American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2018, 02:32:28 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 02, 2018, 02:29:01 AM
That was a great finish to that game.

Obviously Georgia won because God likes them more than Oklahoma according to the freshman QB.

Do you really need to be a massive twát about something a teenager said?

Syferus, you think that's me being a massive twat?

Not read this board much?

What got your knickers in a twist
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Stew will be glad to hear Ted Thompson is no longer Packers GM
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

John Fox had to go in Chicago but I think he didn't do the worst job overall - team definitely in better nick now than 2/3 years ago. Fangio has done a job on the defence so I hope he is retained. An offence minded coach is needed to help develop Trubisky plus a bit of luck to keep some receivers fit. Talk of the Philly QB coach being a possibility.

Trouble with the receiving corps is there's now a lot of guys with potential who have played very little and no good, experienced receiver to be a go to option. How can you cut or keep guys when you really don't know what they can do? Jordan Howard is a good, powerful RB who gets what's blocked and runs some guys over. Cohen is a nice complimentary RB. Shaheen looks promising at TE. I think da Bears can move forward and challenge for the NFC North soon after winning the AFC North this season.  ;D

AZOffaly

Alabama and Georgia for it all next monday night. A great day for the SEC after LSU and Auburn both lost. That Conference is something else though.

I'm very suspect about the Oklahoma play calling there at the end of the Georgia game, they basically took it out of Mayfield's hands after he threw a brilliant pass rolling left to put them ahead. I wonder was he hurt or sick? Didn't look it to me.

RealSpiritof98

Took a big knee to the ribs

AZOffaly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 02, 2018, 07:18:34 PM
Took a big knee to the ribs

That looked dirty too, but he didn't seem affected by it as he scrambled around a few times later on, including that TD throw.

stew

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2018, 12:01:56 PM

Wolf Jnr groomed for this role for quite a while, anybody but a Browns GM will be better than right said Ted.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on January 04, 2018, 10:09:59 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2018, 12:01:56 PM

Wolf Jnr groomed for this role for quite a while, anybody but a Browns GM will be better than right said Ted.

Packers have cleaned house, DC & OC gone

AZOffaly

Cardinals in full rebuild mode I'd say. Did quite well to finish 8 and 8 with a decimated squad with key injuries but Bruce Arians has retired and with him goes Carson Palmer.  A lot of Arians position coaches were old guys who have been with him a long time so I'd say they are gone too. Larry might call it a day too bease I doubt he's too interested in a rebuild at this stage. He is only about 400 yards behind TO for second in all time receiving yards so that might sway him.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 04, 2018, 12:08:48 PM
Cardinals in full rebuild mode I'd say. Did quite well to finish 8 and 8 with a decimated squad with key injuries but Bruce Arians has retired and with him goes Carson Palmer.  A lot of Arians position coaches were old guys who have been with him a long time so I'd say they are gone too. Larry might call it a day too bease I doubt he's too interested in a rebuild at this stage. He is only about 400 yards behind TO for second in all time receiving yards so that might sway him.

Three consecutive seasons of 100 receptions and 1000+ yards, unless he's feeling beat up like Megatron (who never even had the intermittent team success Fitzgerald has had to sustain him) there's little reason from him to walk away from big money so close to setting new records. Palmer was done physically before he even got to the Cardinals, he did well to produce as much as he did. Arians is younger than Pete Carroll but in far worse shape.

The Iceman

I haven't paid much attention to the NBA in the last few months other than scorelines. Can't believe all the trades that have happened!
Watched with delight the Celtics take it to the Cavs last night but the biggest surprise was the Cavs roster...They're really building and LeBron is not committing to a return next season.... Wade is getting old but a great pickup this season for them with Rose and Thomas.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Quote from: Syferus on January 04, 2018, 12:16:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 04, 2018, 12:08:48 PM

Three consecutive seasons of 100 receptions and 1000+ yards, unless he's feeling beat up like Megatron (who never even had the intermittent team success Fitzgerald has had to sustain him) there's little reason from him to walk away from big money so close to setting new records. Palmer was done physically before he even got to the Cardinals, he did well to produce as much as he did. Arians is younger than Pete Carroll but in far worse shape.

Maybe he wants to remember his career ??

gallsman

The Cavs are building?! Other then LeBron they're done. Rose has been a dud for five years. His game was all about his explosiveness and the injuries have wrecked him. D-Wade is old and still can't shoot for 3 which gets more important every year. IT is a complete unknown as there's no telling what the injury will have done to him yet.

Meanwhile, Kyrie has blossomed at the Celtics, the Rockets have improved and GSW are as good as ever.

Keep an eye on the rookie Donovan Mitchell at the Jazz. He's absolutely sensational and outplayed the a Cavs a few nights ago.

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on January 04, 2018, 01:16:58 PM
I haven't paid much attention to the NBA in the last few months other than scorelines. Can't believe all the trades that have happened!
Watched with delight the Celtics take it to the Cavs last night but the biggest surprise was the Cavs roster...They're really building and LeBron is not committing to a return next season.... Wade is getting old but a great pickup this season for them with Rose and Thomas.

D Wade was an incredible player, I watched him play in Milwaukee at College level and he was simply sublime, he is way past his sell by date but adds maturity and know how out there for the cavs, I hope he retires and becomes a coach, I think he would be an excellent coach given the clinics he has hosten in the Wisconsin area and beyond.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Big rift in NE going by the ESPN story, makes the Jimmy G trade make more sense now, could have got a boat load of picks in the spring but ended up with a second in the Autumn. BB did it against his will. Hopefully the Death Star is breaking up