American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 23, 2012, 09:46:23 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 23, 2012, 08:43:03 AM
Notre dame v navy sept 1st in the Aviva. Tickets locked and loaded.
Might even have a couple of spares as holidays and championship matches interfere

Are tickets still on sale Az would like to try and make this game .

They sold out a long time ago.

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on June 22, 2012, 04:41:06 PM
As much as I'm not a fan of The Heat and particularly Bosh, I will tip my hat to them for a fantastic final series and well deserved win.

Bosh? Really? Why?

Most of the hatred seems to be for LeBron, all because of his ill-advised "decision" spectacular!

On the LeBron hype though (as in all other sports and news issues), the American media is even more knee-jerk than some of the discussion on this board (see soccer and football threads)! Several times over the past six weeks, when the Heat were down in a series and the media were having "grave" discussions about whether LeBron and Wade were "really" compatible and how the whole project might have to be scrapped. Of course, each and every time they wrote the obituaries, LeBron excelled and pulled the Heat through. Even then though, OKC were going to do them in six as they had by far the better depth. Now, since Friday, they're crowning him as the most gifted all-round player in NBA history arguably the greatest player of all time. And apparently the Heat are set to rule the Eastern Conference for years and probably meet OKC in the finals for the next few at least.

stew

The decision............................was an awful decision (pardon the pun) by a young man who thought he was bullet proof due to the fact he was full of himself, based on the fact that everyone he ever met had told him he was the best thing since sliced bread, he now realizes he isnt.

Le Bron James is a solid citizen who has never been in trouble in his life, he is a decent, hard working man who happens to have the potential to be as good as one Michael Jordan, he has matured and I for one wish him all the best, that said if Durrant was fully fit this would have been a tremendous series.

I never pulled for James, I never will but I will not wish ill of a man who is a decent human being and one who is growing with every passing season, he is the real deal and a good guy so fair fcuks to him.

I am hoping OKC stay together, i seriously doubt this league has seen the likes of the selflessness of Durrant and his posse, they are incredible and a credit to the modern ballplayer.

fThere, fixed, thanks for the heads up.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Selflessness Stew? As opposed to Selfishness.

magpie seanie

LeBron is very good but he's no MJ.

Gabriel_Hurl

Jordan won his first ring at 28.

LeBron is 27

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 25, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

LeBron is 27

Aye but OKC are going nowhere, they are young and IF they can get them locked up they are going to be better than the heat, they are younger, more athletic and they now have the experience that should get them over the line.

D Rose will get his as well, to me there are more quality teams around now than in Jordans day and i think Le Bron will get no more than four rings, probably three or less, the rest of the league will get theirs and D wade is getting up there and is never going to be 100% again.

J70

magpie seanie

Even if James was as good a player as Jordan (a majorly big "if") he'll never be his equal.

The Iceman

I have never liked Bosh. He is that one player for me. The Rooney of Basketball, The Ricey of the NBA....
He is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, comes across like that in interviews and I just don't like him.

LBJ debate on how great or not he is will be ongoing. He's no MJ.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2012, 04:27:10 PM
Wade's only 30.

He has a ton of miles on the clock and is beaten up, he can never get fully fit and is having poor games more frequently than ever before, he is still a tremendous player but one that is on the decline imo.

The Iceman

I'd love to see Wade at Boston...they are badly in need of some new additions for next season!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 25, 2012, 01:43:31 PM

LeBron is 27

But LeBron came into the NBA straight from High School (9yrs to win) and Jordan graduated from North Carolina (7yrs to win).
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Galwaybhoy

I got my premium tickets for the navy/notre dame game yesterday. My friends who ordered the regular tickets still haven't got their tickets yet, just wondering has anyone else received their tickets yet?

AZOffaly

Good question. Must ask d'brudder.