Laois Junior Football Championship

Started by SCFC, July 21, 2015, 12:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Helix on September 02, 2015, 09:48:53 PM
The Heath beat Rosenallis 1.11 to 7 points tonight. Down 5.3 at HT. Good win hopefully push on and finish the job.

Saw most of it. Heath are strong for a second team. But has to be said that Rosenallis were woeful. Very poor skill levels from them. It's hard trying to be decent at both hurling and football.

Barrowhouse had a big win tonight in another quarter final. Good to see them going well.

Park/Ratheniska must be favourites though.

Helix

With Park in the Intermediate hurling semi final also it will be hard for them to do a double. Can't see it happening anyways.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Semi final draw;

Park v B'house
Heath v Joes or O'D's

From the Terrace

barrowhouse to beat the heath in final.. park isnt far off either,  but for the fact there going well in the hurling think they'll take there eye off the football.

Unlaoised

Barrowhouse will win this now...They are by far the best team left and the Heath will loose one or more players before the final!
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Winners of the Barrowhouse v P/R semi final are guaranteed a place in Leinster Junior Club now.
I think Park's intermediate experience will edge that game.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

Joes and O'D's drew the other night in the last quarter final.
Kinda surprised at that, thought Joes would be stronger after O'D's lost a good few to the seniors.
Think The Heath will beat the winners anyway.
First semi between Park and Barrowhouse tomorrow. Could be a good game, Barrowhouse are supposed to be going well under John Larkin. Park are trying to juggle hurling and football but have some very good players and might edge it.

Helix

Heath 2.12
O dempseys 0.03

It was 1.7 to 3 points at ht.
Should be a great final!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Congrats to Barrowhouse who won tonight 12 pts to 6.
Brutal first half, 2 pts apiece. But Barrowhouse dominated the second half and deserved it. Great display by county minor Daly.

Helix

Well done to Barrowhouse disappointing end of year for the heath. Always hard to watch on the field the opposition lifting the trophy. Young brian daly played really well I'd say they'll push on and stay intermediate for few years to come.
First title in 41 odd years is great going, a club on the up and facilities out there improving significantly. Hopefully they can give a good account of themselves in Leinster.

Saint75

It's not 41 yrs since Barrowhouse won a title.
Were they not senior in the 1990s? Maybe I'm wrong.

Helix

You're correct sorry i read comment on Laois Twitter page

Unlaoised

I predicted they would win it after seeing them beat Stradbally in the quaters and I was proved right.

Some fine footballers in Daly,the malones and the baldwin twins.

Not sure why they all wear white ankle socks instead of traditional O'Neills black football socks...

Must be a trend down that part seen a lot of the Killeshin lads at it as well....

#coolkids

Best of luck in Leinster lads!
LAOIS ABÚ