American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

My premium tickets arrived yesterday

AZOffaly

So much for the 35k fans travelling from the US. I couldn't figure where that was coming from.  If there's a few going from here we should meet up for a scatter of pints. I'm heading to Parnell PArk on Friday to see the High School games as well, there's an Arizona team playing :)

Saturday, June 30, 2012
Anthony Travel Takes 10,000 Fans Overseas

The Dallas Morning News

When Notre Dame and the U.S. Naval Academy square off in their football season opener on Sept. 1, the Fighting Irish will have an unusual home-field advantage. The game is being played in Dublin at the Emerald Isle Classic. But the teams will be on equal footing when it comes to travel arrangements. Dallas-based Anthony Travel Inc. is handling the trip for both athletic departments and the more than 10,000 loyal fans trekking to Ireland from all 50 states and Canada. read more

thejuice

I am extremely jealous of everyone going to this.

I snoozed and loozed.  :(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

juice, there's a small chance this could clash with Offaly SFC 1/4 finals and if our club are involved I might have a couple spares.

thejuice

That's mighty kind.

Now which club in Offaly should I be cheering for?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

bannside

Was talking to a knowledable man today about these things and he was telling me about "March Madness weekend". Its for the 4 remaining basketball colleges and is pure massive. Apparently the college scene in US is the biggest revenue maker in American sports. Interesting.

thejuice

Going to California in November. Which colleges are there and any big football games on?

I know there is UCLA but don't know any others.

Oraisteach

Check out the Pac 12 schedule and schools like San Diego Stateor San Jose State

Fri., Nov. 2
Washington at California

Sat., Nov. 3
Oregon at USC

Sat., Nov. 10
Arizona State at USC
Oregon at California
Oregon State at Stanford

Sat., Nov. 17
USC at UCLA

Sat., Nov. 24
Notre Dame at USC
Stanford at UCLA

thejuice

cheers i'll be around the weekend of the 10th. What are the chances of tickets being got?

Oraisteach

I couldn't say, but USC (Southern California) play their home games in the Los Angeles Coliseum, and I know that's got a capacity of over 90,000.

Capt Pat

Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reids son passed away at the Eagles training camp. I beleive he was a one time heroin addict and trouble maker.

RealSpiritof98

Any streams to the games tonight

Minder

Rams have withdrawn their commitment to play in London in 2013 & 2014
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: thejuice on August 05, 2012, 03:37:54 PM
Going to California in November. Which colleges are there and any big football games on?

I know there is UCLA but don't know any others.

Fresno State...Woof woof woof!!!

AZOffaly

USC Trojans. San Diego State Aztecs, or if you are up in northern Cal, Stanford and California Golden Bears.

Cal, USC, UCLA and Stanford are all in the PAC-12 which is a high scoring conference football wise. SEC defences eat them up in bowl games, but they play some amount of 50+v20+ type games.