American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Looks like Oakland may not score against the Jets.  Into the fourth and its 31-0

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ballinaman on October 25, 2009, 09:16:09 PM
Anyone else hear the NFL commissioner talking during the Wembley game about how they are more than likely going to bring 2 regular season games to Europe next year?? The CBS guys then mentioned Dublin as a possible venue....

Be unbelievable to have it in Croker!! Can't see it happening though....Old Trafford....Amsterdam....and Berlin would have to be ahead of us to stage a game....

Yeah they mentioned your man Rooney who is the US ambassador to Ireland as the link. He owns (or owned) the Pittsburg Steelers doesn't he?

Would the GAA be willing to give another temporary relaxation of Rule 42? If not, can't see them being interested in Lansdowne capacity wise.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Carmen Stateside

magickingdom

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 25, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 25, 2009, 09:16:09 PM
Anyone else hear the NFL commissioner talking during the Wembley game about how they are more than likely going to bring 2 regular season games to Europe next year?? The CBS guys then mentioned Dublin as a possible venue....

Be unbelievable to have it in Croker!! Can't see it happening though....Old Trafford....Amsterdam....and Berlin would have to be ahead of us to stage a game....

Yeah they mentioned your man Rooney who is the US ambassador to Ireland as the link. He owns (or owned) the Pittsburg Steelers doesn't he?

Would the GAA be willing to give another temporary relaxation of Rule 42? If not, can't see them being interested in Lansdowne capacity wise.

the rooney family still own the steelers and i've no doubt cp would be available, american football was staged there during rule 42s existence. dint know would the nfl go for dublin tho more like paris/berlin or rome

thejuice

Back from Wembley. Buccaneers were woeful. Their pathetic display just sucked the atmosphere out of the stadium. Patriots didn't even look interested by half time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Family guy

exciting finish to the giants game here :D

Carmen Stateside

Feck Manning anyhow! :(
Back to the Yankee game, looks like they might hold on!

Carmen Stateside

gallsman

Giants starting to get found out a little? Collinsworth was pointing out that their unbeaten start to the season was actually relatively easy, so the 5-0 record fooled a good few people. Great comeback from the Saints to beat the Dolphins.

AZOffaly

Great win for the Cards. 4-2 now and the early losses are forgotten about. Big game (aren't they all) against the Panthers next weekend. 5-2 and you could start kicking for home nearly in the NFC West.

Road wins against Jacksonville, Seattle and NY Giants are very welcome.

anportmorforjfc

I wouldn't be so sure AZOffaly seven games into the season the division won't be won. Good comeback yesterday from the 49ers but it just wasn't enough. Can't see them winning at the colts next week but you never know. Looks like Shawn Hills reign may well be over.

AZOffaly

Kicking for home in that if you won another 4 or 5 you'd win it. Not saying the division would be won with a 5-11 record :)

5-2 with two games against the Rams, and you could be hopeful of a 10-6 record. That should win the west.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2009, 11:38:12 AM
Great win for the Cards. 4-2 now and the early losses are forgotten about. Big game (aren't they all) against the Panthers next weekend. 5-2 and you could start kicking for home nearly in the NFC West.

Road wins against Jacksonville, Seattle and NY Giants are very welcome.

If being a Broncos fan last season thought me anything, its you are never guaranteed a divisional title until its mathematically guaranteed.  ;)  Hope ye win the NFC West though.

new devil

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 26, 2009, 03:40:56 AM
Feck Manning anyhow! :(
Back to the Yankee game, looks like they might hold on!

Manning was brutal.....Lets go YANKEES!!  ;D ;D