Started by Lecale2, February 22, 2008, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

tyrone86

stephenite

Fishbat

Quote from: stephenite on April 11, 2008, 01:01:39 AM
What is BOGOF?

Think its Buy One Get One Free - for ye southerners.....should be BWGWF for the Northerners

Square Ball

Quote from: Fishbat on April 11, 2008, 01:25:32 AM
Quote from: stephenite on April 11, 2008, 01:01:39 AM
What is BOGOF?

Think its Buy One Get One Free - for ye southerners.....should be BWGWF for the Northerners

Nah, its those Derry wans only Fishbat
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Watcher Pat

My local is still £2.40 a pint. If you buy a loyalty card for a fiver every time you buy a pint you get 15p credit on your card..

A bit like a tesco club card..It's quite a good idea as people have to produce I.D before they get the card and most of the customers have one.The credit on your card comes in very handy if you let it build up. You can have 2 or 3 good days out a year all paid for by the bar.....Even better when you go out with 3-4 mates who all forgot their cards......lots and lots of points! ;D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

bingobus

This may surprise you's but I couldn't tell you the price of a pint, vodka, coke, bottle, etc in any of my locals.

Its prob due to lack of buying them and when I do it would generally be in a round of 5/6 people or just put a note down on counter for evening and buy out of it.

A right change from about 4 years ago when I was probably working in at least 1 bar every weekend and almost bought my local with a friend.

Bensars

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on April 11, 2008, 01:08:12 PM
My local is still £2.40 a pint. If you buy a loyalty card for a fiver every time you buy a pint you get 15p credit on your card..

A bit like a tesco club card..It's quite a good idea as people have to produce I.D before they get the card and most of the customers have one.The credit on your card comes in very handy if you let it build up. You can have 2 or 3 good days out a year all paid for by the bar.....Even better when you go out with 3-4 mates who all forgot their cards......lots and lots of points! ;D

You buy a loyalty card for £5   then get  15p credit on your card with each pint.

The Bar owner must have seen you coming ;D

Based on the fact that you have already spent £5 on the initial card and the price of the pint being £2.40 you would have to drink 50 pints before you get one free !   

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Bensars on April 11, 2008, 02:48:42 PM

You buy a loyalty card for £5   then get  15p credit on your card with each pint.

Based on the fact that you have already spent £5 on the initial card and the price of the pint being £2.40 you would have to drink 50 pints before you get one free !   

Yeh he seen me compin alright..on Boxing day when i had £60 quid credit on my card and a free day out.....oh and its only 33 pints you have to drink to break even.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

bingobus

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on April 11, 2008, 03:38:46 PM
Quote from: Bensars on April 11, 2008, 02:48:42 PM

Yeh he seen me compin alright..on Boxing day when i had £60 quid credit on my card and a free day out.....oh and its only 33 pints you have to drink to break even.....

You drank/bought 400 pints!! Ring the AA, the man is broken down  ;D  ;)

Rois

I walk past Bar Bacca on the way to and from work - never a sinner about the place.

Irene & Nans turned awful spidey in the last year or so.

Bid a fond farewell to the Beach Club and the Advocate too, in their current form at least.

Brick Tamlin

frequented Irene & Nans alot of fridays after work, used to get a huge crowd for promo between 5-7 what with workers all packed in but nowadays its nowhere near as busy on a friday afternoon. Nice spot for friday pint though, hope it survives in some shape or form.

take_yer_points

I heard the Potthouse is involved in this as well? Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

kinghen

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 06, 2009, 08:55:08 AM
I heard the Potthouse is involved in this as well? Anyone know if there's any truth in that?

yea its owned by the same group, think its maybe the potthouse bar and grill that is closing tho, not sure about the nightclub end.

Archie Mitchell

Jobs threat as PBR faces administration

By Gary McDonald Business Editor
06/08/09
Scores of jobs at a clutch of Belfast's best-known bars and night-spots could be under threat after their parent company called in the administrators yesterday.

Premium Bars and Restaurants (PBR), burdened by £40 million of debt, moved immediately to shut three of its 48 British and Irish outlets, including the Advocate Bar in Chichester Street, which employed three full-time staff.

And while its other Belfast establishments – including the Pothouse in the Cathedral Quarter, Bambu Beach Club at the Odyssey, Irene & Nan's and Bar Bacca – will continue to trade as going concerns, there were fears last night that some staff there could also be axed.

In February The Irish News revealed the depth of the problem at the chain after shares were suspended when the company failed to file audited results.

In less than 18 months PBR's value has plummeted from £75 million to below £1 million.

It had sought to source fresh capital from investors and banks and had been in protracted talks with Royal Bank of Scotland to renew its banking facilities, but they broke down.

Premium, headquartered in Cheshire, employs 1,800 staff across its operations, which includes the Living Room chain in Manchester, a popular haunt for the city's millionaire footballers.

In a statement administrator BDO Stoy Hayward said it was shutting three PBR outlets with the loss of 77 jobs.

As well as the Advocate in Belfast (formerly known as Rumpoles) losing three staff, 51 jobs are going at Sea in Glasgow and another 23 at Rewind in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

Administrators say they will seek to trade all of the remaining outlets while they work to secure a sale of the business. All retained staff will be paid any arrears of wages due to them.

"All the names in the Premium Bars and Restaurants portfolio are well-known and continue to attract loyalty from customers," Dermot Power, business restructuring partner at BDO Stoy Hayward, said.

"But the sharp economic downturn has impacted on the usually high disposable income of the group's target market.

"We are currently in discussions with several interested parties and are confident of securing a sale of the business."