Your 3 Wishes for 2007

Started by Dinny Breen, December 20, 2006, 09:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

QuoteI don't support soccer
Fair enough.

Dinny Breen

Quoteleave AZ alone.
i prefer munster coz tehy are country lads and have more in common with me than the likes of drico and d'arcy. you dont see them in lifestyle magazines every week.
if you had the choice you'd be on for a dirty sess with the munster boys. itd be some craic gettin messy in the pub.
with the leinster lads it would be listening to shite from D4ers then off to renards or club 92.
anyway if we could just as easily support leicester coz they have 8 leinster natives.

Arghhhh, just lets make one thing clear the Munster boys all went to private schools and are not salt of the earth common people and I will not get drawn into arguing the other bullsh*t D4 stereotype. Captain you have a lot more in common with Leinster players than you think

Rob Kearney - Louth Minor
Shane Horgan - Meath Minor
Niall Ronan - Meath Minor
Eric Miller - Dublin Development Squad
Niall Brreslin - Westmeath U/21
Jamie Heaslip - Played minor and u/21 for Naas

#newbridgeornowhere

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2006, 11:28:35 AM
Jaysus. Do I have to repeat myself every time I say that? Ok. Once more just for you GNevin.

I never bothered with Rugby until I left Ferbane to come to college in UL.

I don't want to stir up a hornets nest AZ but the truth must come out as the fans deserve to hear it. You were full back on that school side which took on Tellamore in that friendly arranged by Locky in 1990. I can reveal that cos i was mixing it in the pack. This is a fact.

nrico2006

3 wishes:

1) Simply for Tyrone to be rid of injuries, which would enable the best 15 to be on the pitch thus giving us another All Ireland
2) Waterford to win the Liam Mc Carthy
3) A Tyrone/Armagh All Ireland Final - Nothing beats winning Sam by beating Armagh for it
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Very true turk, and my dummy solo caused consternation among the Rugby heads. My interest level was still low though. And anyway, to cause further confusion, we are technically in Connacht when it comes to Rugby, so I have no reason whatsoever to support Leinster :D

magpie seanie

QuoteI don't want to stir up a hornets nest AZ but the truth must come out as the fans deserve to hear it. You were full back on that school side which took on Tellamore in that friendly arranged by Locky in 1990. I can reveal that cos i was mixing it in the pack. This is a fact.

The scandal unfolds. Get ready to hear Inda Kinny condemn you on the lunchtime news AZ!

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 20, 2006, 12:30:48 PM
Very true turk, and my dummy solo caused consternation among the Rugby heads. My interest level was still low though. And anyway, to cause further confusion, we are technically in Connacht when it comes to Rugby, so I have no reason whatsoever to support Leinster :D

The dummy solo was class! I'm amazed this innovation hasn't made it into mainstream rugby.

Captain Scarlet

point taken dinny.
to be honest i was goin a bit astray. the D4 thing is more about the fans.
one of my mates went into a pub with a workmate from dublin and was asked first off what school he went to.
it wasnt an acceptable answer as it wasnt private so they pretty much didn't speak to him.

geordan murphy played for kildare underage too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

AZOffaly

QuoteThe scandal unfolds. Get ready to hear Inda Kinny condemn you on the lunchtime news AZ!

I was young and needed the money. That was great craic though. We knew nothing about Rugby, but our teacher, the aforementioned 'Locky' was huge into it. He'd give anything for Rugby (and did. Turk will know what I mean  ;D)

That game, if I remember correctly, included non-contested scrums, because our pack, of which turk was an esteemed member, would have ended up looking like roadkill.

One moment that stands out is me catching a Garryowen near our touchline on the 22. I was going to welly it back up the field until I noticed the entire Tullamore pack were nearly on top of me. I dummy Soloed, GAA style, and waited for the belt. The ground shook as the pack stampeded past, assuming I had kicked. I stood there looking around, and Lockey shouted 'RUN!!'. I tore off up the field, but their back line was still all in situ. We put together a great passing move on the counter attack to tear Tullamore to shreds, finally releasing our Hooker, who hadn't bothered his arse coming back from the original kick. He was about 5 metres out from the posts, no one to beat with a glory try beckoning him.

He DROP-KICKED!!!!!!. hit the Feckin' corner flag with it. Dummy :D

turk

Was that Johnny the fugitive AZ?
Johnny was hooker for that match? he'd be a fair effective hooker now, the size of him!

Dinny Breen

Quoteto be honest i was goin a bit astray. the D4 thing is more about the fans.

Traditionally there was that element associated with Leinster, no point in denying it but these days that is far from reality. The head of the supporters clubs is a North Side Postman, the Supporters Club and the Leinster Branch are aware of the sterotype and are doing their best to get rid of it but a bit like Kildare and Meath you'll get the 4x4 driving twat who is just there for the occasion and not the game..
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Sorry Turk, it wasn;t Johnny, It was a Prop. Dino. I Remember Johnny was hooker, but he feet could barely touch the ground when he was bound in the Scrum :D

Amazing to think that from such beginnings a Connacht Senior Schools Rugby title was clinched a couple of years ago, and that an ex-pupil would transfer to Blackrock and kick them to glory in the Leinster Schools.

Hard to believe, and a bit worrying for the GAA too. We were GAA heartland.

Croí na hÉireann

1. Win the Delaney Cup
2. Get to an All-Ireland Semi-Final
3. Get promoted to Division 3 with the club
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ClosetotheHarte

1. Injury jinx to end and Tyrone to win third All-Ireland in five seasons (every other year is just fine, Mickey!)
2. Celtic to win the Champions League (not as far fetched as some people think!)
3. My club to do well on all fronts (silverware would be a nice bonus)
Obviously hoping for Tyrone Minors and Under-21s to do well also - both panels look to be strong for the year ahead.

youbetterbelieveit

Dinny just to correct you on the ' all the munster boys went to private schools' statement.

John 'The Bull' Hayes, did not go to a private school. He went to the local CBS, and played hurling and football also.