An Mhí v An Cabhán

Started by thejuice, March 11, 2008, 12:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Heres the preview from RTE.ie, hard to see any logic to it, you wouldnt think they would back Meath after reading the article.

QuoteMeath -v- Cavan

Meath are facing a forward crisis ahead of the visit of basement side Cavan to Páirc Tailteann.

Manager Colm Coyle will not be able to name Shane O'Rourke and Joe Sheridan, as both have been ruled out of the clash with their Breffni rivals.

Brian Farrell is a major doubt and Stephen Bray is struggling to recover from an injury incurred in the five-point loss to Westmeath.

Meath have amassed three points, thanks to a draw with Roscommon and the two points they received from their postponed game with Cork.

Cavan have yet to register any points, conceding 3-35 in losses to Armagh, Monaghan and Dublin.

Donal Keoghan's side lived with Dublin for the first 60 minutes a fortnight ago, but a Bernard Brogan goal more or less settled the issue.

If the visitors can win enough scoreable frees, Seanie Johnston has the ability to it edge for them in what is shaping up to be a low-scoring tussle.

Verdict: Meath
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mylestheslasher

Ah yes - another piece of pure class from RTE/Aertel. I'd imagine they meant to give the verdict to Cavan after what went before.

thejuice

Hot off The Press, Meath Team to Face Cavan

1.  Brendan Murphy, Trim (C)
2.  Niall McKeigue, Navan O'Mahony's
3.  Darren Fay, Trim
4.  Cormac Mac Gill, Donaghmore/Ashbourne
5.  Eoin Harrington, Wolfe Tones
6.  Kevin Reilly, Navan O'Mahony's
7.  Caoimhin King, Dunshaughlin
8.  Nigel Crawford, St. Peter's, Dunboyne
9.  Mark Ward, Navan O'Mahony's
10.  Peadar Byrne, Ballinlough
11.  Anthony Moyles, Blackhall Gaels
12.  Alan Nestor, Blackhall Gaels
13.  Stephen Bray, Navan O'Mahony's
14.  Graham Geraghty, Clann na nGael
15.  Cian Ward, Wolfe Tones
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

Jaysus i know 12 of that team is over 6ft tall  :o dont know about Harrington,Gill and Nestor,

what do you feed them in Meath Juice.  :D

we will look like a team of minors against them.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 14, 2008, 03:25:28 PM
what do you feed them in Meath Juice.  :D

Little babies I heard. (Unconfirmed).

Seriously though, size matters, Meath at a canter in this one.

The Claw

Definitely like the look of the team. Defence looks solid with Harrington, Reilly and McKeigue back. Forward line looks far more potent especially the half forward line. I would prefer to see Cian Ward at centre forward because he was very good there against Roscommon, i'd say he'll come out the field anyway but the one thing he doesnt like is a sticky corner back and usually centre backs are looser which suit ward better. If the back stays back, all the better. Reilly should protect the full back line better than Moyles, I would expect McGill to pick up Johnson which should be a good battle. Need a big game from Midfield.

Jinxy

Decent looking side. Need full points from this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Half Time:
Cavan 0-11
Meath 0-4

Full Time:
Meath 0-15
Cavan 0-13

Be-Jaysus

Maguire01

How did Cavan manage to let that one slip?  That's Cavan as good as relegated now anyway.  At the same time, it hardly flatters Meath either.

thejuice

Cian Ward with 9 points, fair play, hope he can do that in the summer

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 16, 2008, 10:38:32 AM
How did Cavan manage to let that one slip?  That's Cavan as good as relegated now anyway.  At the same time, it hardly flatters Meath either.

Don't get me started.

The Claw

Awful first half from Meath. I missed the first 15 but apparently Johnson was taking Fay to the cleaners, I think it was 7-1 to Cavan when I came in. From then on Meath came into the game a bit more. Second half was a different story, Meath totally dominated. Cian Ward kicked some unbelievable frees, including one unbelievable sideline from out near the 45. Mark Ward was good in the middle, Eoin Harrington was very good and Kevin Reilly also had a solid game. Still a lot to work on.