American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: RMDrive on May 12, 2011, 01:29:58 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 12, 2011, 12:29:17 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on May 12, 2011, 12:06:30 PM
Lakers gone. Celtics gone. It's loking all too easy Miami right now.

Don't write off the Bulls.

I'm writing them off surely. If the Pacers could put a challenge up to them in the majority of their games then the Heat will take the series in 6.

Also- I should point out that the 2008 Celtics went to 7 games in each of their first two playoff series before getting their playoff chops and killing in the ECF and the Finals.

mc_grens

Quote from: The Iceman on May 12, 2011, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 12, 2011, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 12, 2011, 04:20:37 PM
Celtics lost it mentally. Was a sad sight. Even though they were competitive for 3 and a half quarters you just knew they were about to gas.

The Heat were able to continually drive to the rim on them. Them trading Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green will go down as one of the worst trades in Celtics history. No way would Lebron or Wade have had the balls to drive to the rim over and over like that if Perkins was there to meet them. Celtics gambled on Shaq staying healty and that was never likely. Of course it didn't help then that Rondo also got injured during the series. Celtics were just too banged up to compete with a younger team. Danny Ainge should be fired for the Perkins trade. Trading one of the best centres in the NBA for a guy who was basically cover for Pierce and Allen. This was probably the Celtics last chance of a title for a few years given their age profile and he decided to break up a winning team mid-season.
Agree!
Though who would have though Shaq would be out for 50 games? Still a horrible trade. Green is not the player people thought he could be....

I somewhat agree, but have to point out how terrible Perk has been so far in the playoffs for OKC. "One if the best centres in the NBA" is a major stretch, he's a strong role player.

Chicago in 6. If they beat ATL!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mc_grens on May 12, 2011, 07:10:21 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 12, 2011, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 12, 2011, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 12, 2011, 04:20:37 PM
Celtics lost it mentally. Was a sad sight. Even though they were competitive for 3 and a half quarters you just knew they were about to gas.

The Heat were able to continually drive to the rim on them. Them trading Kendrick Perkins for Jeff Green will go down as one of the worst trades in Celtics history. No way would Lebron or Wade have had the balls to drive to the rim over and over like that if Perkins was there to meet them. Celtics gambled on Shaq staying healty and that was never likely. Of course it didn't help then that Rondo also got injured during the series. Celtics were just too banged up to compete with a younger team. Danny Ainge should be fired for the Perkins trade. Trading one of the best centres in the NBA for a guy who was basically cover for Pierce and Allen. This was probably the Celtics last chance of a title for a few years given their age profile and he decided to break up a winning team mid-season.
Agree!
Though who would have though Shaq would be out for 50 games? Still a horrible trade. Green is not the player people thought he could be....

I somewhat agree, but have to point out how terrible Perk has been so far in the playoffs for OKC. "One if the best centres in the NBA" is a major stretch, he's a strong role player.

Well fully healthy he is. Certainly defensively. Granted he's not really back anywhere near his best yet after the injury but given how little Green has offered it was still a terrible trade.

thejuice

Chad Ochocinco tries Bullriding

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81fd8b39/Ochocinco-s-ride-nearly-ends-Toro-bly

I guess he's done with NFL as no team would allow a potential player do that.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

David McKeown

I noticed he had a try out with Kansas City too apparently he was quite good and made their reserves too. I'd say with such a potentially poor WR free agent Market he will probably end up somewhere.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

RMDrive

Bulls very comfortable last night.  :-[ Still go for Miami in 6.

mc_grens

Quote from: RMDrive on May 16, 2011, 09:02:05 AM
Bulls very comfortable last night.  :-[ Still go for Miami in 6.

Loved every minute of that last night. Miami need to man up something terrible. They were out thought and out fought by the Bulls. Chicago still MUST win game 2 to win this series though.

Miami will now have to guard Rose using Wade, which will wear him down, and they must defend chicago's pick and roll better, specifically the pick and pop to Boozer, or whoever the shooting guard is. They'll also have to commit more players to defensive boards, which will slow their transition offense. It's also very clear that Chicago's D is a level or two above both their own, and that which Mismi faced against Boston.

This could be a cracking series.

The Iceman

Last night was fantastic. Chicago out played Miami everywhere. I haven't watched the Bulls that much this year but they have some real athletes and are a joy to watch as a team that really work hard together.... can't wait for game 2!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mc_grens

Dirk last night:

"Niemand auf Ihrer dummen Mannschaft kann mich schützen!"

Absolutely unstoppable.

Carmen Stateside

So Miami and Dallas look to be home and dry.  Le bron put on a show last night both on attack and in defending Rose in fourth quarter.  Bosh has proved me wrong with his performances the last few games, has probably been the Heats second best player behind Lebron.  Wade was poor but come up with a couple of great blocks late on.  Bulls looked very tired last night.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 25, 2011, 02:16:25 PM
So Miami and Dallas look to be home and dry.  Le bron put on a show last night both on attack and in defending Rose in fourth quarter.  Bosh has proved me wrong with his performances the last few games, has probably been the Heats second best player behind Lebron.  Wade was poor but come up with a couple of great blocks late on.  Bulls looked very tired last night.

Bulls don't really have that 2nd star player to help out Rose. Boozer and Deng have contributed but neither of them are anywhere near as good as either Lebron or Wade. And even Bosh has played pretty well this series. Last night Lebron was the main man for most of the game and while Wade didn't have a good game he came through in OT to win the game for them really. Bulls still too reliant on their defence and Rose to score heavily for them.

Carmen Stateside

Nice beats that Lebron was sporting last night.  I know New Devil is a big fan of his, so was wondering if he knew were i could get myself a pair just like these?

Oraisteach

Maybe at LoyaltyMyA$$.com.  Sorry, Carmen.

Declan

So Heat v Mavericks in final then. Heat 4-2

ross4life

Great NBA final tied on 2-2 after Dallas pull the win out of the bag last night. with the last two games in Miami they will have to win the 5th game to stand a chance of winning the title.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open