Tyrone v Kildare Part II - The Revenge Div 2 NFL Final Sunday 29th April 2012

Started by Fuzzman, April 08, 2012, 07:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2012, 05:00:06 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 20, 2012, 04:06:03 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 20, 2012, 02:48:57 PM
What's the feeling in Kildare lads about the final?
Will it be yer springboard into a winning run to win Leinster or are ye not too hopeful?

I wonder will Geezer continue to mess about with Johnny Doyle moving him around.
I know he did well for ye in MF but he's always yer top scorer and to me should always be in around the square or at least on the 40.

Will be interesting to see how Harte lines out his charges this time?
Will Gormley, Ricey & Joey continue to be "rested"

Wouldn't be at all hopeful. We were abysmal in the second half in Salthill apart from the last five minutes when Dermot Earley and Emmet Bolton somehow managed to pull it out of the fire for us. Nice to get a dry run in Croke Park before the Leinster Championship but it's no more than a glorified challenge match really.

Very little interest in this game if we're honest, promotion was the target and that has been achieved, €25 a ticket as well is not impressing people and nobody really wants to see Cork hammer Mayo.

Midfield is an issue so expect to see JD there, the Portugal break will probably mean the team will be up for it, more so than Tyrone so a Kildare win wouldn't surprise me but wouldn't excite me either.

This game is ideal for giving Dermot a run out in the middle of the field against a good team and seeing how he goes. Foley is needed at full-back so hopefully Flynn will be back to full fitness which he clearly wasn't at when he came on against Galway. Johnny has really got motoring on the wing in the past two months so it would be a shame to move him back. I wouldn't be a huge fan of Paudie out there either. Hughie Lynch can't be too far away from a comeback but it's strange that both Chalky and Rob Kelly seem to have fallen down the pecking order. Either of those two would have been worth a try alongside Flynn during the league.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

I've given up second guessing McGeeney, can only assume Dermot is be gradually introduced so might get the second half against Tyrone. Flynn if fit is a certainty, like you don't like to see JD or O'Neill there and I'd add Foley and Sweeney to that list. Is Lynch fit yet? Crying out for Feeley!!

As for Rob Kelly and Gary White, is it a sign of our strength in dept or that they just lack form?
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I know Rob had a few niggling injuries but he was togged out in the last few games of the league and didn't see any action from the bench. I find it amazing that Chalky has never managed to nail down a position on the team considering how good he was as an u21 but he'll only be 25 this summer so he still has time on his side. It really is impossible to predict McGeeney and he really does come out with some selections from left-field (like the introduction of Eoin Doyle the other day which no one saw coming). Some have worked brilliantly while others have gone the other way.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2012, 05:13:30 PM
Is Lynch fit yet?

He was back in full contact training around the same time as Dermot but I heard that he picked up another small injury unconnected to the knee. He could feature at some stage against Tyrone or in the upcoming challenge matches.

LilySavage

Rob Kelly did well at midfield against Donegal last year. Chalky is good but to say hes prone to the occasional lapse in concentration is putting it mildly. Feely would be a good option at half forward but hes not available this year.

Farrandeelin

Will head to Croker extra early for this cracker!! Bloody hell the 2 best teams in the land. Tyrone unbeaten and Kildare are Kildare!! Can't wait. It'll be better than the 2nd game I'd say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

nrico2006

Does anybody actually know if Coney is out for 6 weeks or 6 months? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tubberman

Will it be yer springboard into a winning run to win Leinster or are ye not too hopeful?

I wonder will Geezer continue to mess about with Johnny Doyle moving him around.
I know he did well for ye in MF but he's always yer top scorer and to me should always be in around the square or at least on the 40.

Wouldn't be at all hopeful. We were abysmal in the second half in Salthill apart from the last five minutes when Dermot Earley and Emmet Bolton somehow managed to pull it out of the fire for us. Nice to get a dry run in Croke Park before the Leinster Championship but it's no more than a glorified challenge match really.

Very little interest in this game if we're honest, promotion was the target and that has been achieved, €25 a ticket as well is not impressing people and nobody really wants to see Cork hammer Mayo.

Midfield is an issue so expect to see JD there, the Portugal break will probably mean the team will be up for it, more so than Tyrone so a Kildare win wouldn't surprise me but wouldn't excite me either.

We'll try not to ruin your day!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tubberman on April 24, 2012, 09:34:33 AM

We'll try not to ruin your day!

:)

4 days to get a bite...
#newbridgeornowhere

Fuzzman

We've all gone very quiet lads the last year or so.
You'd imagine they'd be a bit of excitement that we're in a national league final, even if it only is Div 2.

Are there many of ye coming down for the game?
I hope we're not becoming too complacent and thinking ah sure we'll probably get loads of trips down to Dublin later in the year.

I see Stevie and Cassidy got sent off at the weekend. What is the rule again? Does it not apply to county games any more if you get sent off in a club game?

Besides Coney, does Mickey have a full panel to pick from?
You'd imagine he'd pick the team that he'd like to start v Armagh if all fit by then
If it was me picking I'd go for

Packie
Conor
Justin
PJ Quinn
McCarron
Joey (could swap to Petey on and off as usual)
Ricey
Colm Cav
Cassidy
Sean Cav
Peter Harte
Peter Mark Donnelly
Penrose (is he injured?) Then Mattie Donnelly
SoNeill
Mulligan

That leaves
Carlin, McCaul, McCrory as 1st choice defenders to get a call in
Murphy & Mckenna back up midfielders with Sean & Joey also options there
Matthew Donnelly, McNabb Gervin, McNeice and not much else now with Coney out and Tommy gone.

Has Davey retired as well or is it not decided?
When does Red Sean come back?

When does this new square ball rule come into effect?
Surely it would be worth playing someone like big Sean or even Cass in on top of the keeper
I'd say a lot of teams will go this route this year to counteract the swarm defences.
Can you imagine Joey at the edge of the square?

omagh_gael

Fuzzman

Oops sorry I meant Mark Donnelly though wonder would Peter do a job there.

Am I missing any other forwards as we suddenly seem light on forward again.
Has anyone confirmed how long Kyle is out for?

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 23, 2012, 07:08:04 PM
Will head to Croker extra early for this cracker!! Bloody hell the 2 best teams in the land. Tyrone unbeaten and Kildare are Kildare!! Can't wait. It'll be better than the 2nd game I'd say.

Too right.
The best team in the country vs. the 4th best team in the country.
Should be some game..
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on April 24, 2012, 12:34:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 23, 2012, 07:08:04 PM

Too right.
The best team in the country vs. the 4th best team in the country.
Should be some game..

Tyrone are better than 4th surely..
#newbridgeornowhere

loughshore lad

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 24, 2012, 09:28:57 AM
Does anybody actually know if Coney is out for 6 weeks or 6 months?

Out for at least 6 months, getting an operation this week by all accounts.