Páirc Uí Chaoimh paint

Started by trentoneill15, October 17, 2017, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trentoneill15

I like the new ground, not as nice as the old one but it looks very good, it reminds me of the mid 90s Croke Park with the two terraces. However it disappoints me to see what they have done with the seating, they painted them white and grey which looks terrible, It is a pity didn't paint them like ths old stadium. Croke Park seats look terrible too. One of the most beautiful grounds is Offalys.

and an interesting fact for anyone interested is that some of the material used in the new stadium was from Ulster as I remember a lorry going down to it 18 months ago.

shark

Was in it on Sunday, at county final. Very comfortable.

Gabriel_Hurl

Seats are that colour so that it disguises when there are empty seats. Red seats being empty is far more noticeable.

A common tactic done in most new stadia

twohands!!!

Still no confirmation of how much over budget it went.

Owen Brannigan

Surely all seats are self coloured plastic and not painted.  Poor quality plastic is susceptible to UV damage.

From the Bunker

Croke Park got is seating colours right for the home team.

JPGJOHNNYG

If casement park ever gets built all the drawings have grey/blue seats no saffron in sight. Seems to be the wsy things are still its better than the weird multicolour mix at ravenhill or thomond that would give you a headache