Winter 2010/11

Started by Gaaman, October 25, 2010, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Love the cold weather.
Don't know what ye are complaining about anyway,most of ye have nice cosy warm offices or classrooms to go to for work.
I always find it funny where I hear of a place sending the staff home because the heating isn't working,shower of wimps the lot of ye.

Couple of months working as a Ice road trucker then we would see do you still love the cold weather?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maggie

Our caretaker is still walking around in a t-shirt. U might see him in a coat mid december, wish I had his blood.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: maggie on October 25, 2010, 08:27:24 PM
Our caretaker is still walking around in a t-shirt.

So am I.
I do put on a hoodie in the mornings but once I get working I usually just wear a t shirt.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Agnes Dipesto

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
Love the cold weather.
Don't know what ye are complaining about anyway,most of ye have nice cosy warm offices or classrooms to go to for work.
I always find it funny where I hear of a place sending the staff home because the heating isn't working,shower of wimps the lot of ye.

It's ok if you are moving around but not so nice if you are sitting at a desk and it freezing. My workplace is freezing in the mornings but like a furnace come lunch time. Your taking your life in your hands if you dare open a window, the look some of the women give you.

Nally Stand

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2010, 08:29:00 PM

So am I.
I do put on a hoodie in the mornings but once I get working I usually just wear a t shirt.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

So am I.
You know winter is here when you post about how fancy dans in offices are complaining about the cold!

Lenihan will be having a big bonfire soon to keep youse warm down there.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 08:53:20 PM

So am I.

You should see what I can do with a tooth abscess and a stanley knife blade.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2010, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on October 25, 2010, 08:53:20 PM

So am I.

You should see what I can do with a tooth abscess and a stanley knife blade.
A dentist would work out cheaper than a southern electrician!

ballinaman

Middle of spring here and it's 27degrees.....jaysus,it'll soon be betty swollox weather..

Gaaman

11 Degrees this morning. I was better prepared for cold weather with a jumper, soup for first break and a can of de-icer. Sort of disappointed now.

Donkeywalloper

You know winter is 6 weeks away when you see some knob walking about with no jacket on, however a scarf tied in a nice big bow  ( and most likely a Tshirt).

David McKeown

Quote from: Gaaman on October 25, 2010, 12:14:29 PM
Today it was minus 6 at 06:30.

I went out this morning and started the car and cleared the windscreen with luke warm water. Came back out and it had frozen over again.

I always found that cool water was better for the windscreen as it takes longer to freeze over again, the trick though is to make sure its only just warm enough to get rid of the ice and that you get the wipers on it straight away
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Orior

Quote from: Donkeywalloper on October 26, 2010, 10:09:01 AM
You know winter is 6 weeks away when you see some knob walking about with no jacket on, however a scarf tied in a nice big bow  ( and most likely a Tshirt).

LOL
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaaman

Be warned fellas of Ireland. It has been suggested that women tend to look for 'steady' relationships over the winter months. It has something to do with wanting to sit in on the cold nights or something.

Can any ladies on this forum back this claim up?

maggie

sure us ladies are always looking a 'steady relationship' regardless of the season.  ::)