American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Family guy

Cant see san fran covering here tho wud like them to cause i took them,the bears hard to brak down

Capt Pat

Jay Cutler 0 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. He is not looking like a good acquisition at this point. I know Chicago don't have any great receivers but he was well protected and had no sacks tonight so no real excuses.

They lost 10 points to 6

Bod Mor

You have to give respect to the 49ers D though, rushing Cutler into throws he was never going to make and great picks in the back field.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

AZOffaly

Bad result for the Cardinals. Makes Sundays game at home to Seattle all the more important. 1-3 at home this year as well  :o 4-0 on the road.

thejuice

Well its that time of year again, Brady or Manning??

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

AZOffaly

Quote from: thejuice on November 13, 2009, 08:28:45 PM
Well its that time of year again, Brady or Manning??

Brady I reckon. Those colts DBs and Safeties have to be ready to be picked off someday. I reckon Welker and Moss might make hay. Manning might be kicking his heels on the sideline a bit.

Capt Pat

The Cardinals will be ok for sunday, they are inconsistent but have way too much for the Seahawks. The Patriots might win this one I think, they have the most experienced head coach and the Colts have had an easy enough schedule and have only won narrowly against average opposition in the last couple of weeks. The Colts still have Peyton Manning so it should be close.

thejuice

I think it all depends on whether the Colts front 4 get pressure on Brady. If not, I can see Pats winning. But you never know.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Whats the difference between Grossman, Orton and Cutler? Cutler cost 2 first round draft picks (though I think Grossman was a first rund pick too  :o)! That was a brutal loss in all fairness. Cutler in fairness does look to have the better tools to be a top QB but I just wonder about his mental toughness. Bears season looks tally fcuked now. Glad I didn't stay up for that one.

Minder

I think there is every chance the Colts front four will get pressure on Brady with Freeney and Mathis. Freeney is on course for 20 sacks this season.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SLIGONIAN

Been a distanced watcher of the NFL past few yrs, always watch the Super Bowl, and Ely Mannings last QTR drive probably the best sports moment ive ever seen to see the Giants win, that 50yrd throw and catch unreal in the middle of it.  Im a Dolphins fan, but only really check there results. Never really knew the technicals of plays etc....would know pretty much most other things. Find it very entertaining. Dolphins having a mixed yr, gave away a huge lead at New Orleans, and we seem to have serious problems in the final quarter.

Only I dont understand how the fixtures and standings are worked out. Any chance someone can explain it to me?  Do all ye lads know the plays and tactical side of things or is that above yer heads aswell?

Also curious about college football, the crowds are massive, and all the college staduims are 100,000 plus. The NFL franchise staduims arent as big. Why is this the case?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

turk

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 14, 2009, 01:27:56 PM
Whats the difference between Grossman, Orton and Cutler? Cutler cost 2 first round draft picks (though I think Grossman was a first rund pick too  :o)! That was a brutal loss in all fairness. Cutler in fairness does look to have the better tools to be a top QB but I just wonder about his mental toughness. Bears season looks tally fcuked now. Glad I didn't stay up for that one.

Ya, Seanie I've wondered what sort of influence Cutler is in a dressing room. I was surprised that Denver's new coach looked to trade him on given that he had a very good year last year. There must be more to it than what happens on the pitch. Time will tell whether Chicago or Denver got the better end of the trade there.

thejuice

Great win for the Bengals. Would love to see them in the Superbowl. Falcons are losing their grip on a play-off spot. It seems Ryan and Turner cant have good games on the same day.