American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Puckoon on January 09, 2011, 12:18:48 AM
Didn't seem enough to over turn. Would have wasted a time out.

On second viewing I agree. The worm is turning here.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I tuned out of what the Sky lads were talking about, but I know it was about OT. Are the new OT rules in for the postseason? I seem to remember something back at the ownership meetings last year?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2011, 12:19:58 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 09, 2011, 12:18:48 AM
Didn't seem enough to over turn. Would have wasted a time out.

On second viewing I agree. The worm is turning here.

Yeah, looks that way alright but still a lot to do for NO.

AZ - yeah, new ot rules are in for postseason.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2011, 12:20:40 AM
I tuned out of what the Sky lads were talking about, but I know it was about OT. Are the new OT rules in for the postseason? I seem to remember something back at the ownership meetings last year?

Aye, if you win toss and score a fg the other team gets a possession, if they score a TD the game is over. If they score a fg to level, next score wins. AFAIK if you win toss and score a TD game is over.

mc_grens

All i know about this game is the sportsguy's and Cousin Sal's twitter threads. Sparse but hilarious. I'm presuming Seattle are winning?!

AZOffaly

That's right Minder. The new rules I was thinking of are that if you receive the kickoff, then you must score a TD to win the game immediately. A FG gives the other team the opportunity to answer.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on January 09, 2011, 12:24:27 AM
All i know about this game is the sportsguy's and Cousin Sal's twitter threads. Sparse but hilarious. I'm presuming Seattle are winning?!

Seattle are winning by 4 with 9:13 left.

Puckoon

Minder

Ball

Game

Have you ever seen more pathetic tackling?

magpie seanie

Holy f**k, now I know why they call him "the beast". Mad shit.

AZOffaly

f**k me. Marshawn Lynch!!! 60+ yards run. He was throwing lads off like a dog shaking fleas.

Minder

Seattle, worst record to reach playoffs. Saints, biggest road team favourites in 35 years.

Who would have thunk it.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

I was saying to my brother earlier that I kinda fancied all the road teams on paper but it seldom works out that way. Road wins or any type of wins aren't too handy got at this time of year are they? Love this NFL.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 09, 2011, 01:03:44 AM
I was saying to my brother earlier that I kinda fancied all the road teams on paper but it seldom works out that way. Road wins or any type of wins aren't too handy got at this time of year are they? Love this NFL.

I have a funny feeling for the Jets, they are better than last year and Colts are worse IMO. They are the best #6 seed you will meet. Fancy both road teams tomorrow.

Hard to bet against Manning at home though.

Three "ball games" in 10 seconds from Cadle there.