DUP halts £180k Glens community funding over '1922 IRA names on gates'

Started by theskull1, June 02, 2016, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Glenariff: DUP halts £180k Glens community funding over 'IRA names on gates'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36427426 

The DUP has pointed to the names of IRA men that appear on gates near the site.
Charlie McAllister and Pat McVeigh were killed in 1922 and their names are on gates that lead into the Glenariff GAA grounds, where the community centre is planned.
Fourteen members of the DUP have "called-in" the decision.

Jesus fecking Christ
This is the sh1te we have to work with. Talk about going out of your way to be offended. I've been going to that ground all my life and never spotted gates never mind what was written on them never mind who the people were. Any excuse to polarize with the DUP  >:(

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on June 02, 2016, 08:21:04 AM
Glenariff: DUP halts £180k Glens community funding over 'IRA names on gates'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36427426 

The DUP has pointed to the names of IRA men that appear on gates near the site.
Charlie McAllister and Pat McVeigh were killed in 1922 and their names are on gates that lead into the Glenariff GAA grounds, where the community centre is planned.
Fourteen members of the DUP have "called-in" the decision.

Jesus fecking Christ
This is the sh1te we have to work with. Talk about going out of your way to be offended. I've been going to that ground all my life and never spotted gates never mind what was written on them never mind who the people were. Any excuse to polarize with the DUP  >:(

Do we expect anything less from these dinosaurs??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Take the gates down and when alls done and dusted put them back up again!!

Play the hoors at their own game.

illdecide

Join the club, we are now on our third process having the last 2 declined. Apparently the first refusal was "there are far too many GAA clubs getting these grants" (Nelson McCausland 4-5 years ago). Like Johnney says take the gates down get the grant and put them back up again bigger and bolder than before...Bigoted Bastards.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

Unionists object to funding IRA related initiatives.In other shock news a bear defecated in the woods today.Political suicide in Allister country for any other unionist to fund anything connected with.IRA.Couldn't see SF and SDLP supporting any UVF initiative either.

Minder

Shower of c***ts, our club has been busting their balls for years fundraising for this, as other clubs do. It would be a great facility for Glenariffe if it sees the light of day.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2016, 11:12:22 AM
Unionists object to funding IRA related initiatives.In other shock news a bear defecated in the woods today.Political suicide in Allister country for any other unionist to fund anything connected with.IRA.Couldn't see SF and SDLP supporting any UVF initiative either.

Loyalist groups and unionists got lots of funding a couple of years ago for commemorating the start of world war one. One of the things they got funding for was flags including lots of uvf flags. They said it was ok because it wasn't the modern day uvf but the old uvf. That's why I think it's a bit hypocritical of them now to not see that the men being remembered on the club gates weren't members of the provos or involved in the modern day troubles from 1969 onwards.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: illdecide on June 02, 2016, 09:02:57 AM
Join the club, we are now on our third process having the last 2 declined. Apparently the first refusal was "there are far too many GAA clubs getting these grants" (Nelson McCausland 4-5 years ago). Like Johnney says take the gates down get the grant and put them back up again bigger and bolder than before...Bigoted b**tards.

I was involved in an grant application when Nelly was in charge in 2011, we were shortlisted but ultimately unsuccessful. Two successful applicants for 3G pitches were Burnside Ulster-Scots Society and Kilcluney LOL 132.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orior

Quote from: Jinxy on June 02, 2016, 09:14:17 PM
Just have no gates then.
Compromise.

Compromise or bend the knee to thy master? Don't be offended by Orange parades. Don't listen when GSTQ is played at Windsor Park. Don't wish of parity. Etcetera etcetera etcetera
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

skeog

manfromdelmonte

We need to break down these barriers and gates between the two communities

Tony Baloney

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 03, 2016, 07:15:56 AM
The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 03, 2016, 07:51:59 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 03, 2016, 07:15:56 AM
The higher you build your barriers, the taller I become.

The further you take my rights away, the faster I will run.
Testing Accessibility