NFL Division 3 2012

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

With the Rossies chit chat on here and fergal o donnells ridiculous judgement of sligo players for connacht, maybe the rossies arent cuter than us after all that the 2010 final suggests, cuter than a certain galwayman yes but not us Sligomen ;).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 20, 2012, 05:09:35 PM
With the Rossies chit chat on here and fergal o donnells ridiculous judgement of sligo players for connacht, maybe the rossies arent cuter than us after all that the 2010 final suggests, cuter than a certain galwayman yes but not us Sligomen ;).

Adrian Marren showed none of his 3-5 form yesterday? Some strange selections by Fergal including picking our own Purcell at full back? but i guess with so many missing he didn't have much choice. If we get over Galway in May we hope to out smart that Galwayman again in June :P
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on February 20, 2012, 07:02:05 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 20, 2012, 05:09:35 PM

Adrian Marren showed none of his 3-5 form yesterday? Some strange selections by Fergal including picking our own Purcell at full back? but i guess with so many missing he didn't have much choice. If we get over Galway in May we hope to out smart that Galwayman again in June :P
Not if NY get there first, my granny could outsmart that galwayman cue benny sweeneys reappearance. :D

Syferus

But sure if he picked himself in the middle Sligo'd be unstoppable...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Syferus on February 20, 2012, 10:57:06 PM
But sure if he picked himself in the middle Sligo'd be unstoppable...
He was awesome in his day but you'd think our midfield would be class with a man of his experience having played there wouldnt ya, like 4 yrs and its been a problem area.

Look the be all and end all is i just cant forgive walsh for 2010 compounded by 2011 unless we win connacht this yr, that is of course all we be forgiven then ;), simples. Im am buzzing this yr about Sligo football for other reasons though.

Rossfan

With our interest in the Club championship over for this year and the silly diversions of sigersons and Railways out of the way  - the real world resumes this coming weekend.
We're making the short trip to Pearse Park to take on the Larries and it's about time we bet them following a draw and a defeat last season.
Don't know if any Beidgets lads will be back and I'm hoping some of our injured might be ready. This will be a good one to win but at least with 4 points under the belts it's not the end of the world if we slip up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 28, 2012, 08:11:42 PM
With our interest in the Club championship over for this year and the silly diversions of sigersons and Railways out of the way  - the real world resumes this coming weekend.
We're making the short trip to Pearse Park to take on the Larries and it's about time we bet them following a draw and a defeat last season.
Don't know if any Beidgets lads will be back and I'm hoping some of our injured might be ready. This will be a good one to win but at least with 4 points under the belts it's not the end of the world if we slip up.

Newton said as much as the Brigids lads will be playing in the Hearld today. He also said only Enda Kenny was seriously injured versus Offaly (a broken bone in his hand, Rodgers is unlikely to play but that it's an outside possibility tells you he's got nothing particularly serious) and that Cathal Shine is back training with the team, something that should excite any Roscommon fan.

ross4life

Yep big local derby this Sunday must be the first time in a long time that Longford are favorites & tbh  they deserve to be e.g more impressive in the opening 2 games plus home advantage.

Hard to know our team but sounds like the St. Brigids lads will be used as impact subs? good to have Cregg back & Cathal Shine back in training (we'll need him for the U-21 game in a few weeks) Is Brian kavanagh back for longford?

Should be decent crowd in Pearse stadium if i was offered a draw now i would take it but a win for either side would put them in promising position.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on February 29, 2012, 02:05:41 PM
Yep big local derby this Sunday must be the first time in a long time that Longford are favorites & tbh  they deserve to be e.g more impressive in the opening 2 games plus home advantage.

Hard to know our team but sounds like the St. Brigids lads will be used as impact subs? good to have Cregg back & Cathal Shine back in training (we'll need him for the U-21 game in a few weeks) Is Brian kavanagh back for longford?

Should be decent crowd in Pearse stadium if i was offered a draw now i would take it but a win for either side would put them in promising position.

I see no reason not to start both Senan and Ian Kilbride from the start, honestly. Ian's in great form and Senan is probably the very best forward in the entire province. If they're fit and want to play, they should start. Mannion would be a huge help in the middle - our real trouble spot so far in the league - if he finds form. The reports didn't seem to make mention of Domincan so I don't know about his availability for the Longford game.

What will our forward-line look like?

Kennan   Cregg   Shine

Devanney  Kilbride  Heneghan ?

I'd prefer Kilbride over Shine to be in the half-forwards. Shine didn't look all that comfortable against Tipp there, but that had everything to do with his recent troubles under high balls. O'Gara might be a dark horse at 11/13 but I'd doubt if Newton wants to through him in at the deep end just yet.

Whatever our line-up ends up being we'll have a very good set of forwards on the field.

ross4life

We'll have some good forward options for Sunday alright & with the U-21 championship around the corner i would like to see C.Shine,Compton,D.Smith get a few minutes in the next few games. Longford have plenty of forward power themselves McCormack,Barden's & Kavanagh (if fit)so our defenders will be on their toes & it looks like three of our best defenders will be missing on Sunday.

Rossfan

So it'll be a high scoring one Sunday ?
However I think the weather will be wet , cold and windy which won't help.
I expect defence will be as last day , not sure of forwards but expect Keenan, Dev, Donie( if he can ) , Heneghan to be there anyway.
Senan and Mango to come on as subs I suspect.
Would be nice if D.Smith ,Compton , C Shine and Kilroy were available for subs roles but from what I hear only Compton is ready yet.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Keane

Quote from: ross4life on March 01, 2012, 02:14:36 PM
We'll have some good forward options for Sunday alright & with the U-21 championship around the corner i would like to see C.Shine,Compton,D.Smith get a few minutes in the next few games. Longford have plenty of forward power themselves McCormack,Barden's & Kavanagh (if fit)so our defenders will be on their toes & it looks like three of our best defenders will be missing on Sunday.

Who is missing?

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on March 01, 2012, 03:39:43 PM
Wexford Sligo Longford Tipperary Offaly Antrim Cavan
Yeah speak up the silence is deafening.

ross4life

Quote from: Keane on March 01, 2012, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 01, 2012, 02:14:36 PM

Who is missing?
Donal Ward,Peter Domican,Niall Carty.

rrhf

Hows the world looking from down here lads.