American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

As bad as Houston is 13 points is poor return, history might repeat itself

Anyone think Bengals can win the 2nd game?

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 09, 2016, 11:39:58 PM
As bad as Houston is 13 points is poor return, history might repeat itself

Anyone think Bengals can win the 2nd game?

Absolutely, no reason they can't. Steelers no running game, horrible secondary & Martavis Bryant goes missing against decent secondaries
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

Wow Kansas 30 zip victors, would love to see smith and Reid win through to the Superbowl, really fancied the chiefs, hoping for a Bengals victory.

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 10, 2016, 01:04:25 AM
Wow Kansas 30 zip victors, would love to see smith and Reid win through to the Superbowl, really fancied the chiefs, hoping for a Bengals victory.

Turns out Smith is quite a bit better than Kaepernick !

RealSpiritof98

As a 49ers fan I did think he was shafted, did f**k all wrong and should have been in a Superbowl the year previous only for special team turn overs. He won't win any QB ratings competition but he wins football games. With that Defence i think they can go to the Superbowl but a lot depend on how healthy they and the teams they play are. Maclin is a worry.

RealSpiritof98

Gonna be a good final quarter here, bengals a chance now Ben is out

O

heganboy

This is a bizarre finish.Hill fumbles and then 2 unbelievably dumb 15 yard penalties after the play to give the Steelers a 35 yd FG for the win. Steelers ahead by 2 with 18 left. Bengals need a kicking for this. Shocking.

Peyton cant believe his luck
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

RealSpiritof98

Jesus Christ talk about a blow up, sickens me how some guys on multi million dollar contracts can act like that

AZOffaly

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2016, 11:02:41 AM
How very Bengals of them.

The Browns would have said that ending was far fetched

J70

Quote from: heganboy on January 10, 2016, 04:53:32 AM
This is a bizarre finish.Hill fumbles and then 2 unbelievably dumb 15 yard penalties after the play to give the Steelers a 35 yd FG for the win. Steelers ahead by 2 with 18 left. Bengals need a kicking for this. Shocking.

Peyton cant believe his luck

Bengals should be ashamed of themselves.

That was a disgrace.

Wildweasel74

Bengal sorta dominated the 2nd Half especially the last quarter once Big Ben got clinked, Bengals are a fairly undisciplined team especially there NO.55, looking to fight with everybody, Hill as well, got what they deserved in the finish
The throwing of bottles and food at Roethlisberger when carted off injured was a damn disgrace

AZOffaly

Bengals have a history of taking chances on lads with dubious characters. Pac Man Jones won't win any humanitarian awards, and Vontis Burfect was a nightmare at ASU. In fairness, they've been fairly well behaved in the past 2-3 years at least, but I suppose it's never far from the surface.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 10, 2016, 01:25:34 PM
Bengals have a history of taking chances on lads with dubious characters. Pac Man Jones won't win any humanitarian awards, and Vontis Burfect was a nightmare at ASU. In fairness, they've been fairly well behaved in the past 2-3 years at least, but I suppose it's never far from the surface.

Yeah i saw this earlier from Mike Silver -

Jones conceded, however, that many outsiders would blame Lewis for failing to control his team. And, truth be told, several players inside the Bengals' locker room -- none of whom wanted his name used, for obvious reasons -- felt that Lewis deserved the criticism, citing a season-long lack of discipline among some defensive players in games, practices and meetings.

"Eventually," one player said, "this (expletive) catches up to you."

Said another: "You put up with enough (expletive) for enough time, guys think they can continually do it."

Asal Mor

That Bengals team might go down in history as the dumbest ever. Burfict is a phenomenal talent but always looks out of control, and that hit on Brown was as moronic as it gets.

I'm surprised the Bengals tried to make a play on the one that Hill fumbled. Should they not have taken a knee x 3 and forced Pittsburgh to use their 3 timeouts, then chip over the field-goal to give themselves a 4 point lead, leaving the Steelers with just over a minute and no time-outs to go the length of the field for a TD?

Brilliant play by Shazier and obviously Hill should have had two hands on the ball, but seemed an unnecessary risk to me.