ANTRIM , WHO WILL COMME OUT ON TOP FOR 2010. FOOTBALL OR HURLING

Started by Rasmatazz:), January 18, 2010, 11:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Who would the strongest minor football teams be in antrim?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on January 29, 2010, 11:46:38 PM
I don't think it is seen as that , though i do think there is a great chance of histroy to be written in the books , all these years an i don't think an correct me on this if im wrong but im sure no club team has won 2 AI'S  in the same year at diffrent codes , It would be good to see that all them years in county level slugging it out , been know as the whipping boys that a club down a little lane in it's 100th years of proud histroy has a great chance of really going all the way an book itself into the GAA histroy books .
All them great teams in the free state , all that shite we have to read about in the sunday papers about the great teams , (ie Pat Spillane  I TALK OUT OUT OFF MY ASS ) ;D
Get out on the 13feb boys , tell ur partners that Valentine's weekend off an get ur butts to Croke an by the way were some blue an white  ;D
Match throw in 7.45 buses will be leaving at a time to tba ,
Laters

Intermediate and Junior All Ireland Club competitions are a relatively new concept but the nearest I can find is St Finbarr's from Cork who I believe won the AI football in 1981 and were Munster champions in the hurling the same year (both at senior)...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Paddy1804

I would love to be proved wrong, but I suspect that Dunloy may struggle.  Even if they manage to beat Portumna and reach the final (a huge task) Ballyhale Shamrocks will prove a tough nut to crack as well.  St. Galls have a real, genuine opportunity to lift an all-Ireland though...  Mind you, it'd be great if they both managed to get to the final!!

Rasmatazz:)

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on February 11, 2010, 09:54:55 AM
I don't think it is seen as that , though i do think there is a great chance of histroy to be written in the books , all these years an i don't think an correct me on this if im wrong but im sure no club team has won 2 AI'S  in the same year at diffrent codes , It would be good to see that all them years in county level slugging it out , been know as the whipping boys that a club down a little lane in it's 100th years of proud histroy has a great chance of really going all the way an book itself into the GAA histroy books .
All them great teams in the free state , all that shite we have to read about in the sunday papers about the great teams , (ie Pat Spillane  I TALK OUT OUT OFF MY ASS ) ;D
Get out on the 13feb boys , tell ur partners that Valentine's weekend off an get ur butts to Croke an by the way were some blue an white  ;D
Laters

Intermediate and Junior All Ireland Club competitions are a relatively new concept but the nearest I can find is St Finbarr's from Cork who I believe won the AI football in 1981 and were Munster champions in the hurling the same year (both at senior)...
in football yes but wat about the AI in hurling , they might have won Munster but did they go on an win the hurling in the AI  :-\

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on February 12, 2010, 11:47:16 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on February 11, 2010, 09:54:55 AM
Laters

in football yes but wat about the AI in hurling , they might have won Munster but did they go on an win the hurling in the AI  :-\

No..that's why I said the "nearest" to doing this...hard to compare as St Gall's are not a senior hurling team
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties