An Mhi Vs Ceatharlach

Started by thejuice, May 12, 2008, 09:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I'm hoping for the best case scenario - that we will discover our best team by accident/force of necessity. It wouldn't be the first time it happened a team. Certainly we need a fix at midfield and it would be great if Meade proved to be it. Despite all the tribulations, it doesn't look a bad team. The forward division, and especially the full forward line, looks as good as any in the championship and there's still Farrell and O'Rourke presumably on the bench, should the need arise.

It'll be great for the midfield newcomer when the crowd starts chanting "Mee-yad, Mee-yad".

Jinxy

Meade is a bit more mobile at least from what I've seen of him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Looks like a good team alright,although I have my concerns for the full back line in the long run though, I think we should overcome Carlow. Was reading Graham Geraghtys article in the Meath Post, and even he was saying if we dont beat Carlow we might as well pack up and give it up. Strange to see someone being honest rather than going "Oh, Carlow are a good team, and we'll need to be on our guard, no-ones taking it for granted....etc"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Mobility would be my worry as well. As a centre forward you can get away with not being particularly fast, but you need a good engine and a good work ethic. If Cian can maintain a high work rate his kicking skills are made for the position.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Claw on May 16, 2008, 12:54:58 AM
Aherne
O Connor, Fay, McGill
Harrington, Reilly, King
Ward, Meade
Byrne, Ward, Nestor
Bray, Big Joe, Geraghty

Delighted Cian Ward is on the 40, what i've been hoping for a while.

I thought Fay and Ward were supposed to be suspended for this one or have I got my wires crossed???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

4 week suspensions are up tomorrow.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2008, 03:04:07 PM
4 week suspensions are up tomorrow.

I thought there was a rule introduced recently where a suspension had to include a game  ???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

billy the kid

Quick question Lads -

Who hits the frees up-front for Meath and is he starting sunday?

Who hits the frees up-front for Carlow and is he starting sunday?

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

The Claw

Meath - Cian Ward hits the frees and yes he is on. Brian Farrell also hits them for Meath but he isnt on.

stevecw

Carlow have 2 free takers. Usually JJ Smith takes them from the left and Eric McCormack from the right. If Simon Rea comes off bench will will probably take over from Eric.

Hardy

Meath 1-8, Carlow 0-3 after 25 minutes.  Full forward line completely dominant. Joe Sheridan 1-2.

Cian Ward having a stormer too.

Jim Carney is some pain to listen to.

Kinneavy (or whatever his name is this week) is blowing whistles if one player even looks like coming near to physically contacting another. There hasn't been one minute without a free and nearly all of them for nothing.

Hardy

1-15 to 0-04 at half time. Meath's midfield and forwards look magnificent, but it's easy to look that way because Carlow look like a poor Junior B team and this is no test at all.

Mark Ward powerful at midfield and supplying a continuous flow of quick ball in. Meade playing well at midfield too.

Joe Sheridan 1-3, winning ball at will.
Cian Ward 6 points, 3 from play. One of his frees, off the ground from the 45 line went at least 10 feet over the bar.
Bray 0-2, showing lovely touches, pace and class.
Nestor, King, GG and Meade 0-1 each.

Hardy

jodyb

Quote from: Hardy link=topic=7747.msg294081#msg294081 date=1211123724

Kinneavy (
b]or whatever his name is this week[/b])

:D

1 25 to 0 08!! That's some hammerin in a championship game. I expected yes to win easy, but not that fcukin easy!!

Shamrock Shore

Just back for a near deserted Croker.

Sweet Christ Carlow stank the joint.

There should have been a mercy killing at half time.

Agree with Hardy on the Galway/Roscommon ref. But then I never had any respect for him.