American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Seanie you must have loved that 😀 It was like they declared open season on Rogers. I nearly felt sorry for him by the end.

smort

Sat the Cardinal D/ST in my fantasy playoff final last night  :'(

Gabriel_Hurl

Chip and the Eagles part ways

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 28, 2015, 09:55:27 AM
Seanie you must have loved that 😀 It was like they declared open season on Rogers. I nearly felt sorry for him by the end.

I really did. Pro bowl me hole. Although it was probably someone elses fault, his o-line, his receivers, the play calling, the officials.....

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 01:30:29 AM

I really did. Pro bowl me hole. Although it was probably someone elses fault, his o-line, his receivers, the play calling, the officials.....

Well when you get sacked 8 times there probably is an issue with your O line, especially when that O line has three back ups playing.

One of those back ups - Barclay, has given up the second most sacks in the NFL this season - he hasn't even played half a season.

Regardless of your bitterness 30TD & 7 INT is Pro Bowl form, he hasn't played as well this year, no doubt, but those numbers with that wide receiving & TE corps is good. Slowest wide receivers in the NFL.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2015, 09:59:37 AM

Well when you get sacked 8 times there probably is an issue with your O line, especially when that O line has three back ups playing.

One of those back ups - Barclay, has given up the second most sacks in the NFL this season - he hasn't even played half a season.

Regardless of your bitterness 30TD & 7 INT is Pro Bowl form, he hasn't played as well this year, no doubt, but those numbers with that wide receiving & TE corps is good. Slowest wide receivers in the NFL.

Excuses, excuses. Is Randall Cobb slow now? Only material difference from last year receivers is Jordy Nelson. That's it. And Davante Adams came with a load of hype. Every team has injuries, you can't hide behind it. When every other QB takes loads of sacks they get blamed for holding the ball too long but not Aaron of course. If you think he was in the top 6 QB's this season I'm afraid it's you who has clouded judgement. People keep pointing to the low number of interceptions but he had at least two fumbles the other night.

And if the receivers are as bad as you say then it shows an outrageous level of arrogance by the Packers - sure we can play anyone, Aaron is THAT good.

gallsman

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2015, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 30, 2015, 09:59:37 AM

Excuses, excuses. Is Randall Cobb slow now? Only material difference from last year receivers is Jordy Nelson. That's it. And Davante Adams came with a load of hype. Every team has injuries, you can't hide behind it. When every other QB takes loads of sacks they get blamed for holding the ball too long but not Aaron of course. If you think he was in the top 6 QB's this season I'm afraid it's you who has clouded judgement. People keep pointing to the low number of interceptions but he had at least two fumbles the other night.

And if the receivers are as bad as you say then it shows an outrageous level of arrogance by the Packers - sure we can play anyone, Aaron is THAT good.

Cobb has been absolutely atrocious this year, and has shown he isn't a #1 receiver.

Adams has been worse, 1 TD all year I think.

Pro Football Focus Top 10 quarterbacks rated going into Week 17

Big Ben 99.9
Palmer 99.6
Brady 99.5
Wilson 86.3
Newton 85.8
Rodgers 85.3
Carr83.8
Brees 82.0
Rivers 79.9
Taylor 79.1

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/25361/dropped-passes-plague-packers-wrs-davante-adams-randall-cobb

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26235/packers-receiver-davante-adams-struggles-continueCarr

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Great evening in store in the NCAA semi finals. Clemson and Oklahoma up first at 9 our time. Alabama and Michigan State after that. Feck the new year countdown, this is a real New Year's Eve treat.

Oraisteach

Houston up 38-24 over Florida State with two minutes remaining

AZOffaly

Yeah. I took Houston -9.5 at half time. Was looking dodgy there for a bit.

Oraisteach

Cheering for Michigan State with their 29 Ohioans on their roster, not to mention QB Connor Cook from Cleveland Walsh Jesuit

DrinkingHarp

NYE Bets

MSU +9.5 vs Bama

2 team parlay Clemson +4 and MSU +9.5  half of it completed

2 team parlay  MSU +9.5 and Iowa +6

Go Big Ten and ACC!!!

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

This is a heavyweight battle. Hard to run on either team. Will Cook win the QB battle?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 01, 2016, 01:53:11 AM
This is a heavyweight battle. Hard to run on either team. Will Cook win the QB battle?

I believe so, after he took that first hit he should be good to go. I can see the O/U around 33.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014