Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Surely the whole point in A and B is to create a competition for the lower ranked teams. Otherwise why have a B?
I think this decsision on St Endas needs revisited as a matter of urgency.

Hectic

Should St Endas not be serious contenders for A? The like of them and Randalstown who have a large contingent on good senior teams gives a really strong base for winning this competition as we have seen historically.

Hectic

Still think we have a duty to support our teams competing in Ulster. I have a lot of sympathy with St Enda's here.

bogieman

St Enda's may have success winning two B championships this year, the history books will be kinder to them...

Above are the illustrious seniors and A's, around are the illustrious medians and B's.  Do they deserve a crown of the virtues, or a pusillanimous crown ?

Ps The dreadnoughts play div 2 football, worthy competitors. Proper county administration.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

jdyok

Pusillanimous
Showing a lack of courage or determination;

For those like me who didn't know what it meant 😳😳😳

stiffler

Do the teams that lose in the u21 prelim round play in the b grade ?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bannside

Dunloy will take some stopping on today's form. Tuesday's draw might just have wakened them up a bit.

The gooch

Any new faces on the antrim panel?

breakingball

So st Endas have no class? Because the county decided to inforce this... catch a grip.

Quote from: farset on November 24, 2018, 10:38:02 AM
St Enda's are going to play in the B? How is that fair on the teams who are at their level in the B? If they had any class they would pull out themselves instead of bulldozing all the B teams out of their way to win a championship they were too strong for at the expense of the teams playing THEIR championship. But they have form in that regard

If you fail to field or break the rules like Dunloy surely that should amount to you getting booted out of the competition?? Do these competitions not have rules?

breakingball

You are a complete idiot... don't like the twitter posts then unfollow the page. You should try chanel your energy and efforts into positive actions rather that this negative hatred which currently seems to mostly be vented towards st endas.

Quote from: farset on November 24, 2018, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: Hectic on November 24, 2018, 10:39:07 AM
Surely the whole point in A and B is to create a competition for the lower ranked teams. Otherwise why have a B?
I think this decsision on St Endas needs revisited as a matter of urgency.

I don't think there's any way around it. They are in a unique position of being in an Ulster Intermediate (cough) Championship final.

Kind of like Man Utd the time they pulled out of the FA cup because they were in the World club.

What do they want the rest of the teams to do? Hang about and train until they are good to play in the championship? As I said if they had any class, they'd pull out of the B but my bet will be that they'll play in it and swat the B teams to the side like flies and then post 5000 twitter posts about being champions lol

BigBallWeeBall

U21 group 5, what happens now in this farce. NE in B?, who from LD & ODR go into A. Both have a win each and 2 losses, both likley to struggle in A based on results.
LD had their game V NE postponed on 3 occasions. Can ODR claim points in their game v NE following their demotion to B

The gooch

All championship should be knockout, save the hassle. Have a seeded draw to avoid 2 of the big guns meeting eachother in the 1st round. Seed teams based on their senior league position. Simple.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The gooch on November 24, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
All championship should be knockout, save the hassle. Have a seeded draw to avoid 2 of the big guns meeting eachother in the 1st round. Seed teams based on their senior league position. Simple.

How do you seed under 21? No league to gauge and form changes from one year to the next! Not simple enough
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The gooch

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2018, 06:32:17 PM
Quote from: The gooch on November 24, 2018, 06:25:01 PM

How do you seed under 21? No league to gauge and form changes from one year to the next! Not simple enough

As i said senior league position. 9/10 your gonna get a winner of the u21 cship based on a strong senior team. Cant think of any recent winners that have came from teams in the lower half of div2/3.

The amount of non fixtures in this years comp has been an embarrassment. Seeded draw along with straight knockout is the way it should be imo. Still have the a and b comps

imtommygunn

The top teams don't look to be coming from any of the top senior teams at all though.Not fair at all.

The best you could do is from 3 years previous in the minor.