Qualifier Draw?

Started by MrC, July 15, 2007, 06:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owenmoresider

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 15, 2007, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 15, 2007, 06:40:11 PM
Expecting wins for Monaghan, Derry, Meath and Cork there. First two could be a close call mind you.

Are we going to be thrashed by Meath then?
No hammering, but unless they get the finger out and show the same desire that they did in Salthill, I'd expect Meath to come through. Having said that they are beatable too, maybe Joyce being marked by Fay may rekindle happier times!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: MacDiarmada on July 15, 2007, 06:48:54 PM
Meath were pretty poor yesterday.  Yet to see any og Galway, but if you are half way decent you`ll beat them.

Well Meath aren't great but we're not great either but we are capable of playing far better than we did against Sligo when we were dire.

Repeat of 01 All-Ireland final although both teams are a long way short of the standard they were back then.

joemamas

tyroneboi

That is the draw

Owenmoresider

If they are neutral venues, then could it be:
MN v DL - Breffni
LS v DY - Clones
GY v MH - Mullingar?
CK v LH - Portlaoise

tyroneboi - it's Ulster v Connacht alright, Tyrone and Sligo QF's on same day (4th Aug), not sure if the QF arrangement is pre-determined, i.e. we play Monaghan or Donegal?

GBB - of course ye are better than that, much better, mind you we should have won by more if the freetaking problems were sorted out too.

J70

There's no way they'll have matches on the same day in Clones and Cavan. Double header in Clones makes more sense, or else toss up for home advantage (if that's allowed).

TacadoirArdMhacha

I've a feeling the quarter final draw isn't pre-determined this year as it has been since 2005 but I wouldn't swear to it. I'd say your about right with the venues there Owenmore.

Was it just me or did Michael Lyster make a comment about Meath coming out before the fella actually had the ball opened. Or maybe I'm just paranoid!

Would go for wins for Monaghan, Derry, Meath and Cork myself.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteWas it just me or did Michael Lyster make a comment about Meath coming out before the fella actually had the ball opened. Or maybe I'm just paranoid!

I caught that too. He said something like "and Galway get Meath" and I was thinking that the container hadn't even been opened yet. ???

Tyrone Dreamer

Looked very dodgy that yet again they didnt spin the balls and instead Brennan gave them a we move round with his hand without changing there order. Then 2 ulster teams got drawn out 1st - would never have guessed it. If its not a set up I cant understand any reason why they wont shake them properly to stop accusations like this.

The Real Laoislad

Tough draw getting Derry..Don't see Laois winning this one with the show they put on today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteLooked very dodgy that yet again they didnt spin the balls and instead Brennan gave them a we move round with his hand without changing there order. Then 2 ulster teams got drawn out 1st - would never have guessed it. If its not a set up I cant understand any reason why they wont shake them properly to stop accusations like this.

I was reading Nicky Brennan's lips  and he said "I hate Ulster, lets mess them up and pair them together"

Honest to god. Its true. He has it in for you lads.

tyroneboi

From the GAA website:
All Ireland Quarter-Finals: Each of the four Provincial Champions shall play one of the four winners from Round 4. A draw shall be made to determine the four pairings.

Then i think it must be Ulster v Connaght and Leinster v Munster for the semis.

Another Tyrone v Kerry final me thinks.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

as someone has pointed out the 4 winners of the final qualifier can meet any of the provincial winners, at semi stage it will be leinster v munster, conn v ulster.

for the qualifiers i would guess mon v don will be at breffni and i just go for donegal.

galway meath probably at either mullingar or tullamore, and a toss up.

derry laois at either navan or roscommon. most will fancy derry, i would nor dismiss laois as they have the measure of derry on recent outing and for all the merit of the two recent derry wins, no one fancies them to make a serious impact on the championship.

cork and louth will be at portlaois or newbridge. cork will win and they appear to have received the perfect draw and of the 8 teams in the qualifiers look the most serious championship contenders.         

The Real Laoislad

So if Laois beat Derry we could play Dublin again?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tyrone Dreamer

My point is - why not spin the balls and take any doubt away from those watching the draw. Only in the GAA would they do a draw and not move the different balls about. It looks suspicious if nothing else.

clarshack

it would be ridiculous if tyrone were to draw monaghan in the 1/4 final. likewise if kerry were to get cork or dublin to get laois or sligo to draw galway. the provincial winners need to be given an advantage.