Railway Cup 2014

Started by BennyCake, February 06, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 13, 2014, 11:53:04 PM
I don't understand why Adrian Marren is not on the panel

Why isn't Andy Moran, Seanie Mac, Senan Kilbride, Ross Donovan, Donie Shine, Colm Boyle, Ger Caff, Keith Higgins, etc, etc, etc on the panel?

Methinks the panel line-up is more a case of players excluding themselves rather than the management excluding players.

moysider

Delighted with the Mayo representation on the panel.

As befits their tradition and standing in the province Galway have the lion's share with 8 panel members.

All codding and joking aside, in Connacht anyway, this competition is beyond a joke.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Hope Connacht lose Semi injury free.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 13, 2014, 07:40:48 PM
Connacht GAA Panel

(Galway) Joss Moore, Gareth Bradshaw, Sean Armstrong, Paul Conroy, Danny Cummins, Tom Hughes, Eoin Concannon

(Mayo) Robert Hennelly, Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O' Shea, Jason Gibbons, Michael Conroy 

(Sligo) Neil Ewing, David Kelly, Pat Hughes, Mark Brehony

(Leitrim) Gary Reynolds, Emlyn Mulligan, Cathal McCrann

(Roscommon) Niall Daly, Cathal Cregg

Mark Gottsche(London)

Tom Hughes is on the Connacht panel and he's not even in the Galway panel. That's a bit odd.

rodney trotter

2014 Leinster football squad

Dublin - Ciaran Kilkenny, Kevin McManamon, Michael Dara McAuley, Eoin O'Gara, Cian O'Sullivan, Philly McMahon

Meath - Paddy O'Rourke, Donal Keoghan, Kevin Reilly, Graham Reilly, Michael Newman, Bryan Menton

Kildare - Paul Cribben, Eoin O'Flaherty, Kevin Murnaghan, Tommy Mooloick, Paul Flynn

Longford - Mickey Quinn, Damien Sheridan

Louth - Dessie Finnegan, Paddy Keenan

Westmeath - Paul Sharry

Wicklow - Leighton Glynn

Offaly - Niall McNamee

Laois - John O'Loughlin

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 14, 2014, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 13, 2014, 07:40:48 PM
Connacht GAA Panel

(Galway) Joss Moore, Gareth Bradshaw, Sean Armstrong, Paul Conroy, Danny Cummins, Tom Hughes, Eoin Concannon

(Mayo) Robert Hennelly, Kevin McLoughlin, Aidan O' Shea, Jason Gibbons, Michael Conroy 

(Sligo) Neil Ewing, David Kelly, Pat Hughes, Mark Brehony

(Leitrim) Gary Reynolds, Emlyn Mulligan, Cathal McCrann

(Roscommon) Niall Daly, Cathal Cregg

Mark Gottsche(London)

Tom Hughes is on the Connacht panel and he's not even in the Galway panel. That's a bit odd.

In fairness he should be on the Galway panel.

One of the Sligo players mentioned above is clearly not good enough for the county team, never mind Connacht. They should do away with this competition if the picking of the squad is going to be a kiss me arse effort like this. Other players from Sligo that are in decent form, like Marren for example, should be picked but I suppose he doesn't have the "profile".

Kernan_is_King

I see that Omniscent Joe hasn't bothered with any Armagh players for the Railway cup, or perhaps he wants to preserve them, as Ulster always win anyway.
Big Joe - Big Future!

Syferus

Quote from: Kernan_is_King on February 14, 2014, 02:23:50 PM
I see that Omniscent Joe hasn't bothered with any Armagh players for the Railway cup, or perhaps he wants to preserve them, as Ulster always win anyway.

Ye must be fierce proud of winning such a prestigious competition.

stibhan

Has anyone ever won a Railway Cup with two different provinces?

Kernan_is_King

QuoteYe must be fierce proud of winning such a prestigious competition.

An odd comment for somone always blowing about the Connacht championship.
Big Joe - Big Future!

haranguerer

Grimley didnt let the Armagh lads that were selected join the panel.

Rossfan

Quote from: stibhan on February 14, 2014, 03:13:33 PM
Has anyone ever won a Railway Cup with two different provinces?
I'm sure I read in Willie Hegarty's ramblings in the Herald that Bobby Beggs( connacht/Leinster) and the wonderfully named Caleb Crone ( M/L) did so.
Is that Kernanisking lad now trying to equate the Connacht Championship to the Railway tournament?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Aaron Kernan hasn't played any football since the Ulster Club last year through injury, so he couldn't have picked him.

tommysmith

Blocking players from playing with province that's a kildare thing from last year....