Wireless Connection Problem

Started by Armin Tamzarian, June 12, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armin Tamzarian

hey computer geniuses

i have recently moved my laptop home from my student house where it was set up for torrenting, i.e port forwarding, static ip, etc etc.  The problem now is that I can't get it back to its default where it will just automatically connect to the router in the house.  I know there is nothing wrong with the router at home as my sister's laptop connects perfectly.  All I get is the message saying 'acquiring network address', it fails, and starts again.  I can connect in the meantime via the ethernet cable.

The only settings i changed were, under network connection properties > Internet Protocol, I have checked 'obtain ip address automatically and 'obtain DNS address automatically' but it hasn't worked.

all advice welcome, what a f**king way to spend a friday night, I used to be cool  :( :( :(

laceer

Quote from: Armin Tamzarian on June 12, 2009, 11:20:23 PM
hey computer geniuses

i have recently moved my laptop home from my student house where it was set up for torrenting, i.e port forwarding, static ip, etc etc.  The problem now is that I can't get it back to its default where it will just automatically connect to the router in the house.  I know there is nothing wrong with the router at home as my sister's laptop connects perfectly.  All I get is the message saying 'acquiring network address', it fails, and starts again.  I can connect in the meantime via the ethernet cable.

The only settings i changed were, under network connection properties > Internet Protocol, I have checked 'obtain ip address automatically and 'obtain DNS address automatically' but it hasn't worked.

all advice welcome, what a f**king way to spend a friday night, I used to be cool  :( :( :(

try running the diagnostic log or fault finder on your wireless menu

sometimes the call waiting on your phone can knock it off as well

sitting in on a friday night is a load of balls - Slane next week is keeping me going!!!

Mhic Easmuint

Try setting a static ip for your wireless with the same settings as your ethernet connection only change the ip address to something different e.g. 192.168.1.70

Just to see if it connects.