the talking point when the game finishes, it's a thankless job! Really looking forward to the game

befair

Just watching the rugby world cup at the moment; the respect shown to the ref is amazing. No backchat is permissible, and is severely punished. We need a culture change!!!

RadioGAAGAA

Thing is - with the amount of shite a referee gets - why are folks surprised that there isn't a large pool of great referees to pick from?

I dunno what the answer is - but we need to be careful we don't end up with clubs having to referee halves.
i usse an speelchekor

Dubh driocht

Maurice Moss

Very good coverage from Patsy and co this evening.

Been a fairly open game so far. Good luck to our men in the 2nd half, big effort required. #UTM

Lotto

Quote from: Maurice Moss on September 21, 2019, 07:48:54 PM
Very good coverage from Patsy and co this evening.

Been a fairly open game so far. Good luck to our men in the 2nd half, big effort required. #UTM

Who were those two imbeciles trying to commentate on the game tonight. They were more interested in thanking their cousins or whoever rather than concentrating on the job they were asked to do, that was wild hard to listen to.  Then the thing crashes at the penalty and when it comes back, Kilcoo have scored two goals. What was that all about? The stream was decent but why not sync with the game rather than being so far behind.

Same old Burren - grow a set of balls when the going gets tight. Like the drawn game, your big players went missing when they should have stood up. Serious investment, again, for little return. Big names often come with big reputations and big expenses but not always big results.

stiffler

Was a serious number of balls kicked onto the field the last 5 minutes.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

befair

Great game. Burren really blew it; 4 pts up, in dying minutes, in possession, yet contrived to allow Kilcoo to steal it. I've been critical of Lavery on this forum for other reasons, but he was superb in setting up the penalty and scoring the winner; when the pressure is on you need your top men to show up.
Not sure where this tactic of kicking balls onto the field to hold up play came from, but it's very unsporting, as is lying down at the faintest touch.

terrifictommy

Didn't hear it Lotto, heard them say hello to their grandsons listening and that's all. They done a fairly reasonable job I thought, probably volunteers so if you were expecting the Sunday game panel you'd be left wanting. Why people are so mischievous about those contributing to the game for very little reward.

Thought this game was the opposite of last week. Burren better team but couldn't see it out. Dominated midfield this time as well. Better game, less off the ball and man in yellow done a good job.

PTC

Thought the ref did well let the game go as best he good, kilcoo supporters beside me saying that stevie McDonald kicked balls on to pitch in last years final so they were getting there own back. Laverty stood up again when it mattered most

Last Caress

Quote from: PTC on September 21, 2019, 10:02:05 PM
Thought the ref did well let the game go as best he good, kilcoo supporters beside me saying that stevie McDonald kicked balls on to pitch in last years final so they were getting there own back. Laverty stood up again when it mattered most
I agree ref did well.
I did see that from stevie last year myself.
Well done on the live stream. A Few relatives watched it online. They seemed pleased with it

Targetman

Decent game tonight that Burren looked like winning with relative comfort until the penalty, then Kilcoo kicked on and finished the stronger, like previous posters said Laverty's influence in the last 10 minutes was the difference, anyone know what the row at the corner of the stand was about, gonna need segregation in the future!!

Nanderson

Quote from: Targetman on September 21, 2019, 10:20:40 PM
Decent game tonight that Burren looked like winning with relative comfort until the penalty, then Kilcoo kicked on and finished the stronger, like previous posters said Laverty's influence in the last 10 minutes was the difference, anyone know what the row at the corner of the stand was about, gonna need segregation in the future!!
kids fighting behind the stand or so i believe

Cuan12

Well one things for sure Yewtree , Newry won't be buzzing as Burren are out and your lot will be joining them next round- the joys the joys