Crossmaglen

Started by T Fearon, March 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Crossmaglen Rangers have consented to be part of this BBC NI series. True North? Not North against our will,or until our day comes?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on March 14, 2016, 07:28:39 PM
Crossmaglen Rangers have consented to be part of this BBC NI series. True North? Not North against our will,or until our day comes?
I thought cross was in the deep south where they eat ulster gumbo
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

illdecide

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2016, 07:41:15 PM

What do u think now?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Good show tonight. Didn't think they would agree to show some of the behind the scenes chats with players. A familiar looking lad appeared in the stands at one stage.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 21, 2016, 11:38:16 PM
Good show tonight. Didn't think they would agree to show some of the behind the scenes chats with players. A familiar looking lad appeared in the stands at one stage.

I saw a brave few familiar looking lads in the stand.
Repeated on BBC2 on Wed night.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

An enjoyable programme. Not much sign of the Kernan brothers in it - I thought they would have got more focus.

Did it capture the essence of parish football? Yes
Is it the same as pretty much any other club in Ireland? Yes
Has it raised the interest in XMG's next championship match? Yes
Will Nelson McCausland have taken offence? Yes
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armamike

Cross players dont really do hobbies do they? No mention of fly fishing or book reading here. The show gave a small glimpse into why they never lose the hunger for more success.
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Quote from: illdecide on March 16, 2016, 08:50:31 AM
Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2016, 07:41:15 PM

What do u think now?
I liked  the bit where mcconville said they can take over the site they can piss us off but we are going to win the all ireland

general_lee

Really well made and enjoyable show. Had a chuckle at the Dromintee bit  ;D

seafoid

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-crossmaglen-rangers-a-gaa-community-that-stood-up-to-the-british-34555608.html
Oisín: Wasn't it great to stick the two fingers up to them and say regardless what you do, you can land your helicopters on our pitch, you can build your barracks on top of us, you can throw our clothes and our bags out on the street when you search our cars on the way to training. . . Wasn't it great to say to them, 'But f**k youse, we're gonna win an All-Ireland anyway.'

longballin

What did we think of that show last night on BBC 1? Does Johnny Murtagh need to choose his drinking buddies more carefully?  ???

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: longballin on March 22, 2016, 09:56:45 AM
What did we think of that show last night on BBC 1? Does Johnny Murtagh need to choose his drinking buddies more carefully?  ???

He was badly sunk alright
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyCake

Quote from: Armamike on March 22, 2016, 01:20:44 AM
Cross players dont really do hobbies do they? No mention of fly fishing or book reading here. The show gave a small glimpse into why they never lose the hunger for more success.

To be as successful as Cross (or to play county football), you really do need to be obsessed with it. Totally obsessed with training, playing and winning. While Jamie Clarke is a great footballing talent, it was actually refreshing to hear him say what he did. While people criticise him for buggering off when Armagh needs him, I think it's actually a very healthy attitude he has towards his football.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: BennyCake on March 22, 2016, 10:05:38 AM
Quote from: Armamike on March 22, 2016, 01:20:44 AM

To be as successful as Cross (or to play county football), you really do need to be obsessed with it. Totally obsessed with training, playing and winning. While Jamie Clarke is a great footballing talent, it was actually refreshing to hear him say what he did. While people criticise him for buggering off when Armagh needs him, I think it's actually a very healthy attitude he has towards his football.

Agree re the Jame Clarke part. He actually looked healthier when he came back too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Yeah the Clarke bit was the most interesting bit. It was interesting to hear him say he was sort of sick of the whole we have to win all the time so no one else can win attitude.

Also great editing to make it look like he run the whole pitch for the goal against Kilcoo! :D

PS I was also surprised at the fact the Kernans weren't involved at all as they always struck me as a family that liked to get involved in media. Has it anything to do with political views?