what is a good xmas pressie for a girlfriend??

Started by kinghen, November 26, 2008, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Quote from: kinghen on November 27, 2008, 09:46:39 AM
Quote from: Pangurban on November 26, 2008, 10:46:32 PM
After 6 yrs im sure an engagement ring would go down well

don't think i'd get one for £200!!!

na were not goin 6years, our naill is just trying to stir it up a bit, only really goin just over a year, before that we only went wi each other every coupkle of months!!

so far I've come up with getting her a nice pair of shoes (surely girls love shoes), nice pair of jeans, and some sort of top, i've enlisted the help of some girls that are gonna aid me in the shopping.

then i think i'll have to get something a bit more personal something small but more meaningful, what do ya think girls??

ps our naill, what you getting your woman?? you have plenty of expeereeeince now, prob just recycle the gift idea for each new girlfriend!!

are you mental?.......... do not get her shoes! girls have a very particular taste in shoes more so than any other item of clothing!
and its a bad omen .... you never buy anyone shoes as a present... its ok to buy them as part of the general need of clothing but not as a present!

girls...like myself, at the moment are trying to find Christmas outfits which can be quite stressful and need a few different outfits over the festive season.. if i were you i would say to her casually .. "if you've seen an outfit that you like... i'd like to pay to it" ... she should be chuffed and you haven't committed yourself to a shopping trip. she can pick something she likes, and then get her something dinky like perfume or something to open Christmas day! thats if you decide to get her clothes.

personally i like the idea of maybe going to london for the night to see a show... not only do you have a present but also quality time together!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maggie

You could go for the cheese-fest approach and get her an i-pod nano(in her fav colour) and then engrave something suitably heartfelt on the back.
Then for some extra brownie points you could save her fav songs/songs that mean something to you both and with the rest of the cash either buy a swanky docking station or

that still leaves you with £100 to play with-maybe a selection of lil stocking filler pressies- the mama mia dvd/La Senza pjs/perfume/benefit makeup etc.

Myself personally-it would have to be Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf-thee nicest perfume around. But its about £60 quid a bottle.
As for receiving clothes, im more a pradamark kinda girl so wouldnt really appreciate £200 on one outfit.....

leenie

man/boys of the board

does your girlfriends, wives or mistresses expect al ot of money to be spent on them?

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: leenie on November 27, 2008, 03:02:54 PM
are you mental?.......... do not get her shoes! girls have a very particular taste in shoes more so than any other item of clothing!
and its a bad omen .... you never buy anyone shoes as a present... its ok to buy them as part of the general need of clothing but not as a present!

I have heard of this bullsh1t, as well as dont buy a watch for them
Load of nonsense IMHO

SidelineKick

Aye only heard about that watch thing myself the other day.  Balls to that.

Reported.

Minder

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 27, 2008, 03:49:05 PM

I bought mine a watch the other day for her 30th, she picked it. Easiest way.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SidelineKick

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2008, 03:51:09 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 27, 2008, 03:49:05 PM

I bought mine a watch the other day for her 30th, she picked it. Easiest way.

And GHDs as well Minder? She's a lucky woman!

Reported.

The Real Laoislad

Give them some cash and let them buy what they want themselves
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

kinghen

Quote from: leenie on November 27, 2008, 03:33:56 PM
man/boys of the board

does your girlfriends, wives or mistresses expect al ot of money to be spent on them?

my dad always told me to:

GIVE AND FORGET
RECEIVE AND REMEMBER

(ps this is not in the homosexual manner rofl)

i dont think 200 quid is too much anyway, way i look at is, I wouldnt feel bad spending it on myself, so why not spend it on someone else

leenie

sometimes subconsciously  presents can be a substitute for affection!!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: kinghen on November 27, 2008, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: leenie on November 27, 2008, 03:33:56 PM
man/boys of the board

my dad always told me to:

GIVE AND FORGET
RECEIVE AND REMEMBER

(ps this is not in the homosexual manner rofl)

i dont think 200 quid is too much anyway, way i look at is, I wouldnt feel bad spending it on myself, so why not spend it on someone else

What does this mean??

SidelineKick

In terms if the forced gay sex it should probably be:

GIVE AND FORGET,
RECEIVE AND FORGET.

(Though the 2nd one would be quite hard if you weren't fit to sit down for a week)

Reported.