American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

There's talk of Brett Favre coming out retirement. He is still yet to have surgery on his shoulder and I'm sure his wife Deana wants him to stay home and cut the lawn, and he will want to be out in the fields on his John Deere. I just want to say it now, its not going to happen, end of discussion.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on May 01, 2009, 09:50:38 AM
There's talk of Brett Favre coming out retirement. He is still yet to have surgery on his shoulder and I'm sure his wife Deana wants him to stay home and cut the lawn, and he will want to be out in the fields on his John Deere. I just want to say it now, its not going to happen, end of discussion.

I hope your right.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magickingdom

ok ;) any team mentioned?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magickingdom on May 01, 2009, 07:52:35 PM

ok ;) any team mentioned?

Vikings.

DrinkingHarp

Favre will end up coaching some High School team, I think he worked out with and helped his nephew's team before signing with the Jets.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

Im making plans to go see the falcons against the panthers in september. What's the best way to get tickets. I havent been to a game in the USA yet. when will tickets go on sale and will a divisional game like that sell out quick. thanks.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on May 02, 2009, 02:10:25 PM
Im making plans to go see the falcons against the panthers in september. What's the best way to get tickets. I havent been to a game in the USA yet. when will tickets go on sale and will a divisional game like that sell out quick. thanks.

Juice,

I have a buddy who lives in Hotlanta, I just shot him an email.

He will tell me where you should stay, get tickets, tailgaiting pre-game, bars after the game and everything else you will need to know.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on May 03, 2009, 12:16:43 AM
Quote from: thejuice on May 02, 2009, 02:10:25 PM

Juice,

I have a buddy who lives in Hotlanta, I just shot him an email.

He will tell me where you should stay, get tickets, tailgaiting pre-game, bars after the game and everything else you will need to know.

sound

thejuice

stew

Farve has a hard on for the Vikings, he ants to stick it to the packers for the way they treated him yet he fails to accept that they lost interest in him because he couldnt decide to retire or not and so they quite rightly moved on, he then unretired again and they had already committed to Aaron Rogers. Farve then got his mammy and his brother to slam the packers in the media and lied on tv when he claimed they had done nothing to lure him back, they had offered to fly down to meet with him, he agreed and then a few hours before the GM and VP were to fly down to Mississippi to meet with him he called to tell them not to bother as he was staying retired...........again.

Farve makes everything about him, he was a good quarterback who had moments of brilliance however he is washed up, he quit on the Jets and mailed it in in the last quarter or so of the season and all he wants to do is rub the Packers face in it after everything he put them through and vice versa.

I have to listen to people talking about farve every day of my life,they love him around here although I will say he has lot a lot of support  because of the way he has treated the Packers over the past few years, he is and was a prima donna and he is way overrated in my estimation, the Viqueens would do well to forget about Farve, they dont need another circus in Minneapolis. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2009, 07:25:07 PM
Farve has a hard on for the Vikings, he ants to stick it to the packers for the way they treated him yet he fails to accept that they lost interest in him because he couldnt decide to retire or not and so they quite rightly moved on, he then unretired again and they had already committed to Aaron Rogers. Farve then got his mammy and his brother to slam the packers in the media and lied on tv when he claimed they had done nothing to lure him back, they had offered to fly down to meet with him, he agreed and then a few hours before the GM and VP were to fly down to Mississippi to meet with him he called to tell them not to bother as he was staying retired...........again.

Farve makes everything about him, he was a good quarterback who had moments of brilliance however he is washed up, he quit on the Jets and mailed it in in the last quarter or so of the season and all he wants to do is rub the Packers face in it after everything he put them through and vice versa.

I have to listen to people talking about farve every day of my life,they love him around here although I will say he has lot a lot of support  because of the way he has treated the Packers over the past few years, he is and was a prima donna and he is way overrated in my estimation, the Viqueens would do well to forget about Farve, they dont need another circus in Minneapolis. ;)

The people of greenbay all think like this stew?

magickingdom

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2009, 07:25:07 PM

i think hes a legend stew....

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Damn it, No Brett, don't do it.

magickingdom

cant wait to see him back!!!! go vikings