Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Quote from: rrhf on October 08, 2008, 09:25:19 PM
from wikipedia
Armagh known as the orchard county is filled with fruits from the North to the South.  The county is one of only 3 in Ulster who have won the All ireland Championship once and there have been calls for a special award from the Queen to mark their ongoing successes in Ulster.  The geographical terrain can be hilly and windy and indeed the Armagh landmass has often been described as a samlocked county due to the success of their neighbouring counties. 

Good one :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fuzzman

I'm on DART on the way home from a few pints from new work colleagues.

Or at least I thought I was.
Am I more drunk that I thought I am or is this just sleep deprivation from the young cub and his teethin.

Please tell me we really got Antrim in the 1st round with Cavan or Louth waiting in long grass in the Qualifiers.

Shit. Missed my stop

gerry

Your right Kerry Mike its on the 3rd page already, they will be some sh@t posted on here in the next few months
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

cornafean

This game should be played in Croke Park - better still play it and Down v Fermanagh as a Croker double bill and launch the Championship with a bang!
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

orangeman

Quote from: cornafean on October 08, 2008, 09:48:17 PM
This game should be played in Croke Park - better still play it and Down v Fermanagh as a Croker double bill and launch the Championship with a bang!

I'm sure the GAA will have some way of geting a few £ off us for this one.

Croke PARK ? Unless the economic climate changes soon Omagh will be big enough for it.

Maguire01

It will be Clones. There's no way the Ulster Council will want to give up the income from an extra 10,000 tickets.

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 09:55:26 PM
It will be Clones. There's no way the Ulster Council will want to give up the income from an extra 10,000 tickets.

It'll only be Clones if Mickey decides it should be Cones - what Micket wants, Mickey gets !!

On another note, how many pages do you expect this to run to ?? 100+ ???

In the Onion Bag

from wikipedia
Armagh, also known as the orchard county is one of the 3 minor Counties in Ulster that, in their history, have managed to win only one All Ireland Championship.  There have been calls for a special Queen Elizabeth II award to mark their craving for true success. 
The rugged terrain can be hilly and windy and indeed the Armagh landmass has often been described as 'Samlocked' due to the notable success of their near neighbouring counties. 

Lovin it. ;D ;D ;D.  Excellent thread Kerry Mic

orangeman

from wikipedia
Armagh known as the orchard county is filled with fruits from the North to the South.  The county is one of only 3 in Ulster who have won the All ireland Championship once and there have been calls for a special award from the Queen to mark their ongoing successes in Ulster.  The geographical terrain can be hilly and windy and indeed the Armagh landmass has often been described as a samlocked county due to the success of their neighbouring counties. 

You're really rubbing it in now RRHF.

armaghniac

QuoteThere's no way the Ulster Council will want to give up the income from an extra 10,000 tickets.

Quite apart from the fact that the 10,000 people might like to go.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

This would have been the glamour tie of the round if it wasn't for Meath v Dublin in front of a packed Croke Park. It's a close second though. ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

balladmaker

A pity there is the back door to take the edge off this game.  As Ulster Champions, Armagh are the only team with a title to loose in this match.

cornafean

Quote from: Jinxy on October 08, 2008, 10:50:11 PM
This would have been the glamour tie of the round if it wasn't for Meath v Dublin in front of a packed Croke Park. It's a close second though. ;)

Why? Meath are on their backsides amongst the also-rans of Leinster. Dublin have shot their bolt and as of now are a fading power. Tyrone are All Ireland champions and Armagh are the one team they will not want to meet in the first round.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Hereiam

From Paddypower

Tyrone to win Ulster outright          9-4
Tyrone to win the 2009 All Ireland   7-2

Jinxy

Quote from: cornafean on October 08, 2008, 10:53:59 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on October 08, 2008, 10:50:11 PM

Why? Meath are on their backsides amongst the also-rans of Leinster. Dublin have shot their bolt and as of now are a fading power. Tyrone are All Ireland champions and Armagh are the one team they will not want to meet in the first round.

Look, it's this simple. Meath v Dublin is the biggest rivalry in gaelic games. FACT!
If you were any use you'd be playing.