Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3748190 times)

hurlingstick

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37545 on: February 04, 2018, 04:12:52 PM »
Well done today antrim. Youíve put a lot of pride in the shirt the wins are coming !!

Away to Laois next - we've a very mixed bag of results v Laois in recent years. Could go either way. Hopefully the players can now go into the game with optimism. A win would be huge.

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #37546 on: February 04, 2018, 04:16:34 PM »
Letís not forget Laois have been very competitive so far in the league too. Itíll be close but antrim should be full of confidence. An away win would be lovely.

Limerick tank Offaly? Itís a strange division.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37547 on: February 04, 2018, 04:45:24 PM »
Antrim are competitive again! Great effort but disappointed we didnít get any points from that game!

Plenty to work on too, which is good, hopefully a win against Laois next time out

Corrigan was in great shape.. should get more games
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #37548 on: February 04, 2018, 04:47:44 PM »
Did anyone hear if that fella got his bus pass?

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #37549 on: February 04, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
That was a bit sick
Fought back from a 7 point deficit to a draw
Why did the ref play one and half minutes extra over the four
Let them get the free to win it

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37550 on: February 04, 2018, 06:38:59 PM »
Neil scored on the 39.04 minute! I was sure the ref was going to blow on the puck out!

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #37551 on: February 04, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »
Neil scored on the 39.04 minute! I was sure the ref was going to blow on the puck out!

Yeah
Refs normally think itís all level times up blow the whistle. Where he got the extra time I donít know.
Still we have them a big lead and to much to do
Mc manus was outstanding and plugged a lot of holes all over the pitch
Rocky and young Mc Naughton caught the eye
Thought the rest where poor

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37552 on: February 04, 2018, 07:02:11 PM »
Gutting! Thought we had a draw in the bag. McManus superb.

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37553 on: February 04, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »
One thing different about Antrim today and they must be commended on it. Was that despite going six points down, they never faded away which shows a wee bit of mental resolve that we don't normally expect to see with Antrim. There must be a good vibe in the changing room.

Baile an tuaigh

• mac uilin clg 1907-2007Na Gleannta Glas d'Aontriom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37554 on: February 04, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »
Gutting! Thought we had a draw in the bag. McManus superb.

I was chatting to Donal O Grady (ex Cork hurler and manager) a while back and he couldn't praise Neil McManus enough.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #37555 on: February 04, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
Good grit and determination in the second half but too reliant on McManus. I'm sure the Dubs were impressed by the county ground.

old timers

• View Profile
« Reply #37556 on: February 04, 2018, 07:47:46 PM »

Yeah
Refs normally think itís all level times up blow the whistle. Where he got the extra time I donít know.
Still we have them a big lead and to much to do
Mc manus was outstanding and plugged a lot of holes all over the pitch
Rocky and young Mc Naughton caught the eye
Thought the rest where poor

Iím glad Iím not the only one that thought that.  Without mcmanus they would have been hammered unfortunately that wonít continue for many more seasons and  to be honest McKinley really shouldnít have been on as long as he was. Moving him out was just keeping him on the pitch.  Nigel was not on form either. Forwards got nothing out of that match. Was glad to see Big Carson getting a run out and he battled well and mcAuley but couldnít understand McCambridge (who I thought was a back? Maybe not) coming into the forwards??  Surely Maol or even young Murphy (who scored well during the McGurk matches) would have been a better option?  But we will take the positives  two games and two narrow defeats!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #37557 on: February 04, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »
Carson maybe isn't one of the best 15 in the county but against the big teams he is one of few we have who is physical enough to compete.

Mccambridge played 11 for cushendall a bit i think.

old timers

• View Profile
« Reply #37558 on: February 04, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »
Carson maybe isn't one of the best 15 in the county but against the big teams he is one of few we have who is physical enough to compete.

Mccambridge played 11 for cushendall a bit i think.

Completely agree about Carson and he gives you what he has.  But letís face it is the team the anywhere near the strongest 15 in the County ? for me I donít think so.  As a NA man I would say there are a lot of players especially up here who could be there but arenít for various reason. In my own day it was never really any different But we are where we are. As for Ryan coming on in front of two scoring forwards who were both on the panel last year it seems strange. But thatís Antrim hurling for ya.   

On a separate note - There was a lot of Dall players on today - do they maybe fancy themselves for Championship?? Too early ??

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #37559 on: February 04, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »
I think it is closer to the best 15 than it has been in a while.

Very few teams bar the top ones get their best 15 due to commitment required these days across football or hurling. Get a commited panel and that is the best you can ask for.