NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2012, 09:37:04 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 12, 2012, 05:05:17 PM
Another huge win with so many players missing. Our injury jinx continues Kenny,O'Gara & Shine all had to go off (thankfully I'm hearing injuries are not serious) both teams played a defensive style TBH it wasn't pretty but all that matters this time of year is grinding out results.

Offaly penalty came against the run of play & the foul seemed to take place outside the box? but our lads like last weekend showed great character to get over the line! as i already said 4pts from 4 delighted with that but the performance levels will have to improve after the break.

Our scorers Conor Devaney 0-4,Murtagh 0-2,Scally0-2,Cafferky 0-1,Heneghan 0-1 Compton 0-1 Purcell 0-1

The one really good thing so far has been how dispersed our scorers have been, we're starting to move on from the days were Donie or Senan had to carry the entire load.

Devanney's easily been one of our most impressive players so far, he's looking fast and sharp with and without the ball.

And we needed to move on from that time. Conor Devaney's talent has always been there, one of the stars of the 2006 minor team & who could forget his display v Mayo in the U-21 championship a few years ago. After taking a year out he came back more focused & now it seems he's finally finding his consistent level for the seniors.

P.S when i seen that Benny's post about Walsh "Great manager" my first thought was jaysus wait till SLIGONIAN reads that.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Benny Sweeney

Kevin Walsh is a top class manager, no doubt about it. Armchair pundits like sligoman should pay heed to the commitment it takes to manage an intercounty team. Sligo have done well with them. He has them promoted to a division above their traditional standing and deserves all the plaudits he can get.

Syferus

This is verging on trolling. Impossible to tell if he's serious or not at this point.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 12, 2012, 10:56:42 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 12, 2012, 10:44:00 PM
Kevin Walsh is a top class manager, no doubt about it. Armchair pundits like sligoman should pay heed to the commitment it takes to manage an intercounty team. Sligo have done well with them. He has them promoted to a division above their traditional standing and deserves all the plaudits he can get.
Are you Kevin Walsh or a relation? :D some logic there btw :D Division 4 is where we belong, and we are bold boys for thinking above that.. :D

No am not Kevin Walsh or any relation. Yes I think Sligo is playing above themselves, Kevin Walsh is to thank for that and from players from outside of the county like Alan Costelloe who is from mayo i think.

Benny Sweeney

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2012, 10:57:38 PM
This is verging on trolling. Impossible to tell if he's serious or not at this point.

Not on mybehalf. i think Kevin walsh is a brilliant manager to have sligo where they are today. what is wrong with thta?

Offalylad

Offaly vs Ros was absolutely painful viewing, standard was atrocious.

Syferus

Quote from: Offalylad on February 12, 2012, 11:34:55 PM

We'd lost 4/7 of our first choice forwards in this match alone, nevermind the fact half of last year's starting forwards weren't even available going in. We played to our strengths. Offaly kicked too much aimless ball and bad shots that we never really needed to open up because we were dealing with Offaly's own version of the Donegal defensive system more than well enough to win. Whatever about standards, we've eiked out two big wins to start a campaign where we've been missing over half of our starters. I'm plenty impressed by our team's spirit and standard overall this year.

rossie mad

Good result today.Actually disagree with some views here saying not as good a performance as last week.I actually think the second half performance was better than last week in terms of dominance and use of the ball.Very impressed with our midfield and defensive system which choked offaly attacks in the second half.Devanney was class today and is a certain to start come championship.Our style of play of playing long early ball to isolated forward line with acres of space is working very well.Very impressed that we are going into the depths of the squad with so many injuries and the lads drafted in are playing well.Sign of a squad thats confident and happy.
Nial Daly is looking like a class act and seems to be making no 6 jersey his own.
My own opinion on the opposition was they were very poor.Lacked quality in the forwards .
Is a shame as its a great GAA county but seem to be at a low point at the moment.

Excellant venue and top class facilities it actually is a credit to the GAA family in the county.Its great to relax and enjoy a match in a venue like that

Rossfan

Agree with you Rossiemad - an excellent venue .
Great result for us and a decent show esp the last 15 - 20 mins as we overcame so many hammerblows and still won with a large number of novices.
Pity we hadnt got more early low ball to Conor Dev as he was on a roll yesterday. Also if there was more support up quicker for him... but then again it's February and with higher fitness levels later in the year that will come.
We were missing Niall Carty ,Peter Domican, Donal Ward, Karl Mannion, Senan Kilbride , Cathal Cregg, Senan O'Grady, Cathal Dineen, Darren McDermott and John Rogers and lost Enda Kenny and David O'Gara in the first 10 minutes yesterday. Then Donie went off in the early stages of the second half.
To win with that many players out was a good day no matter how poor the opposition.

I presume Sligo and Wexford don't use blanket defences  or any defence?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2012, 11:15:45 AM
Great result for us and a decent show esp the last 15 - 20 mins as we overcame so many hammerblows and still won with a large number of novices.
Pity we hadnt got more early low ball to Conor Dev as he was on a roll yesterday. Also if there was more support up quicker for him... but then again it's February and with higher fitness levels later in the year that will come.
We were missing Niall Carty ,Peter Domican, Donal Ward, Karl Mannion, Senan Kilbride , Cathal Cregg, Senan O'Grady, Cathal Dineen, Darren McDermott and John Rogers and lost Enda Kenny and David O'Gara in the first 10 minutes yesterday. Then Donie went off in the early stages of the second half.
To win with that many players out was a good day no matter how poor the opposition.

Jesus, that's some amount of players out injured, or are there other reasons for some of them?
Is the training too severe, leaving them vulnerable to picking up injuries?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Domo, Mannion and Senan K are prioritising club duty with St Brigids.
Carty/Cregg/O'Grady/Ward have been out for a while.
McDermott got creeled by a Tipp man last Sunday.
Rogers was named yesterday but didnt start while 3 picked up injuries during the game yesterday.
All kinds of everything I suppose.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Offalylad

Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2012, 12:30:32 AM

We'd lost 4/7 of our first choice forwards in this match alone, nevermind the fact half of last year's starting forwards weren't even available going in. We played to our strengths. Offaly kicked too much aimless ball and bad shots that we never really needed to open up because we were dealing with Offaly's own version of the Donegal defensive system more than well enough to win. Whatever about standards, we've eiked out two big wins to start a campaign where we've been missing over half of our starters. I'm plenty impressed by our team's spirit and standard overall this year.

I don't know if you're blind or biased but if there was anyone employing a defensive system it was Roscommon, they were the ones who brought men back. The Rossies behind me were bemoaning it for the entire second half or at least the last 15 minutes. You had about 12 men in your own half, and Offaly were just so awful that they never looked like doing anything.

ross4life

Quote from: Tubberman on February 13, 2012, 11:23:44 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 13, 2012, 11:15:45 AM

Jesus, that's some amount of players out injured, or are there other reasons for some of them?
Is the training too severe, leaving them vulnerable to picking up injuries?
Rosfan don't forget Cathal Shine out injured for almost a year now plus Kilroy,Donie Smith whom picked up injuries playing for there colleges. Compton came back yesterday after three weeks out.

Tubberman where not getting much luck with injuries but i suppose if they clear up for the championship that's all that matters.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: Offalylad on February 13, 2012, 02:57:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2012, 12:30:32 AM

I don't know if you're blind or biased but if there was anyone employing a defensive system it was Roscommon, they were the ones who brought men back. The Rossies behind me were bemoaning it for the entire second half or at least the last 15 minutes. You had about 12 men in your own half, and Offaly were just so awful that they never looked like doing anything.

Offaly were at minimum as defensive as Roscommon and they had less reason for it - fewer injuries and continually trailing. The difference was our tactics made sense whereas Offaly's made little.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on February 12, 2012, 10:57:38 PM

Well Dublin didn't take 25000 to Castlebar. :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.