American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Ball Hopper

Cubs win, Cubs win, Cubs win

heganboy

and its bed time- that was actually worth watching the auld rounders in pyjamas...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

DrinkingHarp

It sounds like the Fourth of July here
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

dec

Great game. Worth staying up for.

gawa316

The goat is slain!

Rain delay helped them

Captain Obvious

Back to the future were just one year out on that Cubs world series win.

Ball Hopper

Longest drought in the Big Four American sports is now the NFL Cardinals...last win 1947. 

gallsman

Normal service resumed in Cleveland.

Boycey

I wonder was Steve Bartman watching...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ball Hopper on November 03, 2016, 05:27:00 AM
Longest drought in the Big Four American sports is now the NFL Cardinals...last win 1947.
Damn Ben Roethlisberger!

Well done Cubbies. It's actually hard to believe, when you think of all the things that happened since they last won it.. 2 World Wars, JFK, Fearon being born. Amazing stuff.

Theo Epstein is some yoke. Ended the Red Sox 80+ years drought, and now has ended the drought of droughts. Unreal.

I went to Wrigley Field one time, sat in the bleachers. A great day. They really, really love the Cubs and the Bears in that town. Delighted for them. Hope the celebrations don't get out of hand.

Orior

Has some similarities to Armagh's long wait for an All-Ireland!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Tremendous stuff last night - been a great post-season

DrinkingHarp

Still can't rap my head around "Cubs World Series Champions" but it sounds great.

Woke up late this morning but still enjoying it.

The local news, WGN, had about 5 lads from Carrickfergus on the tv signing Go Cubs Go as they are in town for the Rugby this weekend.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Iceman

first time i tuned in for the world series
would have been a big achievment for cleveland too had they won - to have nothing then have the NBA and UFC heavyweight champion in a matter of months the world series would have been a welcome addition.
but happy to see the Cubs win - they're the reason I tuned it.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight