Tyrone v Offaly

Started by tyroneman, June 18, 2013, 06:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 20, 2013, 02:54:57 PM
I was bored and was trying to remember who was the subs in the 2008 final when I found this
http://kerrygaa.proboards.com/thread/1315

Sh*tstirring again !! lol

ONeill

For the Awfully lads - if a lock of lads were to stay somewhere overnight (middle-aged, respectable, no women, not gay, like stout and after hours whiskey) where would we be thinking of?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

everymanaman

Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2013, 10:23:06 PM
For the Awfully lads - if a lock of lads were to stay somewhere overnight (middle-aged, respectable, no women, not gay, like stout and after hours whiskey) where would we be thinking of?
Cavan?

ONeill

Ah class. Thanks for that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mick999

is the date / time confirmed for this game yet ?

Fuzzman

AZOffaly

There's a couple of decent hotels. The Tullamore Court is up at the top of the town on the Portlaoise side, and is a nice hotel, but the iconic hotel for Tullamore is the Bridge House which is right in the centre of the town. It's been done up in the last few years and is supposed to be nice (I obviously wouldn't overnight in Tullamore much). The pub in the Bridge House is usually lively enough at the weekend, but even if not you are very close to the other pubs in the town. The Brewery Tap is decent enough for lively, and you might run into a certain ex-Taoiseach in there. Of course Tullamore is home to Tullamore Dew, so whiskey should be no problem :) There's also a fair few small pubs along the main street but some of the other lads might give you a better steer on some of them. It's been a while since my years of being out gallivanting in Tullamore.

AZOffaly

redcard

3pm Saturday Tyrone V Offaly

orangeman

D >:(
Quote from: redcard on June 23, 2013, 12:52:05 AM
3pm Saturday Tyrone V Offaly

With David Coldrick refffing Tyrone will have it all to do.

There's a record to keep up.

sam03/05

Is the game on TV at all?

Offalylad

Tyrone to win this easily.

A few people expecting Offaly to push them all the way and I might agree were it not for a couple of reasons.  Anton Sullivan is out for the year with a shoulder injury. Brian Connor has gone to America for the summer.  In my mind, that's two of our top three players gone. There are other panel members gone to america but their loss wouldn't be felt as strongly.

I know Tyrone have their own problems but they have a stronger squad than Offaly and are better equipped to handle such losses. The Offaly lads will give it a good rattle but I'd expect Tyrone to take it by around 8-10 points.

God14

Kyle Coney extremely doubtful for Saturday, with SON also struggling the Tyrone forward line will be significantly understrength.

Of those who saw game time v Donegal I make it 7 men will likely be unavailable for Saturday (Carlin, Morgan, Joe McMahon, Justin McMahon, SON, Quinn & Coney)
It'll be a good test of the squad this on Saturday. It'll also be a good test for the management, how they can juggle the resources.

Potential banana-skin?

Bord na Mona man

An after match pub crawl could start in Eugene's which is just over the canal bridge on the way back in to town.
It can be busy straight after a match so you could skip onwards to O'Connor's. Digan's is closed unfortunately (I think) so there's the Wolftrap further down the main boulevard. I'd then recommend a left turn onto Harbour Street to visit a couple of more boutique bars like Annie Kelly's that will bring you into Market Square on the right.
Through the other side of Market Square is Church street and go right here back towards the main strip and visit Gallagher's Manor. You could then head left again towards Bridge Street for the places to finish the night. Or if it's still early go straight the crossroads and on towards Bob Smyth's half way down Patrick's Street.

Back over on Bridge street, you'll have The Brewery Tap for celebrity spotting and then the Bridge House for the night club.
Those are mostly the landmark bars, if you spot anything in between, by all means pop in and try. I can't take responsibility for the up to dateness of these suggestions and I've no idea  what places are the considered the gay/wifeswapping bars in the town.

The last time Tyrone ended up in the Bridge House.
http://entertainment.ie/photos/Tiffany-Stanley-Alan-Halsall-and-Kayla-Collins-at-Palace-Nightclub/1313.htm#!img=0

A few other opinions. http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5541

Fuzzman

I'd wonder will many come down for this match? I think the days of a big Tyrone following have gone and only the real true fans follow the team now around the country.

With so many injuries and a poor turnout for the Donegal game, I'd say expectations have been dampened a lot since the league.