Harte's book-

Started by longrunsthefox, October 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I see 'HARTE-PRESENCE IS THE ONLY THING'...been well trumphed in Irish News today with ads on two different pages for it.
Apparently.."In his candid and forthright autobiography MH pulls no punches, uncovering the truth behind some of the the contraversies that have dogged his career and revealing for the first time the stories behind the tensions within the Tyrone camp in 2004."

Has anyone read it? The Fox is getting a bit tight with the ££s and would want to hear what it is like first. I've a feeling 'some' may be the operative word regarding the contraversies. It couldn't be in his interest to reveal all. As for 2004, is that about his son Mark playing or what? I remember he played in replacement for Brian McGuigan when Tyrone lost quarter final to Mayo. Although he did come on in 2005 Ulster final against Armagh and it was his last outing for the county. I would have put 2004 as imposible to focus on winning Sam after the sad death of Cormac in March however.
I think the plan might have been to be siting beside Brian Cody on Late Late Show last night as two winning All Ireland managers  :'(         

tyrone86

Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 10, 2009, 03:00:20 PM
I see 'HARTE-PRESENCE IS THE ONLY THING'...been well trumphed in Irish News today with ads on two different pages for it.
Apparently.."In his candid and forthright autobiography MH pulls no punches, uncovering the truth behind some of the the contraversies that have dogged his career and revealing for the first time the stories behind the tensions within the Tyrone camp in 2004."

Has anyone read it? The Fox is getting a bit tight with the ££s and would want to hear what it is like first. I've a feeling 'some' may be the operative word regarding the contraversies. It couldn't be in his interest to reveal all. As for 2004, is that about his son Mark playing or what? I remember he played in replacement for Brian McGuigan when Tyrone lost quarter final to Mayo. Although he did come on in 2005 Ulster final against Armagh and it was his last outing for the county. I would have put 2004 as imposible to focus on winning Sam after the sad death of Cormac in March however.
I think the plan might have been to be siting beside Brian Cody on Late Late Show last night as two winning All Ireland managers  :'(         

The word on the street, at the time, was that certain players weren't too impressed after Harte's 'diary' was released in 2003 - what's said in the changing room stays in the changing room - I wonder what the reaction will be to this one?

Archie Mitchell

Was there not a disagreement between Harte and Paddy Tally in 2004 as well. Maybe this will feature alot.

In 2004 v Mayo Brian McGuigan was a late withdrawl for the game. Think it was Ciaran Gourley who replaced him. Mark Harte was there on merit that year. Had great games v Derry in Ulster then v Down and Laois in the qualifers.

johnpower

I will await tomorrows Sunday Times to see if there is anything of interest . I hope he will give the readers a good insight into what makes him and Tyrone tick although I would expect him not to be so forthright in voicing his true feelings as he is still involved

thejuice

Apparently the queen is upset that she doesn't get a mention in it after all she's done to bring Sam to Tyrone.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

comethekingdom

Quote from: thejuice on October 10, 2009, 05:07:18 PM
Apparently the queen is upset that she doesn't get a mention in it after all she's done to bring Sam to Tyrone.
;D

Dont think there'll be a big pile revealed. He wouldn't want to shit on his own doorstep now , would he

Jimmy Two Times

His last book was poor.  There is no doubt he has  a fascinating an insightful story to tell but he is not the sort of character to tell it while he is still in the game.  He won't offer any forthright opinions that might harm his relationship with his players or that may be used as motivation by other teams. 

ONeill

Sizeable extracts in The Times today. Fascinating for Tyronnies, maybe not for outsiders. He intimates that Cavanagh didn't start v Cork for a variety of personal reasons.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Have the book ordered from Amazon so going to avoid the newspaper items over the next day os so.

Will be bloody difficult !!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gaffer on October 11, 2009, 10:49:25 AM
Have the book ordered from Amazon so going to avoid the newspaper items over the next day os so.

Me too. Can someone delete this thread please to stop me reading it.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 11, 2009, 11:01:13 AM

The cross-dressing bit was a real eye-opener.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on October 11, 2009, 11:27:45 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 11, 2009, 11:01:13 AM

The cross-dressing bit was a real eye-opener.

Get away!! They would never do that! Wear Armagh shirts?

long sleves

Might go and get it today.

tyrone girl

Was thinking of going today to see if could get it but is it in shops yet cos on amazon it seemed to indicate it wasnt being released until 13th

long sleves

Was in the local bookshop there and yea its not out to the 13th.