The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

1st attempt at posting an image...here goes!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u226/GoatsDoShave/Leeds.jpg

...Yeah got it!

If it's any consolation, I hope it's not true!  ::)

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Goats Do Shave

Billys Boots

Goats Do Shave

Billys Boots

Sorry foreigner, it's an oul Dublin set piece whereby I tell you to go impale yourself or something similar.  Beware the wrath of gnarly oul Leeds sympathisers.  :P

Goats Do Shave

I thought you were getting at something like that!

Ach it was funny! - At least they are getting a bit of attention....had to go searching for this thread!!!  ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on February 27, 2007, 05:14:05 PM
Sorry foreigner, it's an oul Dublin set piece whereby I tell you to go impale yourself or something similar.  Beware the wrath of gnarly oul Leeds sympathisers.  :P

I'm with Billy on this one!  ;D

Another loss, by the only goal tonight, and things look as bad as ever. That said, believe it or not, I see a possible escape hatch. The forthcoming fixtures up to the end are;

Saturday, 03 March 2007
Leeds v Sheff Wed, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 10 March 2007
Leeds v Luton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 13 March 2007
Leicester v Leeds, 19:45

Saturday, 17 March 2007
Southend v Leeds, 15:00

Saturday, 31 March 2007
Leeds v Preston, 15:00

Saturday, 07 April 2007
Leeds v Plymouth, 15:00

Monday, 09 April 2007
Colchester v Leeds, 15:00

Saturday, 14 April 2007
Leeds v Burnley, 15:00

Saturday, 21 April 2007
Southampton v Leeds, 15:00

Saturday, 28 April 2007
Leeds v Ipswich, 15:00

Sunday, 06 May 2007
Derby v Leeds, 13:00

Based totally on blind faith, I reckon there is no reason why Leeds can't get something from each of those games - the two games that I see Leeds as totally outsiders would be Southampton and Derby away - and Derby, despite their position, do not convince me, i.e. I can't see them going up!

The fixtures between now and Easter will tell a tale!  :-\

Billys Boots

I'd have thought that they should have a good opportunity to win 3 of the next 4, but morale must be very, very low.

Rufus T Firefly

Even blind faith has it's limits - when, ever, did Leeds lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday?!?   :-[

And to make matters worse, that screwball Dennis Wise appears to be undermined further with each passing day. The man he installed as his captain, Kevin Nicholls, based on his attitude and commitment, has now had enough, and is looking the next flight out - to go to that top outfit - Luton Town!   >:(

I know I shouldn't say it, but can it get any lower? 

Horatio Kane

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 05, 2007, 11:17:27 PM
Even blind faith has it's limits - when, ever, did Leeds lose at home to Sheffield Wednesday?!?   :-[

And to make matters worse, that screwball Dennis Wise appears to be undermined further with each passing day. The man he installed as his captain, Kevin Nicholls, based on his attitude and commitment, has now had enough, and is looking the next flight out - to go to that top outfit - Luton Town!   >:(

Wise could always sign JP Donnelly! ;)

Mayo4Sam

Nicholls is a disgrace, really hope leeds stay up but losing by a single goal in the last 3 games is the form of relegation
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Billys Boots

There are too many disgraces in place I'm afraid - the best result may be the humiliation of relegation, a clean sweep of the numerous skeletons and start from scratch.  I'm not sure staying up with the current hierarchy is (or would be) a good result.

Ryano

I was over at the weekend and yet again can only marvel at the Leeds support. 26,000 turned up to watch yet another defeat. Started fairly well and we were pressuring them and then bang. Our defence went awol and they were 1-0 up with an easy headed goal which looped over stack. This seemed to really spur us on and with the fans singing their hearts out we went all out. The Wednesday keeper pulled of save after save and then bang again! Richardson (i think) was given a nice pass out to the wing. He tried to beat his man, lost the ball and Stack was chipped from 30 odd yards. Hate to say it but the goal was taken really well. Fans not happy at this stage obviously. I was behind the dugouts and several around me stood up and started shouting abuse back at Bates in the directors box behind me. Bates by the way is being sued about an article he had in the match day programme about another club director (Levi). Some wrangle about buying out the club or something. Bates put yer mans address in the programme and asked fans to write to him!! Anyway 2nd half starts Wednesday down to 10 men and we push forward big time looking for a goal and yet again bang. Classic counter attack and a 3rd well taken goal. Game over, Wednesday fans giving us dogs abuse and yet the Leeds kop end kept singing. Two late goals just made it look respectable there was no hope of ever getting anything out of this one. Our defense or the lack thereof is our major problem. You would be annoyed if you seen a kids team doing the things they were. A big clean out needed of all the dead wood and someone to invest money in new players. We just dont have them at the moment.

Having watched us there is no way that i can see us avoiding the drop. Division one football awaits for the first time in our history. An absolute disgrace that a club like this has been allowed to slide so far and my fear is that we will become another Notts Forest (remember them??) Seems a lifetime ago we were playing in a European cup semi final......

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Horatio Kane on March 06, 2007, 11:15:41 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 05, 2007, 11:17:27 PM

Wise could always sign JP Donnelly! ;)

Don't go there!   ;D

Billys Boots Wrote

QuoteI'm not sure staying up with the current hierarchy is (or would be) a good result.

Have to say Bill, I've thought that from before Christmas - a fall into the old 3rd Division would make Leeds an ideal investment for someone with a lot of spare tank - of course, it could go the other way too!   :-\