Crossmaglen

Started by T Fearon, March 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 02, 2017, 02:29:58 PM
Of course I did! They were priced at 5/2.I will still have a friendly conversation with BC if I meet him,as I've done in the past.I am not one to bear grudges.

Ye reckon Tony? Turn the other cheek?  How Christian of you...

stew

Quote from: theskull1 on October 02, 2017, 04:42:29 PM
Can you imagine stew up the line?  :o

I coached for twenty years in the states and only once in that time did I engage in a verbal disagreement with a referee.

I would certainly never try to harm a player or get involved in fighting etc as a coach, I am over 50 and have calmed down from my playing days Skull, sorry to disappoint you.

By the way, BC, I misspoke, I was going on about the 2016 U11's, this years U12's, the actual game in Abbey Park happened at the U11 level, apologies. were you involved then? If so you must remember the carry on of your sideline, it was ridiculous, especially at that age.

In the canteen at work today there were people from four clubs, not one had a good thing to say about Cross, I know they are perennial winners and that sickens people but the outstanding theme of the conversation was greatness tinged with classlessness, that's about right in my view, I hate the sight of Cross because I know whats coming if they are getting it tight!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

theskull1

Well the way you shoot from the hip on this forum, I struggle to understand what would make you any different up the line with a competitive team not getting the rub of the green........that is, unless you freely admit to being a keyboard warrior.

Every club has volunteers, who lets say 'misdirect their passion'  and clubs should (and I'm sure Cross do) be taking those individuals aside and speaking to them. No club is immune so unless you're saying poor behaviour is not discouraged in Cross then I really have no idea why you feel the need to direct your anger to the Cross Club itself.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2017, 07:46:20 AM
Shocking thread

Kinda agree MTR2, unless of course people were coming on praising them but you can't paint the whole club with the same brush if one or two idiots are about the place. Jasus we have a few of our own who i'd love to drift out with the tide and are a complete embarrassment to the club but they always seem to get a bye ball from the committee, those two or three village idiots we have at our club do not reflect how the rest of us behave (well i hope not anyway).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

We've had our own heartbreak against Cross and I never felt they were too bad, we've come up against worse, you'll get muppets for sure in every club and most off them never kicked a ball or lifted a hurl after minor... a couple of bad seasons and Cross for all their glory they have brought Armagh club football have been jumped on!

They'll be back, thats for sure

But success brings its good and bad to the club, I don't mind a bit of a wind up and I certainly have a pop at others in my county but its actually just a wind up, this though has taken on to personal attacks on board members and coaches who are on the ditch, rather that hidding behind a computer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: theskull1 on October 03, 2017, 05:41:55 AM
Well the way you shoot from the hip on this forum, I struggle to understand what would make you any different up the line with a competitive team not getting the rub of the green........that is, unless you freely admit to being a keyboard warrior.

Every club has volunteers, who lets say 'misdirect their passion'  and clubs should (and I'm sure Cross do) be taking those individuals aside and speaking to them. No club is immune so unless you're saying poor behaviour is not discouraged in Cross then I really have no idea why you feel the need to direct your anger to the Cross Club itself.

I am no keyboard warrior as you know! I have posted my details here and don't give two fucks what anyone thinks about my opinions as they are my own, and I do not think people should care about mine.

When coaching I am not representing myself as much as I am my players, I I am coaching say U14 kids I better not behave in a manner that teaches them how to disrespect authority, I have no time for abusing refs and believe 99% of referees don't give a fiddlers fart who wins 100% of the time.

Armamike

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2017, 10:14:14 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 03, 2017, 05:41:55 AM

I am no keyboard warrior as you know! I have posted my details here and don't give two f**ks what anyone thinks about my opinions as they are my own, and I do not think people should care about mine.

When coaching I am not representing myself as much as I am my players, I I am coaching say U14 kids I better not behave in a manner that teaches them how to disrespect authority, I have no time for abusing refs and believe 99% of referees don't give a fiddlers fart who wins 100% of the time.

There was a guy from Portadown doing linesman at a game with ourselves a few years back.  There was a bit of handbags going on and he runs on the pitch and hits one of our players over the head with his flag.  He obviously wasn't the full shilling.  Does that suggest everyone from Tir na Nog is the same? Probably not.

It's a pity that the fight overshadowed a brilliant match, one of the best in the Armagh championship in a good few years.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armaghniac

Quote from: Armamike on October 03, 2017, 10:26:07 AM
It's a pity that the fight overshadowed a brilliant match, one of the best in the Armagh championship in a good few years.

This is the point. This "fight" was at the final whistle, the game was not indisciplined. And the impression is given that Cross' imploded somehow, which does not really do justice to Maghery. Cross were middlin' by comparison to their pomp but were still not easily beaten.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

APM

Quote from: stew on October 01, 2017, 11:56:58 PMI have seen them six times since I came home a year and a half ago, I have listened to their fans and I have seen the classless way they behave against both the Harps and especially the Ogs, they behave like animals at times, I no longer pull for cross, I want the f**kers to lose every time they take the field and I am delighted maghery took them to the woodshed again.
Even their coaches at the U12-U14 act like idiots, I watched them playing the Harps and we beat them by over 20 points the first underage game I went to when I got back, the coaches were coming on to the field and acting the maggot even when they were completely outclassed! f**k crossmaglen
Hopefully this years county final will be a clean one, one thing is for sure, we are all better off without Crossmaglen Rangers being part of the spectacle.

Quote from: stew on October 02, 2017, 10:38:29 PM
In the canteen at work today there were people from four clubs, not one had a good thing to say about Cross, I know they are perennial winners and that sickens people but the outstanding theme of the conversation was greatness tinged with classlessness, that's about right in my view, I hate the sight of Cross because I know whats coming if they are getting it tight!

Stew, you are tarring an entire club with one brush.  And do you ever read over the stuff that you post?  There is a theme in your posts where the language seems to get to boiling point quickly and stays there.  Can you not tone down the language?  Does it have to be in the ballpark of I hate and F$8k them. Can you not just say, for example - 'I was very annoyed'.

There is an element as clubs where we all have to say "there but for the grace of God go I".  Because we all have our share of nutjobs playing, managing and supporting clubs. 

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: armaghniac on October 03, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
This is the point. This "fight" was at the final whistle, the game was not indisciplined. And the impression is given that Cross' imploded somehow, which does not really do justice to Maghery. Cross were middlin' by comparison to their pomp but were still not easily beaten.

It was a hugely enjoyable game of football, and although Cross will take little comfort from it, they too played their part. It says something for them that despite the fact that they have gone back in terms of ability, they are still right there, in the top group of clubs, and are there without Jamie Clarke and a fit Tony Kernan.

It was a match I couldn't wait to see, as I wanted to get an idea of the impact that the defeat Maghery handed out in the earlier round to Cross had had on both sides. I thought it was clear that it had instilled in Maghery a self belief that they could take Cross, as when Rangers threatened a brilliant comeback (narrowing the gap from six points to one) Maghery held their nerve, played some brilliant possession football, and stretched their lead. The performances of Crealey, Lavery (who I always maintained got a raw deal from the County) and Cusack at centre half back were sensational.

For Cross, the air of invincibility that they held in Armagh has been hit big time. They were undone back in August by a terrible performance by the usually reliable Paul Hearty, who shipped three goals which ultimately cost the game. Maghery's first goal on Saturday evening also came from a high ball into the square with forwards piling in in anticipation of another mistake. They knew the weakness. Maghery's second goal was a brilliant team move.

Rangers' achievements have been the stuff of legends, and that was reflected in their dominance from 1996, but their fall has breathed much needed life into our Senior Championship. There are four or five teams who feel now they can have ambitions to take the top prize. And that can only be good for football in our County.     

stew

Quote from: APM on October 03, 2017, 11:14:36 AM
Quote from: stew on October 01, 2017, 11:56:58 PMI have seen them six times since I came home a year and a half ago, I have listened to their fans and I have seen the classless way they behave against both the Harps and especially the Ogs, they behave like animals at times, I no longer pull for cross, I want the f**kers to lose every time they take the field and I am delighted maghery took them to the woodshed again.
Even their coaches at the U12-U14 act like idiots, I watched them playing the Harps and we beat them by over 20 points the first underage game I went to when I got back, the coaches were coming on to the field and acting the maggot even when they were completely outclassed! f**k crossmaglen
Hopefully this years county final will be a clean one, one thing is for sure, we are all better off without Crossmaglen Rangers being part of the spectacle.

Stew, you are tarring an entire club with one brush.  And do you ever read over the stuff that you post?  There is a theme in your posts where the language seems to get to boiling point quickly and stays there.  Can you not tone down the language?  Does it have to be in the ballpark of I hate and F$8k them. Can you not just say, for example - 'I was very annoyed'.

There is an element as clubs where we all have to say "there but for the grace of God go I".  Because we all have our share of nutjobs playing, managing and supporting clubs.

I suppose I could soften the language a bit in this instance, I have went from respecting the hell out of Cross and being very proud that they are from Armagh to disliking them intensely for their behaviour both on and off the field, I have watched them play the Ogs twice and both times they acted like thugs to the point I wanted the Ogs to win! The f**king Ogs! I do hate them for that, I never pulled for the Ogs in my life, so thanks for that Crossmaglen!

It just seems to me that I could pick say 3 random games a season to go watch them and there would be a lot of controversy attached to that game, that I do not like, I admire their success and up until 2016 I pulled for them once Armagh was inevitably won, I simply do not do that anymore, I hope they have many years now in obscurity, they wont but one can hope, no longer an admirer.

bennydorano

Quote from: yellowcard on October 02, 2017, 01:53:23 PM
The main positive to take out of the Cross defeat is the hope that Joe Brolly might cease making his silly references to Crossmaglen's brilliant football in every other article. Back to the St Brigids under 16's now then.   
Hear hear! He's Keyser Sose'd Cross for long enuf!

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on October 03, 2017, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 02, 2017, 01:53:23 PM
The main positive to take out of the Cross defeat is the hope that Joe Brolly might cease making his silly references to Crossmaglen's brilliant football in every other article. Back to the St Brigids under 16's now then.   
Hear hear! He's Keyser Sose'd Cross for long enuf!

No doubt that when some other Armagh club does something of national importance in some style, he'll laud them also. Away you go Harps.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tonto1888

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
Quote from: APM on October 03, 2017, 11:14:36 AM

I suppose I could soften the language a bit in this instance, I have went from respecting the hell out of Cross and being very proud that they are from Armagh to disliking them intensely for their behaviour both on and off the field, I have watched them play the Ogs twice and both times they acted like thugs to the point I wanted the Ogs to win! The f**king Ogs! I do hate them for that, I never pulled for the Ogs in my life, so thanks for that Crossmaglen!

It just seems to me that I could pick say 3 random games a season to go watch them and there would be a lot of controversy attached to that game, that I do not like, I admire their success and up until 2016 I pulled for them once Armagh was inevitably won, I simply do not do that anymore, I hope they have many years now in obscurity, they wont but one can hope, no longer an admirer.

Ive only seen Cross once - their defeat in Lurgan a few weeks back against CE - but I have to say their players and fans were grand that day. No hostility or anything like that. The opposite actually