Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Brady is 22-9 in the playoffs
Rodgers is 8-6

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 02, 2017, 07:19:53 PM
Brady is 22-9 in the playoffs
Rodgers is 8-6

Since when was W & L a QB stat? Does he also play Defense and special teams ?

27 Tds & 8 ints - QB rating 98.2. Yeah he goes to pieces in the playoffs  ::)

I would also be holding him responsible for the three games this year when Packers opponents scored over 40pts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

He's a great QB... nobody would dispute that. But he's not close to Brady, not even close...-

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 02, 2017, 07:34:30 PM
He's a great QB... nobody would dispute that. But he's not close to Brady, not even close...-

I think when he is Brady's age he will be right in the conversation, without the luxury of having Bellichick as HC. Time will tell, both great players no doubt.

I read this a few weeks ago

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2682596-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-packers-may-be-as-good-as-we-thought-they-were?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

If you just base it on rings then Brady is well ahead of everyone but Montana, better judges than any of us think Marino was the best ever for example.

cadhlancian

Maybe on a pure natural throwing level, Marino was the best. But that's only part of it..
Jimmy White was the most naturally talented snooker player to ever live ( imo), but he wasn't the best..

magpie seanie

Not Rodgers biggest fan but he's definitely near Brady's level, if not better. Think if Rodgers can play as long as Brady his stats will be monstrous. That said Drew Brees' will be gargantuan too.

Minder

Well wildcard this weekend - how do we think it will go ?

Raiders @ Texans - Raiders

Lions @ Seahawks - Seahawks

Dolphins @ Steelers - Steelers

Giants @ Packers - Packers, maybe

AZOffaly

I think Brady is just so clever. He rarely throws a bad interception, or gets confused by defenses. Rogers is very good, very, very good, but he's a bit in the gunslinger mode, and that makes him a bit more prone to error. I mean even those who are saying Rogers is playing unreal right now, they are right, but Brady just finished with a 28-2 TD to INT ratio. That's absurd. And without marquee wide receivers and Gronk for long stretches. I hope Floyd does well there, and if he does he may well turn into a major addition for the Pats.

As for this weekend, I'll go with the Texans at home against 2nd or 3rd string Raiders QB.
Seahawks and their stupid 12th man at home to the Lions.
Steelers at home (assuming cold weather) against the Dolphins
Packers Giants might be close. Manning is not great, but he knows how to win playoff games. The Packers will be hard pressed if the Giants D can pressure Rogers, that might be the upset, but I'd be betting on the Pack.

stew

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2017, 07:44:28 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 02, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

I think when he is Brady's age he will be right in the conversation, without the luxury of having Bellichick as HC. Time will tell, both great players no doubt.

I read this a few weeks ago

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2682596-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-packers-may-be-as-good-as-we-thought-they-were?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

If you just base it on rings then Brady is well ahead of everyone but Montana, better judges than any of us think Marino was the best ever for example.

Eh Bradshaw has four of those rings as well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

He does indeed. It's not about rings. Rings just say you were part of a team good enough to win a Superbowl, and you were good enough to contribute. It doesn't say how much you contributed, or if the team would have won with another QB. Eli Manning is I think a great exponent of that. Trent Dilfer!

However there is something about playing in the playoffs that tests a Quarterbacks mentality, and in a team that places emphasis on the thrown ball, you are being hit with great/v good defenses in each game. So a QB that leads a team to victory in the playoffs cannot make daft mistakes, has to read defenses well, and has to make the big throws at the big times. That's why for me Montana and Brady are ahead of everyone else, and it's why Manning (P) is just short of that in my view.

Eli is also a very good playoff QB, but his numbers in the regular season stop him being a top QB all time. I'd still take Eli in a playoff game over Brett Favre for example.

For me, Joe Montana's John Candy comment before the game winning drive versus the Bengals (I think it was) exemplifies what a Superbowl Leading QB, as opposed to a QB on a Superbowl Team, means.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 03, 2017, 10:27:31 AM
I think Brady is just so clever. He rarely throws a bad interception, or gets confused by defenses. Rogers is very good, very, very good, but he's a bit in the gunslinger mode, and that makes him a bit more prone to error. I mean even those who are saying Rogers is playing unreal right now, they are right, but Brady just finished with a 28-2 TD to INT ratio. That's absurd. And without marquee wide receivers and Gronk for long stretches. I hope Floyd does well there, and if he does he may well turn into a major addition for the Pats.

As for this weekend, I'll go with the Texans at home against 2nd or 3rd string Raiders QB.
Packers Giants might be close. Manning is not great, but he knows how to win playoff games. The Packers will be hard pressed if the Giants D can pressure Rogers, that might be the upset, but I'd be betting on the Pack.

I see what you're saying but Rodgers career record for INT's is very low. The Patriots are so methodical and well coached that it does benefit Brady but I've never seen any QB as cool in the pocket as Brady. It's astounding at times. The league rules have made their job a hell of a lot easier it must be remembered though.

I don't see the Giants causing the upset this weekend. Eli's just not playing well and he'll need to have a very good game to win this one. He's capable but it would be a serious turnaround in form if he does.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2017, 02:39:58 PM

I see what you're saying but Rodgers career record for INT's is very low. The Patriots are so methodical and well coached that it does benefit Brady but I've never seen any QB as cool in the pocket as Brady. It's astounding at times. The league rules have made their job a hell of a lot easier it must be remembered though.

I don't see the Giants causing the upset this weekend. Eli's just not playing well and he'll need to have a very good game to win this one. He's capable but it would be a serious turnaround in form if he does.

Rodgers has the best TD/INT ratio in NFL history

stew

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2017, 05:02:15 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 03, 2017, 02:39:58 PM

Rodgers has the best TD/INT ratio in NFL history

And he has done it despite atrocious play calling at times, not to mention defences that could not stop a nosebleed.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Some brilliant catches from Paul Richardson for the Seahawks last night.

Connor Cook was predictably...awful.

vertigonights

That was just awful from Cook last night, such a pity Carr got injured.